It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERES. Contact May Have Been Made.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580
I noticed in that ani-gif that there is two spots that are off white and much dimmer that you can see go dimmer well before the terminator. They are well ahead of the bright spots. That would be expected from a reflection of the sun's rays. However, the bright spots do not behave the same. They clearly remain constant even up to and into the terminator. A pic from the dark side would end the question of reflection.

edit on 14/7/15 by spirit_horse because: typos

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Weird patch of salt...

Link

"The general consensus on the team right now is that water is definitely a factor on Ceres, but that the spots themselves are more likely to be just highly reflective salt, rather than water," Russell told The Post.

I must say a city sized space station would be really exciting!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man
Those "tracks" look interesting also near them...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This Ceres spot reminds me of a novel by Stephen Baxter : Manifold: Time

spoiler alert, the book has squid characters who's intelligence is heightened for a space mission to Earth's second moon...or something to that effect.

Further spoiling the book, the squids reach intelligence independant of the mission and start mining the asteroid belt.

If it had happened according to the novel, it is no surprise we should see signs of life in the further reaches of the solar system, because we put it there, through proxy super intelligent squids.

But seriously, Ceres bears further investigation

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
Weird patch of salt...

Link

"The general consensus on the team right now is that water is definitely a factor on Ceres, but that the spots themselves are more likely to be just highly reflective salt, rather than water," Russell told The Post.

I must say a city sized space station would be really exciting!

Ok, now that does look pretty darn convincing.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Your post is full of absolutes. You discredit yourself with your own words. 0% chances are words only our Creator can use.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Contact May Have Been Made

So the aliens sent a message to NASA via the probe's communication link but NASA is not sure?

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Lemme see if this signal works...

Paging Phage. Come in Phage. Over.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Can any explain what could make the track like marks that seem to go over various heights of terrain?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Silent answers welcome

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Accepted...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Are there any photos of the lights on Ceres that are clear of the terminator and the not on the day side?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The craters look like mountains to me.

The lights, well, Ceres seems occupied.

By the way, how would it be a good port for us? That real estate already has owners.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
Are there any photos of the lights on Ceres that are clear of the terminator and the not on the day side?

This. Why are city lights "on" during the day and "off" at night? Should it not be the opposite?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Because aliens like it that way. They must photosynthesize and live in constant light.

edit on 3America/Chicago14Wed, 15 Jul 2015 00:14:32 -0500151200000015 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I guess I understand the skepticism if you're the kind of person not to trust authority--in general. And a laymen--or somebody who isn't knowledge on the subject--can easily see things which aren't there. I myself am familiar with this. When I first saw the pictures of pluto, those black spots looked tantalizingly like lakes to me. Of course, fast forward and I/we know better. But damn they sure looked like it. Same thing here. Damn, it sure looks mysterious don't it? Bright place inside a crater. Stands out. Our imagination runs with it. But thankfully there're cooler heads out there who know how to do things. If it weren't for people like that, we wouldn't be in space at all. They do the hard work. For us it's just entertainment.

Ilusion is all around is. The mind falls prey to it all the time. We don't notice it much of the time because there's no scientific scrutiny. It's your word against his/her. What's popular and speaks loudest wins.

But this poster is right in one respect: If the bright light isn't ET it doesn't mean there's no life elsewhere. If you lift up 99 stones and there's nothing beneath and the 100th stone has something special underneath, you'll learn to be patient. And that's what we should do. Maybe it's goign to take some time, you know? And even moreso, maybe we'll find our first sample of ET life in space itself, maybe even in the solar wind or something bizarre, the last place we'd think to look. We should be reasonable, but ready for surprises. Science is a long and arduous thing. Sit relax and learn.
edit on 15-7-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Please let's have some disclosure soon. We need to mature as a species and I hope that we can all get over our differences and understand how much the same we are when compared to everything else….

We really need something to help join us together right about now.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Because aliens like it that way. They must photosynthesize and live in constant light.

Then they would have the lights on at night so they get constant light. Why do the "city lights" go off as soon as the sunlight stops hitting the area?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite
Well said sir!

I am striving to be of the mindset that you and many others portray in response to opposing comments. I guess I still may have some maturing to do but mostlyI am too damn lazy to present a well thought out point by point description of the 5 Ws, only to be responded to with:

"Whatever".

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Thank you for the thread! S&F hope we get more contributors that are not caught in the politically correct side of the world lately.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join