It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Nature - Queen of Fairies, Heavenly Father - King of Angels, oppression of the feminine?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Isn't it interesting how the earliest findings of spirituality is the honoring of The Mother Goddess? The Ancients were very connected to nature and there saw the one who gave birth to all as a female rather than a male, that is, The Goddess Mother Nature who is the Queen/Mother of the gods/spirits/fairies. This Goddess of The Universe/Nature seems to always be associated with fertility, abundance, and love. As different tribes fought, they adapted the gods of other tribes and eventually a male god, king of the gods (Amen-Ra, Zeus, El, etc.) became more important and the female less important.

The Biblical creation story says females were created from males, and yet, when a baby develops, it starts off with a female X Chromosome and if it stays female it becomes XX and the male becoming XY, still having the X female chromosome. What do you think of all of this?
edit on 21-7-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Isn't it interesting how the earliest findings of spirituality is the honoring of The Mother Goddess? The Ancients were very connected to nature and there saw the one who gave birth to all as a female rather than a male, that is, The Goddess Mother Nature who is the Queen/Mother of the gods/spirits/fairies. This Goddess of The Universe/Nature seems to always be associated with fertility, abundance, and love. As different tribes fought, they adapted the gods of other tribes and eventually a male god, king of the gods (Amen-Ra, Zeus, El, etc.) became more important and the female less important.

The Biblical creation story says females were created from males, and yet, when a baby develops, it starts off with a female X Chromosome and if it stays female it becomes XX and the male becoming XY, still having the X female chromosome. What do you think of all of this?

Makes you wonder how Jesus was a male since his only sex chromosomes came from Mary. By all accounts, it should have been impossible for him not to have been a girl.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Man, there is always repression of something. Humans are always busy with socially engineering themselves.

History is just a gory Stephen King novel recounting our dalliances with what fairy stories we made up about the divine. We polarise everything, turn everything into a battle. I'm not wasting my time playing any such games. No magic voice has ever come to me and I am pretty suspicious of any human being that uses such pretexts to herd people into any kind of belief system. It seems more honest to tackle this existence head on for what it is and not what we want it to be, imagine it to be or pretend it to be.

Biologically the male appears to be a development of the theme, being a later addition in evolution, which totally contradicts the creation story of the Bible. No doubt there has been a constant war on the feminine. Even the Hebrews who are very unique for their patriarchal belief system had constant problems with Asherah infiltrating their society. The so called Christian priests of the Inquisition and beyond had one simple solution - burn all the women who threatened them and put the fear into women to be good little girls and be submissive.

As it stands iconoclasm reigns in the West right now. The patriarchal religions are dwindling in the light of modern scientific interpretation of existence. This will undoubtedly give women a fairer position socially.

If the # gets too hot to handle and men get battered too much for the past heinous crimes what will I do?...CHANGE SEX, hahahaha!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

For me current religion has simply evolved in order to take the matriarchal societies out of the equation so that man could bully his way to religious power and instal the patriarchal society - with precious little logic and stupid ideas such as God the father, God the son and God the holy ghost - if people think they are not believing in faeries with the dogma the desert religions have spouted they are simply deluding themselves.

The idea of the planet being an organic, living entity separate from ourselves but nurturing us is a logical one and is truth, something the ancient civilisations prior to the desert religions recognised and spoke about figuratively as was the custom then. However, men wanted to change that and produced the current set of 'accepted' religious papers and dogma that has bent ancient truths so out of shape one only needs to think of something such as God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost - A ghost? - as the seat of creation. Since then people have been expected to be blind to the lack of the feminine which is an undeniable and equal part of life on this planet. However much men love to embellish themselves with frocks of a 'religious nature' and mitre heads, beards and crazy hats, they are only one part of the equation and its reflected by the history of the last 2000 odd years which hasn't improved on the past, in fact some would argue man is going backwards religious-wise.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Yes, monotheistic religions, the Abrahamic ones in particular, have all but snuffed out the divine feminine from their teachings. Luckily though there are still clues to the feminine coded into the bible.

The church (bride/feminine)? That's a euphemism for physical reality, many from one, the splitting of the head (Christ/mind) into many individual identities. The Tripartite Tractate of the Nag Hammadi library delves into this concept a good bit, the one Son inhabiting many "parts".
edit on 7/21/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes, monotheistic religions, the Abrahamic ones in particular, have all but snuffed out the divine feminine from their teachings. Luckily though there are still clues to the feminine coded into the bible.

Yes indeed. The Abrahamic religions, though they aren't the only ones, have made the feminine the root of all the evils on the earth. How convenient.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I understand what the church says Genesis says, but that doesn't make it so.

Adam was created fully man and woman. Both natures were in one. The angels in heaven are both male and female, meaning each angel is both fully male and female. God in Genesis is equal part male and female. God is our father and mother in equal proportions according to Genesis.

According to the texts we are equal in the since of creation. Man was made the more physically superior and is instructed to take care of not one woman, but all women.

The problem with the religions, they were interpreted by men who believed they were superior to women. How a man can believe he is superior to the one who gave birth to him is beyond me.

