It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Creationism Should be Taught in Science Class

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Why not? Simply because its an alternate belief based on God
Why? Simply because so many people believe in it. What should the opponents do, pretend it doesnt exist, thats stupid. Some consider there is an amount of science associated with creation, should opponents deny it
I am a creation supporting Christian and I am for evolution being taught in science classes in religious schools even though I dont accept it as a science.

Forewarned about stupidity is forearmed.

Some would say Psychology isnt a science so should it be pulled from every curriculum
Some would say that the earth is flat, should we deny that some believe it, not teach what others believe and why, show all the evidence for both sides and allow the students to make a decision.

Should religious pull evolution from all their education facilities.

NO Its STUPID

The reality is education facilities should teach everyone what is out there and reveal the evidence and allow people to make up their own mind.
Imagine how evil a school would be if it only taught creation, how evil must an evolution only school be.

Schools are to provide knowledge, explaining creation provides knowledge, if evolutionists are so cocksure of their case, why are they so terrified of creation.

Schools are to provide knowledge, supported by evidence, evidence that leads to decision based on knowledge.

It was Stalin who ....well we should know history, if you dont its because it wasnt taught because someone decided against it.

Just a quick edit
Imagine in a political class I taught kids the rosy parts of communism, just the good, I would end up with some swayed to communism, say a democracy, I would sway some minds to how good a democracy is.
Maybe Libertarianism, but didnt teach it would become like the US, he with the most money and most popular wins, the people s opinion becomes irrelevant
Teach both sides, the pros and cons and allow the individual to decide for themselves

edit on b2015Tue, 07 Jul 2015 18:44:47 -050073120152pm312015-07-07T18:44:47-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The problem is.. What is there to explain ? What is there to teach ? What is there to understand ? That god did it and we have no idea how he did it ? So it would take like a 5 minutes class ?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It should be taught in a theology class not a science class. I am pro-Christian and pro-God, but it has no place in a scientific forum in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
As a taxpayer, if my child went to the local public school school and was indoctrinated into any religion, I would be quite upset. Everyone has their own beliefs, and that's okay, but I'd rather no one taught them to my kids and presented them as theory or fact.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
As a taxpayer, if my child went to the local public school school and was indoctrinated into any religion, I would be quite upset. Everyone has their own beliefs, and that's okay, but I'd rather no one taught them to my kids and presented them as theory or fact.

Strawman, thats a misrepresentation of what I wrote in the first post

I did not say indoctrinated, I said taught an opposing view, others beliefs, the good and bad.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
It should be taught in a theology class not a science class. I am pro-Christian and pro-God, but it has no place in a scientific forum in my opinion.

So in a science class anyone with an opposing view, an ID bent should just shut up and be served some one else's beliefs.

Science becomes the monster, unchallenged and unquestioned, thats not education and its not healthy.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn
The problem is.. What is there to explain ? What is there to teach ? What is there to understand ? That god did it and we have no idea how he did it ? So it would take like a 5 minutes class ?

Well good, its been dealt with, its been taught
5 minutes, at least the kids would be aware there is a different view.
Its as stupid as saying "I dislike Isis as a political movement, Isis cant be taught in political class.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: borntowatch

not teaching creation is accepting ignorance

^ this is what everyone just got done disproving in the thread you left. which is why you decided to find calmer waters instead of swimming where the sharks had already drawn blood. duh duh....duh duh...duh duh...

Calmer waters with my first post, tee hee you are just being silly.
My first post invited a hell storm, you being here proves it

Anyway, on topic, what is the harm in teaching opposing views and the truth? Be it evolution, Isis or creation (the truth)

The only reason I can imagine people want to destroy creation being taught is the simple fact is they are terrified of it, sheer terror.
What if God is real and i will one day face judgement for my actions?

and Tzar, show me the proof, the evidence in the other thread please
edit on b2015Tue, 07 Jul 2015 19:03:32 -050073120152pm312015-07-07T19:03:32-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I agree with the Bill Hicks school on Creationism.

And Lewis Black.

edit on 7-7-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I am sure everyone just loves threads that have been made to argue against someone else's thread.

Generally speaking they end with a notice from a MOD to continue the conversation in the existing thread.

Here I will give the link to that thread to help the MODs that are sure to come.

Why Creationism Should Never be Taught in Science Class

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Took the words right from my mouth.

link   
Evolution is a fact, take for instance a new flu shot every year. Many Christians see that as a mechanism that was created. That being said I like a post above saying it should be taught in theology instead as it's not science. Science is a forum for facts with hard evidence and what you speak of is a belief. Science is not the proper forum for religion.

link   

watch more type less.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I appreciate your concern.

I have some friends that are creationists. As a Christian, I'm not at odds with the theory of evolution.

My own theory is that evolution proves God exists.

God creates free will.

Evolution is free will on the genetic level. An organism can either adapt or not.

It has that choice.

If it adapts then it survives and that adaptation will be passed down.

If it doesn't adapt, then it dies out.

But on the genetic level, it has that choice.

Free will. Gods gift.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I don't want my children to be taught the opposing view in this case, unless I'm there to set the expectation that the whole story is a fable.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Here is my view on it. The type of creationism we're talking about here doesn't have any evidence to support it. All it has is feeble intellectual dishonesty. What's there to teach? Creationists have an established mode of operation that results in attacks on the sciences and don't forget the proselytization. If you think creationism should be taught in school alongside evolution as an equal viable reality, then perhaps some evidence to support its model could be shared.

Now of course, with all the creation myths out there in the world, we should also consider each and every one of them just as equal and viable a reality. Right? Their gods work in mysterious ways as well, and certainly have just as much evidence if not more, to suggest they exist and their holy texts or traditions accurate.

I could go on but fear it's futile.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I never thought I'd see the day when I fully agree with you metallicus Very well put.

Borntowatch: Creationism is a theological, untestable, concept that is not capable of being scrutinized according to the creationists that believe it.

Evolution is testable, it is repeatable, it is predictable, it has been witnessed and it is still falsifiable. Thus it really does belong to scientific studies.

If you'd like me to prove all those points, just ask

Furthermore, would you care to tell use exactly what creationism we are talking about? Because Creation is a very general term. We are talking about Last Thursdayism, right?
edit on 7/7/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join