It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antimatter/matter power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well I have been doing some reading on Antimatter/Matter reactors, mainly spurred on by Bob Lazars 'Sport Model', which may be found here: www.gravitywarpdrive.com...

I have read that it takes a fuel source, derived from ramming protons into the Element 115 (ununpentium), which releases off a charged particle that only destructs when comes in contact with other protons, destroying subatomic particles and changing them to energy (a lot by what Bob Lazar states, some 1,862 Million electron Volts(MeV), compared to the conventional Uranium-235 fission (splitting) process, which gives off only around 200-250 MeV....) . Yet all I have been able to find about development of this Element is that its not stable when made on earth, I have read in space or near-vacuum conditions it can be produced stable - not sure of the website, hoping someone out there has a link- Also this atom has its own properties which relate to making its own seconday gravity field of some sort (cause of optical 'invisibility' in UFO craft?).... much like some Bisthmus device some dude in the 70's, if i recall correctly, got a patent on:
www.rexresearch.com...

Anyones thoughts on this matter?

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Sorry to brake it to you but Bob Lazar is a Fake/Disinfo Agent/Delusional Sckitsophrenic(sp?)

First off element 115 is nothing like Lazar described. Here is the link
en.wikipedia.org...

Also do a search around ATS as there are numous threads debunking Lazars claims.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Might you or anyone have any other sort of 'decred' of Bob Lazars claims?

I refuse to be swayed by just one sort of decred, as I have read plenty of sites giving credit to his claims, and many of them are quite consistant, not saying you are wrong, and I have yet to search ATS, just a curious person.... you understand, i hope?

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yeah I understand. I used to buy in Lazar myself when I was younger, but you might wanna check out the link I posted on element 115. It is totally unlike anything Lazar described. And when confronted with this he changed his story I believe.

Here is one link

www.atsnn.com...

it is by Amantine and I can assure you he knows his particle physics unlike Lazar. Even Dr. Stanton Friedman thinks Lazar is a nut and posted an excellent article debunking his claims.

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

Dr Friedman is by far the most credible UFOlogist in the field today, and I may disagree with him occasionally he still has a critical mind.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Lazar is a fraud, a fake, alier.
Apart from that, matter anti-matter powerplants and engines are researched by diferent organisations and we are able to create some forms of A-M and hold it, but it os such a small amount and takes so much money to create that it is currently not a viable energy source.
And welcome to ATS.

[edit on 12/27/2004 by iori_komei]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Thanks, the boards seem full of great ideas.

My mind is still young, and I am just amazed by a lot of of this, what a lot of people would call 'crazy' new technology, and I am wanting to learn as much as I can about it.

Oh about Lazar, and his 'fake' statements. Anyone for a reason as to why he would claim such things, etc?

Another thing, I'm not really buying into any stories, its just all I have to work with right now, I believe both of your info just as much as I do his, I just havent got around to reading your info to prove his statements wrong, UFO show on History Channel just got over.

[edit on 27-12-2004 by shanerz]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm leaning towards either of these five scenarios.

1. $$$

2. Mental Illness -- It has not been unheard of.

3. Mean Spirited Hoax

4. Disinfo agent

5. All of the above

Humans can be very tricky creatures and I'm not saying that Anti-Matter is a hoax, just that Lazar is. I believe that Anti-Matter someday will be very usefull for intersteller travel but that day is not now. Aliens may be coming here en-masse but I have not seen any convincing evindance as of yet. "Extrodinary Claims require extrodinary Evidance" thats one of my mottos. If there is a cover-up Stanton Friedman will keep trying to get to the truth or die trying.

BTW My pesonal belief on Aliens is that they DO exist(we are proof of that unless you believe that god made the whole universe when he didn't even intend to use it) but they are not coming here. Believe what you want, if you really dig into the heart of the subject you will realize that 99.99 % of the claims in this field are pure BS. Although 0.01% that are truely unexplainable can be anything so use your imagination all you like. We will eventually figure it out but until that day no idea is a stupid one.

PS. Welcome to ATS. Keep learning and asking question. Be skeptical of EVERY claim you come across here even my claims

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the greetings, and I do understand Lazars reasons for claim, as I figured it would be something along that line as well.

Oh and I ALSO believe in aliens, though I have a different take on them. First, no I dont believe in the religious theory, I dont believe in a spiritual force that knows all, Im strictly physical i guess
. But I also believe that Extraterrestrial Beings have been among humans for, at least the last century, if not since a long, long time ago, like possibly BC. I got the websites with claims on another computer of mine. I've seen a lot of Ancient artwork, with actual perposed 'alien disks' of todays sightings, I find it crazy for all those Ancient artists, a lot of whom make their work based on their optical memories (they paint what they see), and not to mention the actual intelligence of humans at that time, to incorporate those 'disks' into their artwork. It may be just shapes they like to add, but I really dont beleive something like that. Ill post later some sites of artwork.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
About Lazar again,
I was reading one of the sources from the atsnn.com website (stated in an earlier post)- www.mufor.org... - and If I'm not mistaken, this source actually gives credit to Lazars claims, saying that the Island of Stable Elements (as possibly proven by the half-life of 109 being longer than that of 108) have a gravity field (A), which actually extend the nucleus of the atom, and is wave-like (capable of amplification).
Maybe I read wrong, but thats what it looks like to me. Just being skeptical

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I have never read anything on Lazars site but from what I hear of him it isn't good. I reas a whole post her once that utterly disporved him in all ways possible on one of his experiments or what ever it is he does. THe evidence supplied was from trustable sources and was accurate.