The texts do not support male superiority. Only in the since of a family was the women instructed to defer to the man. Someone in the family has to have the final say.

In modern society things are different. In modern society I would say the bread winner takes the role of leader of the family, whether that is male or female. The point of the women deferring to men in a relationship comes from the idea that the man was responsible for providing for the family, and the provider should have the final say.

None of the religious text support male superiority. Only the twisted mind of ignorant men believe in male superiority.

edit on 21-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

They say not to love the world and that the body is sinful and the facilitator of sin. That is demonizing the feminine and is a huge reason the world is in the shape it is in today, because people have been taught not to love it, hence the neglect of it.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

There's document that is claimed to have been discovered with the Dead Sea Scrolls, but lies within a private collection and has not been readily available to the public. There's a lot of speculation of why it's been denied inclusion in public DDS documents. I think the content makes it clear why it's been hidden and defamed.

If thou keepest my commandments, thou shalt enter the Inftnite Garden where stands the Tree of Life in the midst of the Eternal Sea.

Thou shalt not violate the Law. The Law is thy God, who shall not hold thee guiltless.

Honor thy Earthly Mother, that thy days may be long upon the land, and honor thy Heavenly Father, that eternal life be thine in the heavens, for the earth and the heavens are given unto thee by the Law, which is thy God.

Thou shalt greet thy Earthly Mother on the morning of the Sabbath.

Thou shalt greet the Angel of Earth on the second morning.

Thou shalt greet the Angel of Life on the third morning.

Thou shalt greet the Angel of Joy on the fourth morning.

Thou shalt greet the Angel of Sun on the fifth morning.

Thou shalt greet the Angel of Water on the sixth morning,

Thou shalt greet the Angel of Air on the seventh morning-

All these Angels of the Earthly Mother shalt thou greet, and consecrate thyself to them, that thou mayest enter the Infinite Garden where stands the Tree of Life.

Thou shalt worship thy Heavenly Father on the evening of the Sabbath.
Thou shalt commune with the Angel of Eternal Life on the second evening.
Thou shalt commune with the Angel of Work on the third evening.
Thou shalt commune with the Angel of Peace on the fourth evening.
Thou shalt commune with the Angel of Power on the fifth evening,
Thou shalt commune with the Angel of Love on the sixth evening.
Thou shalt commune with the Angel of Wisdom on the seventh evening.
All these Angels of the Heavenly Father shalt thou commune with, that thy soul may bathe in the Fountain of Light, and enter into the Sea of Eternity.

The seventh day is the Sabbath: thou shalt remember it, keep it holy. The Sabbath is the day of the Light of the Law, thy God. In it thou shalt not do any work, but search the Light, the Kingdom of thy God, and all things shall be given unto thee.

The Book of Moses

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73
I have to disagree with your assertion, the "texts" do not support superiority of men over women. Anyone reading through the bible can readily see that women are treated like property at worst, and second class citizens at best in many verses. Women don't pay a dowry for the man. The man pays a dowry for the woman. She has less value, and has no say in who she marries. She is bought and sold like a slave. She doesn't fare much better in the new testament. Same with the Quran. It specifically states Allah made men superior to women(Sura 4:34).

Just sayin, the actual texts don't agree with your rationalization.

edit on 7/21/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

en.m.wikipedia.org...

I recommend you read Robert Graves seminal work entitled "THE WHITE GODDESS". It is not an easy read but very enlightening to one who re-reads and perseveres.

edit on 21-7-2015 by fshrrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

It is patently obvious from what you have written - and I totally concur with you - the dessert religions were written/.concocted by men, for men and only men.

Its sad that in actual fact, the originators of this ideal the Jewish scribes, tried to bury the fact that originally yahweh was merely a part of a canaanite pantheon and, like St Paul had a female 'partner'. Both women have been pretty much buried or as in Yahweh's partner, defamed. Apparently, originally she was worshipped in the temple as well, but I suspect with the greed of men particularly if women were to inherit from their husbands/fathers, other men couldn't wait to grab the goods by forcing women into servitude. Women suffer from greed and lust for power, but nothing to the extent that men do.

What makes me smile in all of this is the never touched upon question "Why did godyahweh have to have an army to take a piece of land he supposedly created in the first place? (That is if you credit him with creation as the 3 dessert religions do,) except that it obviously wasn't his in the first place to give away or, worse still, he was stupid enough to loose control of it - either way it doesn't bode well for the question why if he was the omnipotent God of everything, did he need an army to steal Canaan from the Canaanites and settlers already living there? His standing was obviously less than that of a kIng because his origins were far more humanlike, he was actually a storm god.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I have to disagree with your assertion, the "texts" do not support superiority of men over women. Anyone reading through the bible can readily see that women are treated like property at worst, and second class citizens at best in many verses. Women don't pay a dowry for the man. The man pays a dowry for the woman. She has less value, and has no say in who she marries. She is bought and sold like a slave. She doesn't fare much better in the new testament. Same with the Quran. It specifically states Allah made men superior to women(Sura 4:34).

Just sayin, the actual texts don't agree with your rationalization.

