It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philly Cops Didn’t Know they were On Camera as a Dozen of them Tore Into One Unarmed Man

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Yep and we've already pointed out how "resisting arrest" is nothing more than a fallacy in situations such as this. If you are supporting these officers actions under the pretense of "resisting arrest" then you are, in effect, supporting their thug behaviour.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: symphonyofblase

What a load of ignorant, biased crap.

The guy was doing something illegal, ergo he has the obligation under the law to submit to officers' commands during the detention/arrest.

If he doesn't, he is resisting.

It's not rocket science.

Like I've said before, if you think that stating this fact is tantamount to "supporting their thug behavior," then you have completely ignored my point completely and hyper-focused on a small portion of my comments and misinterpreted it completely.

We're done here, as I feel like I'm trying to explain the concept of space-time to a third grader who just can't grasp the concept.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

You're only done because you are trying to fight a battle you were never going to win in the first place. The sheer idiocy of trying to pass off police brutality as acceptable because you think the fact that they were making the subject "resist arrest" somehow makes it okay for these police to beat the sh*t out of the guy is such a laughably stupid concept. How you thought you were ever going to convince anyone on this forum that this is acceptable police behaviour is beyond me. Even the third grader you mention would be able to see something wrong with this. Maybe you should choose a debate you can actually win next time?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: symphonyofblase

You're only done because you are trying to fight a battle you were never going to win in the first place. The sheer idiocy of trying to pass off police brutality as acceptable because you think the fact that they were making the subject "resist arrest" somehow makes it okay for these police to beat the sh*t out of the guy is such a laughably stupid concept. How you thought you were ever going to convince anyone on this forum that this is acceptable police behaviour is beyond me. Even the third grader you mention would be able to see something wrong with this. Maybe you should choose a debate you can actually win next time?

You're cute in your little responses, here.

No, the reason I'm done (I only responded to clarify this) is because you can't accept the fact that I have not condoned the officers' behavior once in this thread, yet you continue to outright state that I do and have, even when I tell you that I don't/haven't and you have access to go back and read what I have written.

Your whole entire argument has been in response to the comment that I made that pointed out that he was technically resisting arrest--that's all it said, and I never condoned the overuse of force--not once, not ever, not at all. Yet, here you are, still babbling on about your little BS theory that I think what this gang of LEOs did was okay and that I'll never convince anyone of that--even though I've never claimed that and I don't agree with it.

Can you pull your head out just for a second, take a deep breath, and realize that you're arguing against an argument that hasn't even been made?

THAT is why I'm done. Give your little false accusations a rest, symphony.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Oh no? Pretty short memory you have. You must have been having a pretty good time when you made your post insinuating that a person resisting arrest and possessing drugs deserves a 12 man beatdown, if the cops should choose to do so. You sure you weren't on crack yourself?

But by all means, keep hiding behind that excuse of "resisting" . You just keep comin' back for more, just can't help yourself.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join