It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poison gas residue and your consumables

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Had no idea where to put this.

Degesch America.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Got love that nazi connection. Producing and selling Zyklon B. Tsk tsk. Guess once you make and distribute posion gas you just stick with it.

The main office is in Germany. The American headquarters being in West Virginia. Which governs the offices in New Orleans, Houston, Portland, and their Pestcon divison in NC. West Virginia also has the only plant in the Unite States that makes Aluminum Phosphide.

Aluminum Phosphide and your grain.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Just a little run down on AP first. Its posionous as all hell. It comes in 1g pellets with a canister containing 2500. As well as 5g tablets with a canister containing 500. These come in boxes of 12. Pellets have a fast break down time and are for shorter voyages where tablets can take up to 20-30 days to completely beccome gas.

The dosage break down for infested vs unifested are 33g per 1,000 cubic meters and 45 grams for infested. Average ship turns out to be 15-18 boxes. Add a box or two for 45 grams. A circulation system is installed in ship holds and fans added in man holds to push the gas around. So you're getting a lot of gas. Same process is used in warehouses and silos storing grain as well.

There are four products consumed by humans that we fumigate. Rice, corn, wheat, and DDG(dried distillers grain). Now to my point. AP is dangerous in many ways. It leaves a nasty white residue which is not removed. There is a dust retain method, but is costly so customers usually don't end up going that route. So in your finished product approved for human consumption is the residue of AP. There has been no determination if this causes health issues.

Not to mention it is extremely flammable when mixed with water. It is a danger to ship and non ship personel in the area during and after fumigation. Here is a court case between Cargill and Degesch America when the ship hold covers were blown off the Maria V when AP was put in to damp cargo. casetext.com...

Methyl Bromide and your brew.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Methyl Bromide is being phased out due to affecting the ozone, but it is still widely used. Very posionous gas, which comes in cylinders of various sizes. SCBA is required to apply this gas.
Degesch America once a year fumigates the Budweiser plant in the Houston area. Budweiser employees have to leave and can not return for 24 hrs. From the vats to the exhaust to the rooms where work is done is fumigated. The entire building is sealed. Bug traps are placed in rooms and the copper piping for the vats as well as other processing pipes to ensure a good kill. As most everything else this brings me to my point again. Is the residue safe? Thats up for the indvidual to decided I guess.

Degesch America is no the only company out there doing this.There are many out there.

Sorry for typos and bad paragraph structure.
edit on 18-7-2015 by Passive because: apparently i cant spell poison >_ extra DIV

new topics

join