Maybe you have read a bad translation. Or maybe you are referring to bad male oriented dogma that is not supported by the actual scriptures.

Sura 4:34
The men are to support the women with what God has bestowed (physical strength) upon them over one another and for what they spend of their money. The upright females are devoted; keeping private the personal matters for what God keeps watch over. As for those females from whom you fear desertion, then you shall advise them, and abandon them in the bedchamber, and separate from them. If they respond to you, then do not seek a way over them; God is Most High, Great.

Is it wrong to say that men are typically physically stronger?

And in the times past, where most work was physical, that the male was more suited for working and the women more suitable for child raising? Times are different than 1600 years ago.

Women have to agree to the marriage, and this view is supported in all the texts that I am aware of.

"Do not prevent them from marrying their husbands when they AGREE between themselves in a lawful manner." [Noble Quran 2:232]

The texts support me, not the religious dogma that you have heard. If you want to debate this further you will have to provide scriptures that prove what you claim.

Interpretation is everything and the Koran has been butchered by many who tried to turn a song into a book and have added meaning, mostly Male and Zionist biased.

Here is a website that explains the roles of men and women according to the Quran. We are different but equally important.

islamicfaq.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

comminfo.rutgers.edu...

ERICH NEUMANN. AMOR AND PSYCHE (1956)

Neumann’s interpretation of the Eros [sic] and Psyche myth is influenced by his view of the development of human consciousness which he describes in his major work, The Origins and
History of Consciousness. 

There he traces the stages of human consciousness beginning with the self-contained uroboros (the symbol of the primal dragon that bites its own tail), where there is not yet individual consciousness differentiated from the environment or from the original unconscious matrix. Neumann sees the uroboric state expressed in creation myths, especially the myth of the Great Mother. 

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

The texts support me, not the religious dogma that you have heard. If you want to debate this further you will have to provide scriptures that prove what you claim.

Well, we can start with the bible...
Verses from Genesis to Revelation
Taken together as a whole, they paint a very bleak picture for women. Doesn't matter the translation. They all read mostly the same.

Then we can go to the Quran...
Top ten rules in the Quran that oppress women
However flowery picking and choosing verses may be, taken as a whole, women are of less value than men, as well as oppressed in the Quran.

edit on 7/21/2015 by Klassified because: add link

edit on 7/21/2015 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

The bible tells the truth in the OT about how men thought and treated women. Find verses where YWHW tells Isreal to treat women poorly.

When nations conquered other nations there were no prisons, so the captured became slaves.

This remained true all the way until WW2. Moses made laws to protect the slaves from from being beaten to death. In WW2 prisoners were made slaves and beaten to death, or killed in other fashion.

I don't see how a book that contains unsavory details about Isreals past can be God's fault. Unless you are accusing him of giving us freewill.

And any site that teaches the Hadith is garbage. Only the Talmud is more twisted than the teachings found in the Hadith. The Hadith is not from Mohammed. The Quran itself says that it is complete. A complete work of God does not need Hadith.

I have read the texts many many times. I promise women are only different then men in two ways.

Women are more nieve/trusting when it comes to Love, and men are more Reason/Logic based when it comes to Love. This is why the serpent was able to tempt Eve. Her birth pains and menstrual cycle are to remind her of this.

And women are physically inferior. Which is why men were supposed to take care of the women.

The texts give women the right to choose who they marry and the right to divorce. The only one who can negative a womens right to marry is her own father. But if the women really wants to Marry, she could sleep with her lover and the father would have no other choice but to consent. Since virginity used to mean something.

I don't know the Surah but the Quran says to marry a slave girl she and her father must agree. No where in the Quran is forced marriage permitted.

I am not the one cherry picking out of context verses, but you linked to some sites that do precisely that.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
It's obvious you didn't even read the verses. It is god who put those oppressive laws on women to begin with. Is it any wonder men ran with them after that? Nevertheless, it's moot at this point. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Women are raised to the highest esteem in Christianity, especially Catholicism, where the sacred feminine is revered.

Today, July 22, Memorial to Mary of Magdalene. The first one to see the risen Christ on Easter, the one who ran to tell the apostles, the one who waited and waited, crying at the empty tomb. The one who persevered and was rewarded by actually seeing the risen Lord, after he called her by name.

Jesus' Church, The Catholic Church, KNOWS the importance of women in salvation history.

St Mary Magdalene, pray for us.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Makes you wonder how Jesus was a male since his only sex chromosomes came from Mary. By all accounts, it should have been impossible for him not to have been a girl.

It is written that Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit (God) and not Mary. Even though He was birthed by Mary, He was not conceived by Mary. The human race is pro created from the created Adam and Eve and not created as Adam was created. Jesus cannot be compared to any procreation.

edit on 22-7-2015 by Seede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
a reply to: Cuervo

It is written that Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit (God) and not Mary. Even though He was birthed by Mary, He was not conceived by Mary. The human race is pro created from the created Adam and Eve and not created as Adam was created. Jesus cannot be compared to any procreation.

Are you claiming that God/the Holy Spirit didn't fertilize one of Mary's eggs?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join