It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron gives SAS the green light to launch killing raids on terror leaders inside Syria and Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'm normally opposed to these sorts of meddling in ME affairs, as I often believe that we only make things worse...

This time however, all I can say is, it's about bloody time.

Assuming this isn't just another Daily Fail article blowing things out of proportions, then ISIS had better watch out, the big boys are coming to play.

I would trust the SAS/SBS to get the job done far with far less pissing about than conventional military.

It's just a shame it took the deaths of all those people in Tunisia for our government to finally get off their arses and do something about it.

Rest in Hell ISIS

British special forces have been given the green light to launch raids deep into ISIS-held territory in Syria and Iraq, senior intelligence sources have revealed.

Amid growing alarm at the threat posed directly to Britain, the SAS has been given 'carte blanche' to kill or capture the terror group's leaders – including the masterminds behind the Tunisian beach massacre.

An elite force of up to 100 troops is expected to be committed to the secret war, working alongside US special forces and Navy Seal teams.

Source

ETA: I tried posting this in breaking news, but there was no post button!!!
2nd ETA: I've just noticed this was posted on the mail website on the 5th, I did search ATS to see if it had already been mentioned, surprised no-one picked up on it.
edit on 7/7/15 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Most likely acting as recon for drone strikes.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I dare say theres already an SAS and US forces presence.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Let's hope there are plenty of success stories to report on and that they capture many alive and bring them to justice in the U.K.

Apparently though the guy who gave the order for the Tunisian murders actually lives in the U.K. Well, according to the Daily Mail anyway.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

He didn't give the order, apparently he inspired the gunman, and he lives on our shores, claiming benefits from a luxury home. Don't know how much truth is in that, but it wouldn't surprise me, makes me sick.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

If I've understood correctly, a good deal of the ideology and leaders are also residing inside UK itself. Saw this recent article on Tunis attack, and how the radicalising cleric lives on goverment benefits in West London etc.

Cleric behind Tunis attack

Thus, it might be good for UK to clean up also its own act, and sweep through the odd muslim communities, and make some use of the FEMA concentration camps in US.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Aye, but if they're going public with it, it means a strike is probably due to happen.

What gets me is, if it's supposed to be secret, why is it plastered all over the mail?

BTW, your Location says "Up North Like" Is that up north England like, eh?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

I disagree, if they are guilty of spouting bollocks to radicalise kids they should be sent to Syria to join their mates....why should we have to foot the bill so they can lig about in jail/camp?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see how much US intelligence and support they get,getting the job done doesn't seem an Obama priority.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

They wont need it, don't forget, the US couldn't even raid the Bin Laden complex without first getting advice on tactics from our SBS, lol

They'll be fine, which is more than be said for ISIS.

I remember once, there was 30 of us on a night exercise against 2 SAS guys......we lost, badly...they took us out before we had even walked a mile.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Good hunting! Remember, no bag limit.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Sounds like they have some loose ends to clean up.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Aye, but if they're going public with it, it means a strike is probably due to happen.

What gets me is, if it's supposed to be secret, why is it plastered all over the mail?

BTW, your Location says "Up North Like" Is that up north England like, eh?

Yep Boro.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Personally, I'm all for 'personal accountability' for bad guys. We have satellites that can read a newspaper from orbit, we can track financial and other communications...the age of anonymity has pretty much dissolved.

Two things, though:
a) Do I trust my leaders to use such powers in a responsible manner?
b) How often are these 'bad guys' extensions of our (collective western) foreign policies, to begin with?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I saw this as well and chose not to post it because i could have swore i read about this a few months ago.

could be wrong.

Regardless, I think this operation may be very similar to the work E-Squadron were doing during Operation Ellamy during the Libyan conflict of 2011 along with some direct hits against ISIS and assist the RAF in targeting ISIS.

Interesting story, but lets all face it, its not surprising, there are reports of UKSF having been operating in and around Syria since the earliest days of the Syrian civil war.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
This decision is about a year late imo...

Having said that, is it even a real plan?

Soon as I saw The Faily Fail I began to have doubts about the veracity of such a claim.

They'll never live down the moniker of "press issued emergency toilet paper".

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Sounds like some people are going to have a very very bad day, and I have no problem with that at all.

If I was running the op, I'd send them after any British national the security services know that has left the UK to fight for ISIS and pick them off selectively - and publicise each and every one as they were taken out.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Because it sells papers.

Stories about Special forces are about as close as reality gets to the excitement of Hollywood action blockbusters, headlines with SAS in the title are sexy and sell papers.

of course there is nobody form the UKSF Directorate of from government who has phoned up a few journalists and said by they way we have deployed this unit to this part of the world for this reason. But its a educated guess on the mails part and they probably even have some "source" close to the SAS who has corroborated it but really at the end of the day I could have told you a few months ago with 80% certainty that UKSF were active against ISIS and so could just about anyone who knows who the SAS are.

This story in the mail is probably very true but they are stretching it a bit to claim that "Senior intelligence sources" have told them anything specific.

Its like in America, after Neptune Spear, Seal Team Six became a house hold name and every paper was publishing everything they could on the unit.

In the UK the SAS have the same problem.

Victims of their own success.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Now you see, that sounds like a bloody good plan on paper....especially if it puts the young kids off being radicalised. However, in my mind I feel like those who go are probably of a particular mindset and I say good riddance, better there than on our streets blowing us up.

I do actually feel awful for thinking that way, especially when the Muslim families of those radicalised are suffering so much heartbreak, but how far do we allow our compassion to go?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Given the daily fail pretty much is a pro conservative rag it'll print off whatever they want them to say so perhaps a senior intel guy did have a word with the journo but told him exactly what he was told to say and really do you think in that area theres not probably a dozen nations or more's special forces looking / watching and waiting for orders and probably getting together and having a bit of a reunion as they all train together

And really all carte blanche authority means that they don't need to ring home if the opportunities too good to miss

But hey i wouldn't want to be an ISIS guy near where those guys are planning a job....could be a very quick visit to meet a load of virgins

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join