It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Deleted a Gay TV Show

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Last night I was tired after getting home from my daughter's softball game so I was looking for one of my saved shows to watch. I love the show House Hunters (I am in to real estate investing) so I selected the next one on the list. It was focusing on a gay male couple so I deleted that episode and started the next one which was a normal heterosexual couple. I watched that episode instead. I also stopped watching The Amazing Race because of their heavy gay agenda focus.

It made me think about how easy it is for me to delete or not watch a show I find offensive without making a big deal about it and complaining about it to other people. I support gay marriage as a Libertarian and I don't want to see gay people discriminated against in the workplace or anywhere else. Gay people are my fellow human beings and I respect them as such. Their gay behavior is what is offensive to me not the people themselves.

My point is we can all let other people live their lives and simply hit delete or turn our heads if we are offended. We don't have to try to take away another persons rights or punish them for living their lives as they see fit. I can control what I watch on TV and what I put into my head and ultimately it is MY responsibility to choose what I want to watch, read or see.

edit on 2015/7/22 by Metallicus because: Spelling Correction

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Last night I was tired after getting home from work so I was looking for one of my saved shows to watch. I love the show House Hunters (I am in to real estate investing) so I selected the next one on the list. It was focusing on a straight couple so I deleted that episode and started the next one which was another heterosexual couple.so I changed the channel again.I also stopped watching The Amazing Race because of their heavy straight agenda focus.

It made me think about how easy it is for me to delete or not watch a show I find offensive without making a big deal about it and complaining about it to other people. I support straight marriage as a Libertarian and I don't want to see hetro people discriminated against in the workplace or anywhere else.straight people are my fellow human beings and I respect them as such. Their breader behavior is what is offensive to me not the people themselves.

My point is we can all let other people live their lives and simply hit delete or turn our heads if we are offended. We don't have to try to take away another persons rights or punish them for living their lives as they see fit. I can control what I watch on TV and what I put into my head and ultimately it is MY responsibility to choose what I want to watch, read or see.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Im pretty sure thats a hate crime. They're going to make you go for re education.
Tolerance means you have to watch everything endorsing whatever you disagree with

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
lol, how does their 'gay behaviour' offend you?

Not having a go or anything, that just made me laugh.

People need to stop getting offended imho.

I agree with you though, if you don't like something, don't watch it ect ect, it is simple.
edit on 22/7/2015 by SilentE because: typo

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Hear, hear, fellow Buckeye.

Too bad the Reds stink this year. You could have been watching them instead.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
A very good use of personal choice.
I don't personally like cats. So i tend to not visit sites with cat memes. Not really the same thing, but sorta.

originally posted by: Metallicus
It made me think about how easy it is for me to delete or not watch a show I find offensive without making a big deal about it

And, um....good job at doing that.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Wait.. what? Gay Agenda on The Amazing Race? Gay Behavior? so can i assume you don't like straight behavior also right?

this is not an attack on you, i'm just confused about those statements

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I ate a piece of gake. It was delicious!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Yaaas! Gake for the win!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
To be honest, you have opened a can of worms. Its your right to watch what you want, and if we are honest a lot of shows with "gays" in them are just crappy as if because the people are "gay" the show has to be good. Its your house your TV do as you wish. There are some actors you could not pay me to watch, Im sure im braking some law some were because of this but what the hell its my life.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Wetpaint72

This post needs to be Reread over and over

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

About three and a half years ago I turned on the TV after work and flipped trough the channels. It disgusted me. Agendas on every channel, stupid commercials, and the so called news channels were all a joke.

I called my provider and canceled cable altogether. For a while I had HULU but over time I rediscovered books and I do not regret it at all. There are only 2 or 3 shows that I like, but I am patient and can download them at my leisure.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Hater.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well all things considered house hunters is a completely fake and scripted show with actors playing the couples. I bet those guys were not even really gay, just decent actors.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I have no problem with anything you said here. I would much rather people just turn the channel, rather than griping about all the "gay tv shows". I don't like most tv shows, so I just don't watch them. Netflix and Amazon Prime are awesome, because I can pick and choose what programs I want to watch, I can binge watch, and there are no commercials to fast forward through.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well it seems to me the "gay agenda" offends you enough to come here and write up this masterpiece..a tad more than turning your head the other way. Albeit it critizing is much better than attempting to take away rights or punishing more than ratings; so i commend you for being better than most with these kind of feelings.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I"m offended by a lot of shows...

-Nancy Grace
-Judge Judy
-Naked and Afraid
-Dating Naked
-Keeping up with the Kardashians
-Fox News
-Hardcore Pawn

...Just to name a few

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Last night I was tired after getting home from my daughter's softball game so I was looking for one of my saved shows to watch. I love the show House Hunters (I am in to real estate investing) so I selected the next one on the list. It was focusing on a gay male couple so I deleted that episode and started the next one which was a normal heterosexual couple. I watched that episode instead. I also stopped watching The Amazing Race because of their heavy gay agenda focus.

It made me think about how easy it is for me to delete or not watch a show I find offensive without making a big deal about it and complaining about it to other people. I support gay marriage as a Libertarian and I don't want to see gay people discriminated against in the workplace or anywhere else. Gay people are my fellow human beings and I respect them as such. Their gay behavior is what is offensive to me not the people themselves.

I honestly think it is about more than just SEEING stuff people don't want it to EXIST.

People always talk about the Gay Agenda, the Liberal Agenda, the Right Wing Extremists, The Muslims, blah blah blah. I honestly think it comes down to people being afraid of what they don't understand, and being uncomfortable with things that are different than they are.

The people I know who are "anti-gay", for example, don't just delete a show they record that has two guys kissing.....they literally get upset about it, EVEN IF THEY DONT SEE THE SHOW. It doesn't even matter if they see it or not, they just don't even want it to EXIST. It makes no sense to me, but I think they feel it is breaking down the fabric of society of something.

The truth is, society IS changing rapidly fast. Some things for the better, some for the worse.

People, especially older people, see all of these changes taking place...and they BLAME the changes in society for the problems in society. What they fail to understand, is they are looking at the problem backwards. Society isn't getting worse because people are changing......people are changing (for the worse) because SOCIETY is getting worse. More technological advancements make life much easier, but also make people lazy. Having the internet makes so many things more convenient, and people can look up anything, but it also has negative consequences on the social aspect of humanity.

Bottom line, or world is changing....probably faster than at ANY other point. People are scared....and like chickens running around with a cut off head, they don't know where to go, or what to do.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Yeah I second the Judge Judy, I absolutely have to leave the room if someone in my house is watching it. Ugh I can't stand her! Also don't ever mention the Kartrashin's, saying that name is what gives it power.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SilentE

Because there's gay and then there's GAY.

By this I mean you get the popular stereotypical representation of what gay is and you simply get people who are gay.

Most of my favorite cooking shows have chefs who happen to be gay. Cool. They mention it, but it's just an aside. Real person, you know?

Then you have shows where the gay character is written to play all the major "gay" chords and be that "gay" character. It's like the only function is to be "gay" and oh yeah, his (or her) name is also Stacy. It's obvious that who that character is is plainly secondary to their living, breathing status as FABULOUS.

And when I see the latter ... yep, it's time to go see something else. See one stereotype; you've seen them all no matter what group we're talking about. African-Americans don't like it, so why would gays?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join