It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Was Gay, "Or At The Very Least" Queer, Professor Says.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Only woofters turn the other cheek. He might be on to something

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Oh Jebus.

I love when somebody tries to tell me they know what a person from thousands of years ago thought, wanted or what kind of actions they may or may not have taken.

Especially people's whose only historical recording was created decades after they died.

Sure. You bet.

Could he have been?

Sure.

Could he not have been?

Sure.

Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things?

Nope.

ETA: Besides all of that, the inherent bias in this research is very apparent. You'll find anything you want in scripture if you already know what outcome you wish to have.

~Tenth

That's one thing about the Bible that most folks don't know. If you're saved, you receive explanations about scripture from God that unsaved folks don't get. That's why the Bible sounds so crazy to non-believers. They aren't meant to understand the scriptures like a saved person would. So, yes, you can take anything you can imagine from a Bible verse if you aren't privy to the real meaning of God's word.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Okeyd57
That's one thing about the Bible that most folks don't know. If you're saved, you receive explanations about scripture from God that unsaved folks don't get. That's why the Bible sounds so crazy to non-believers. They aren't meant to understand the scriptures like a saved person would. So, yes, you can take anything you can imagine from a Bible verse if you aren't privy to the real meaning of God's word.

Kinda like advance ticket sales if you join the fan club? Sounds rectally sourced, if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Okeyd57

Well isn't that oh so convenient?

If i were saved by the god that is allowing my churchgoing mother to waste slowly from Crohns disease (I dare you to give me a reason she has not been saved by your loving and merciful lord), would i suddenly grasp how very sensible it is to not eat shellfish?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: TzarChasm

Then maybe this thread should be removed, because that IS what was said in the OP.

i will mention it to the proper authorities. not really interested in getting the thread removed, just interested in having some class on the forums. its possible to discuss such things tastefully and i thought that was a virtue here, regardless of whatever site the article originates from.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Goodness gracious me.... this made me chuckle a bit, thank you.

Even if I believed 'The' Jesus (son of God) existed, I still wouldn't care if he was gay. But, I truly believe Joseph was... you know, with his Technicolour coat or something...lol

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Okeyd57

That's one thing about the Bible that most folks don't know. If you're saved, you receive explanations about scripture from God that unsaved folks don't get.

Haha! Hey, I got a bridge to sell you if you are interested...

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

oh, I thought I was supposed to take the T&Cs seriously. particularly the 15a and 15b portions. feel free to look them up. better yet, feel free to ask a mod about it. I wasn't going to push it, but now you have me genuinely curious how that conversation would go...

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Oh Good Grief!

It won't stop. This drive to remake the world in the gay image is starting to get old.

You're gay. Deal with it and move on. Live your life and do your own great things, and then the world will know about it and you can make sure they know it was because you were gay.

There are plenty of gay people you can look up to already. And if you must believe Jesus was what you must believe Him to be ... whatever. The blacks have been doing it in their own churches for quite some time.
edit on 13-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
....and the apostles were all cross dressers and they all used to march from town to town in a conga line da da da cha.....no doubt this Professor is a PHD(Piled High and Deep)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, but if that significant person isn't the Messiah of mankind, this guy couldn't justify his own gayness in his own mind...

Maybe.

When I say "justify his gayness", I do solely mean "in his own mind"...

Not to society, he has nothing to justify as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe a self hating gay, I've heard of them.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Eh if others can grab random passages and use it to promote hate, while completely ignoring what Jesus himself apparently said to do, then this guy can grab random passages and use them to say Jesus is gay.

Really it's the same damn thing.

People grabbing random crap from this supposedly infallible perfect book and using it to promote their individual ideal for what the religion should be all while ignoring all aspects that contradict them, or they personally disagree with or don't wish to deal with.

Half the time they can quote random passages without knowing anything Jesus himself supposedly taught, hanging on random bits and pieces of the old testament. Christians that follow random crap from the bible's old testament and ignore everything he said except, supposedly, to to believe in him or go to hell.

So really in my opinion, this guy is no different than the passage worshipers.

Hey I made a new term. Passage Worshipers. Which means, people who pick and choose random passages from the bible that promote something they agree with, while ignoring all aspects that contradict them.

This guy is no different from the people obsessed with Saddam and Gomorrah or a few specific passages of Leviticus as if they represent the whole of the bible. Oh and when it comes to Leviticus, let's all remember only the ones we agree with matter, the rest can be ignored at leisure.

Heh, Passage Worshipers , awesome.
edit on 7/13/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

link   

The handjob notion didn't come out of nowhere (pun intended)...

It came from the Professor who claimed that John had a hand in Jesus' underwear...
It's actually what he says to validate his hypothesis, I thought it pertinent to share his scientific explanation for his fringe theory.

link   
Pics, or it never happened!!

Jesus is love!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Oh Good Grief!

It won't stop. This drive to remake the world in the gay image is starting to get old.

You're gay. Deal with it and move on. Live your life and do your own great things, and then the world will know about it and you can make sure they know it was because you were gay.

There are plenty of gay people you can look up to already.

why is it about looking up to gay people? maybe its about de-idolizing a man who has been misquoted and misused too many times by taking off the rose filters and recognizing his humanity.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

And more interesting is that in North America we have the right to state our opinion and fear no retaliation for what we post! Thank GOD, gay or not..WHich imo...He was not....Thank God for our Military troops who are willing to lay their life down fo you and me.....John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends."

AMEN!

this professor sounds ridiculous....The man is obviously hurting and trying to justify whatever he is doing that he himself is struggling with....Sounds like an inner battle going on inside him...so he sought out a way to turn the tide in his favor....
There is no other reason for him to say these things....

I would be more willingly to look at what this theologian is saying if he were straight.....It just seems to me a very biaased argument.....

pax

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I dont know what to say about the topic its just ridiculous.

I thought it would be right up ATS' alley (pun intended)...

But this made laugh out loud and started a coughing fit.. so star and flag.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: RobinB022
Pics, or it never happened!!

Jesus is love!

Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

And Shrek is not Hispanic.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I have to, need to state.

I do not find it insulting, in any way, that any great man of history was homosexual. That includes Jesus, whether you believe he was a man or a God, son of God -- whatever.

It is perfectly OK for Jesus to be homosexual -- or not.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

The handjob notion didn't come out of nowhere (pun intended)...

It came from the Professor who claimed that John had a hand in Jesus' underwear...
It's actually what he says to validate his hypothesis, I thought it pertinent to share his scientific explanation for his fringe theory.

there are more delicate ways to describe that scenario. i half think its just an excuse to let off some perverse steam without (technically) breaking t&cs. enjoy it while you can.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join