It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breitbart - Protest UNESCO’s Presence in Texas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Seems UNESCO has made the Alamo a world heritage site......so of course now Breitbart is calling for people to Rally for the alamo - keep UNESCO out of Texas!

to be fair the chief protestor does understand that it's not that UNESCO will take over or run the site or anything like that - he's a bit persisted that the designation will affect activities around it:

“There is no problem at the Alamo that requires the UN’s assistance,” Watts wrote on the Rally for the Alamo page. He understands that the UNESCO distinction does not mean the UN takes over the Alamo or its operations.

“It does mean the UN will have influence in the way we manage and take care of the Alamo.”

Watts points to a 4,519 acre site “buffer zone” imposed around Alamo because of the designation.

In 2013, the San Antonio Express-News reported on that very influence when the US National Park director explained to city leaders that a proposed 26-story hotel and time-share building on top of the Joske Building at the Alamo Plaza could jeopardize the pending designation. Former San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, now HUD czar, wanted that UN designation badly. He said, “No one on the council is going to do anything that jeopardizes the World Heritage site designation.”

They canned the lucrative hotel project.

But still.......

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

lmao...

Fearbait... *click* ohmergerd muh 'Murica!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Good,

I would prefer we boot them out of NYC as well.

Let them have their fantasy New World Order in Europe without our donations.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
So the Alamo where Santana Anna slaughtered it's defenders is somehow a 'world heritage' site.

Definitely reaffirms by belief in the Useless Narcissist organization.

link   
He's kinda got a point. An arbitrary designation by that organization cost some Americans jobs and stopped an investment in the city, all so the mayor could say he's got a a world heritage site in town.

link   
UNESCO needs to stay the hell out of the United States. I despise the UN and the NWO it represents. Someone needs to stand up to these evil bastards.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
UNESCO needs to stay the hell out of the United States. I despise the UN and the NWO it represents. Someone needs to stand up to these evil bastards.

A 4,500 acre "buffer zone" covers some very, very valuable real estate in San Antonio. I wonder if the mayor had some alternative reasons for begging for the designation. Did the hotel not pay him enough into his "re-election campaign?"

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
So the Alamo where Santana Anna slaughtered it's defenders is somehow a 'world heritage' site.

In February 1835 the Alamo is where some of my fellow Tennesseans and others, 189 in total, drew a line in the sand and said . "No more, we stand here, we fight here. We hold for General Houston here, if need be we die here." A handful of real men held an army of about five thousands for thirteen days, and they died for it. That's why the Alamo is important . When the call to arms was sounded, Davy Crockett, a fellow Tennessean said "You All Can Go to Hell I'm Going to Texas!"
That's the kind of men it takes to build a dream. Don't ever forget their sacrifice.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It should be a World Heritage site.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: neo96

In February 1835 the Alamo is where some of my fellow Tennesseans and others, 189 in total, drew a line in the sand and said . "No more, we stand here, we fight here. We hold for General Houston here, if need be we die here." A handful of real men held an army of about five thousands for thirteen days, and they died for it. That's why the Alamo is important . When the call to arms was sounded, Davy Crockett, a fellow Tennessean said "You All Can Go to Hell I'm Going to Texas!"
That's the kind of men it takes to build a dream. Don't ever forget their sacrifice.

I wish we had a Davy Crockett today.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

A 4,500 acre "buffer zone" covers some very, very valuable real estate in San Antonio. I wonder if the mayor had some alternative reasons for begging for the designation. Did the hotel not pay him enough into his "re-election campaign?"

Well for one it is huge boost when advertising for tourism and you can get grants from UNESCO for restorations and such.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Funny how the warmongers all hate on the UN unless they need a security council resolution to bomb the s*** out of some country or other. In the name of humanity of course.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Well for one it is huge boost when advertising for tourism and you can get grants from UNESCO for restorations and such.

Right, because Anericans didn't know about the Alamo until the UN recognized it.

Posdible paltry grants from the UN vs tax revenue and tourist boost from the hotel/resort.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Funny how the warmongers all hate on the UN unless they need a security council resolution to bomb the s*** out of some country or other. In the name of humanity of course.

Naw, we just do that to try to shut the commies up--it don't work because as much as they laud the UN and say we should follow it, they don't care in actuality.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

It should be a World Heritage site.

No !!

United States of America

Mesa Verde National Park
Yellowstone National Park
Everglades National Park
Grand Canyon National Park
Independence Hall
Kluane / Wrangell-St. Elias / Glacier Bay / Tatshenshini-Alsek # * 33
Redwood National and State Parks
Mammoth Cave National Park
Olympic National Park
Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
La Fortaleza and San Juan National Historic Site in Puerto Rico
Statue of Liberty
Yosemite National Park #
Chaco Culture
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park #
Monticello and the University of Virginia in Charlottesville
Taos Pueblo
Carlsbad Caverns National Park
Waterton Glacier International Peace Park *
Papahānaumokuākea
Monumental Earthworks of Poverty Point
San Antonio Missions

World Heritage List

Agenda21 !!!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

ROFL

2nd

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Naw, we just do that to try to shut the commies up--it don't work because as much as they laud the UN and say we should follow it, they don't care in actuality.

Who, the 'Commies'? The 'commies' (both China and Russia) vetoed UN resolutions introduced by the US to allow the US to Libya- ize Syria on three different occasions.

So I guess they care in actuality…

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
As a proud Texan, I vote we put Phil Collins in charge. Believe it or not he's done a lot for the Alamo

www.rollingstone.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

1 square mile is 640 acres. 4,500 acres is ridiculous! I do not like the UN either and they should be run out for violating nations sovereignty with things their policies demand like Agenda 21 and the Small Arms Treaty. Complete BS!

edit on 13/7/15 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Who, the 'Commies'? The 'commies' (both China and Russia) vetoed UN resolutions introduced by the US to allow the US to Libya- ize Syria on three different occasions.

So I guess they care in actuality…

Naw, the commie pinkos right here in the US of A.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join