It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Warn Sun Will "Go to Sleep" in 2030, Could Cause Temperatures to Plummet

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Is a Mini Ice Age on the Way? Scientists Warn Sun Will "Go to Sleep" in 2030, Could Cause Temperatures to Plummet

Pretty obvious. And it could cause something else:

Mr. Casey adds, "The very strong correlation between these solar minimums and the incidence of catastrophic earthquakes worldwide is an impressive display of how interconnected we all are to our natural world and the cycles of the Sun. It would be foolhardy to ignore in particular, the history of major earthquakes in the NMSZ and the fact that at the bottom of every solar hibernation for the past 600 years, that area has seen devastating earthquakes ranging from M6.8 to M8.0.

www.spaceandscience.net
ATS-thread

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The weather is changing, simple as that. Back in my day (I'm not that old)
Your summer holidays lasted 2 months and you actually had sun for the whole time. Now you just don't know what the weather's going to be from day to day.

2030 is a long way away, anything can happen climate wise. It's amazing to think they can predict something so far away. Hopefully this story will run for a bit and they can tell us more.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: Skid Mark

I'm quite sure that these cycles are all mother nature's Way of keeping all populations of the earth in check .

Mother earth controls the sun now?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexJowls
The oil-swilling climate change deniers must be agog with such news. It will give them an excuse to keep driving their 1-mile-per-gallon F750's 500m down the road to pick up triple patty, sextuple cheese, greaseball burgers and super duper sized soft drinks, and then to return home to watch infomercials about how to lose weight without exercise or healthy eating!

YAY FOR HELL FREEZING OVER!!

I can tell you're not very excited that the pause will be followed by cooling.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Here's a doc. on the last mini (little) ice age.

Pretty interesting, pehaps it reads as a playbook for whats to come.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

If their models are correct, then they have a sound point. Solar activity is THE leading factor in global temperatures.

After the temps the past few days, I could go for a mini "ice age"!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Solar activity is THE leading factor in global temperatures.

It is?
I thought the combination of insolation and radiative forcing were.

edit on 7/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Without the sun, we would be an iceball, so surely it is fairly obvious the sun has the most influence on temperature to those planets closest to it?

edit to add the following:

Insolation
Insolation is the total amount of solar radiation energy received on a given surface area during a given time.

Radiative forcing
In climate science, radiative forcing or climate forcing is defined as the difference of insolation absorbed by the Earth and energy radiated back to space.

So both of those are based on the suns activity as without insolation there can be no radiative forcing.
edit on 15-7-2015 by johnb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

If their models are correct, then they have a sound point. Solar activity is THE leading factor in global temperatures.

After the temps the past few days, I could go for a mini "ice age"!

The sun affects the environment, sure. But the atmosphere itself is a MUCH bigger contributor to global temparture. Venus isn't super hot and uninhabitable because it's closer to the sun. It's because the atmosphere is super thick. Likewise Mars has a very thin atmosphere that can't keep the heat in so it stays cold. Give either planet the atmosphere from earth, and they would have moderate temperatures just like earth. Switch Venus and Mars, then suddenly Mars is the hot one and Venus becomes cold like Mars. If was the case, I'd bet the farm that all the creationists/cc deniers would be screaming that it's "proof" of intelligent design and still ignore and deny the science behind global temperature.
edit on 15-7-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I'd say there is a good chance of full "ice-age" or glacial state due.. if not already overdue.

It's been going on for a very long time..

In June of 1999 the latest ice core data from the Vostok site in Antarctica were published by Petit et al in the British journal Nature. These new data extended the historical record of temperature variations and atmospheric concentrations of CO2, methane and other greenhouse trace gases (GTG) back to 420,000 years before present (BP). The ice cores were drilled to over 3,600 meters. This is just over 2.2 miles deep. These new data double the length of the historical record.

Full Report

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Solar activity is THE leading factor in global temperatures.

It is?
I thought the combination of insolation and radiative forcing were.

Solar insolation is of course dominant, radiative forcing from greenhouse gases is 5-6% of total solar forcing.

Solar 'activity' typically means sunspot and internal physical fluctuations, and those are much smaller still fluctuations around the average output of the Sun.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox
Thank you for sharing that documentary. It truly gives one pause for thought. Honestly, I thought at first, 1 1/2 hours would be too much, but amazingly they did a good job in streaming it along in a timely fashion of various theories, allowing the viewer to contemplate the facts as given.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
So no global warming after 2030 ? Just when I finished paying in advance the eco tax, green tax, recycling tax, car eco tax, green lawn eco tax, shopping eco tax......... For the next 50 years cause they have me a 1.5% discount... Damn it.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
And by 2030 when it doesn't happen nobody will ever remember this so called "prediction" was ever made. Put it up there with the ozone and killer asteroids. More doomsday B/S to keep us worried.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hopefully the research will lead to a method of assisting those with the ability to echolocate. I could only hope that future progress of this technology in the form of enhancement transceivers via cranial implant may even be able to help those with limited abilities.I sometimes take sight for granted and not appreciate how special it is... I got to know about this from tyler burns wilan. Hope this was of help as this was really helpful for me so i think the same can happen for you.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Regardless of a climate changing into being warmer or cooler there is only one solution for the race of Man to survive.

Secure every possible source of energy to heat and/or cool where life will be. Build nuke plants, including Thoriums. Perfect coal plants. Develop a tremendous transmission line infrastructure. Develop large-scale energy transportation and delivery systems.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Plants have a minimum temperature for seeds to germinate. No plants means no animals, including humans that eat both.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I see they are already taking preparatory measures.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_

Is a Mini Ice Age on the Way? Scientists Warn Sun Will "Go to Sleep" in 2030, Could Cause Temperatures to Plummet

(Montage of images of solar activity between August 1991 and September 2001 taken by the Yohkoh Soft X-ray Telescope)

A new study claims to have cracked predicting solar cycles - and says that between 2030 and 2040 solar cycles will cancel each other out.

This, they say, will lead to a phenomenon known as the 'Maunder minimum' - which has previously been known as a mini ice age when it hit between 1646 and 1715, even causing London's River Thames to freeze over.

The new model of the Sun's solar cycle is producing unprecedentedly accurate predictions of irregularities within the Sun's 11-year heartbeat.

Predictions from the model suggest that solar activity will fall by 60 percent during the 2030s to conditions last seen during the 'mini ice age' that began in 1645, according to the results presented by Prof Valentina Zharkova at the National Astronomy Meeting in Llandudno.
Sources:
www.dailymail.co.uk...
astronomynow.com...
www.ras.org.uk...
www.sciencedaily.com...

It's going to get a might bit chilly around these parts here in another 15 years. Anyone think "global warming" will prevent the next "Maunder minimum"?

Seems that as of right now, the sun is in a state of high activity, which will cause some high temperatures until this current sun cycle ends around 2020.

I guess we'll soon see how truly accurate (97% accuracy they say) these new models actually are.

Good post here, i actually believe this is coming, and will be most likely be seen in our life time.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join