BUT I need to ask. The first thing you learn when investigating Anti-Matter is that all of its particels are oppisite. In a normal atom the Electrns have a negative charge and in Protons its Positive. In Anti-matter its the oppisite. Anti matter has positive electronons and negative protons.

You then go on to learn that when anti-matter and matter come in contact there is total conversion to energy. How is it that LAzar in his normal matter state came to use and Control this Anti-matter. The only way is to use a vacume with intense elecromagnetic felds.

As for the element thing Element 115 is still a theoretical element. We can predict the propertys it will have due to its perodic sucession but we have no idea if it is even real. The attempts to create this element in a lab have all failed. SO far the heaviest naturally occuring element to be found is Californium (98) which was not discoverd in Califorina but was recently detected in the heart of the Crab nebula. IT was dected by its wavelength light signature. As far as we know element 115 is entirely unstable.

[edit on 27-12-2004 by Mizar]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by shanerz
About Lazar again,
I was reading one of the sources from the atsnn.com website (stated in an earlier post)- www.mufor.org... - and If I'm not mistaken, this source actually gives credit to Lazars claims, saying that the Island of Stable Elements (as possibly proven by the half-life of 109 being longer than that of 108) have a gravity field (A), which actually extend the nucleus of the atom, and is wave-like (capable of amplification).
Maybe I read wrong, but thats what it looks like to me. Just being skeptical

You should read Amantines whole post. There are not two types of gravity there is just the one. You see as for particle physics even undiscovered particles can be predicted through mathematical means and from everything I have heard element 115(which Lazar claim you could hold in your hand and yet it was made of Anti-Matter or some such?
doesn't make sense. if Element 115 was made of anti-matter you could't hold it as it well explodes when it comes into contact with normal matter) has a half life of a millionth of a second or somthing like that, I'm sure its in the article Amatine wrote. The island of stability you talk about is far above the 115 mark. Not sure where it is exactly but we have not reached it yet in atom-smashers.

Here are a couple mroe links

www.cerncourier.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.webelements.com...

And here are the decay rates of 115 which are in the milliseconds.

287115Uup 283113Uut + 42He (46.6 milliseconds)

288115Uup 284113Uut + 42He (80.3 milliseconds)

288115Uup 284113Uut + 42He (18.6 milliseconds)

288115Uup 284113Uut + 42He (280 milliseconds)

[edit on 27-12-2004 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the infos, more than likely Lazars claims seem a big bogus, now that I actually read a little more into the subject. It would be pretty cool if it were real though, heh.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by shanerz
Thanks for the infos, more than likely Lazars claims seem a big bogus, now that I actually read a little more into the subject. It would be pretty cool if it were real though, heh.

Yeah thats what I though as well. I felt really let down when I learnt he was a sham, but that was like 10 years ago lol. Lazar has certainly been around the block a couple million times by now on ATS heh, glad to have another budding skeptic Denying Ignorance.
Remember just because Lazar is bogus, doesn't mean that somday that the mothership wont land on the whitehouse lawn
Thats Proof for ya!
But serously my opinion on the matter is this. If Aliens are aware of our presence then most likely they would be doing one of three things.

1. Staying away from the violent and primitive humons

2. Watching Us from afar with no chance that we might discover thier presence as they could potentially be millions of years more technologically advanced then us. They would seem like gods if they ever showed us what they were capable of.....hmmm.....

3. Planning the Invasion
I doubt it unless our type of planet is especially rare which I don't think it is, I believe that Earth-like planets may be uncommon but not rare. Just think of the Universe its fricken HUGE as is our galaxy there HAS to be intelligent life wonding the same thing at least thats what I think. Any sufficiently advanced race will have abandoned warfare long ago as the more technologically advanced the race become to more dangerous and threatening it is. We think Nukes are bad, but what would our Civ do if we had the power to create Black Holes or collapse stars or....you get the picture, Im really really really tired and I hope this makes sense I hope you stick around ATS for a long time now, its ever growing and always changing. You'll enjoy the ride.

PS If you havn't done so already you might want to Introduce yourself in the Introductions Forum and you'll get some helpfull startup tips to get over the ATS learning curv. Happy Posting

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Thanks, Ill have to look into the Introduction stuff. Pretty amazing the stuff that has been going on, and your points are good.. theyd appear like gods...hmm, good thought, Im sure i share similar beliefs. Your third one tho...good/bad, overall good but bad, as some would say, to think about , heh. But whatever happens is going to happen, so why not live it up until it does happen? And ya i can fathom us having nukes, nukes progressed maybe more than a million years later...

Nice to see so many viewpoints on 'stuff'.

top topics

join