It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is same-sex marriage wrong?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Here is a short video I compiled about why same-sex marriage in wrong. I appreciate that the majority of people on this site will completely disagree with me, and perhaps even hate me for my views. That is to be expected and those of you who know me on this site know that I'm not here to make friends. It is what it is.

Hopefully the fact that my feelings about this topic come only from a place of love is evident in this video. I don't hate anyone for any reason and I wish only that people come to accept God for who and what he is.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Yeah, your going to be brought to the slaughter house with this post

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
Yeah, your going to be brought to the slaughter house with this post

I'm fully expecting a torrent of strong opposition. I am prepared and won't rise to the bait of certain posts.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well thanks for coming from a place of Love.. i mean Discrimination is Love now days right?

Same-Sex Marriage is not wrong, you are told it's wrong and so you believe it's wrong, but that doesn't make it wrong, it's Marriage.

i posted this in another topic but i'll do it again here

io9.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
No one is going to change your mind, and you aren't going to change anyone else's mind.

So, what's the point of this thread?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Yeah, especially approaching it from a religious aspect. Most will reply with fallacies, loaded questions, shaming tactics, or sarcastic insults. It's a difficult topic for a lot of people to discuss rationally (from both ends).

Good luck

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

i mean Discrimination is Love now days right?

At this time I'd like to call everyone's attention to what the guy was saying in the first part of the video--that the same-sex marriage issue has been framed in civil rights language to deliberately distort the debate and present marriage as something it isn't.

I couldn't agree more.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well you are allowed your own opinion but the majority of folk in western society do not mind that people who love each other can get married.
Just because you base your morals on what is said in a 2 thousand year old book does not mean we all have to.
Oh I lasted to the 1.54 mark where it says it is a stepping stone to bestiality and pedophilia.
Nonsense.
Maybe instead of reading from a book to find God look within.
Then you would see how anti christ your views are.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I got to the word God in the video and realised you are just another religious twat with no clue.

Gay marriage has nothing to do with God. It's something two people do because they love each other.

Simple really.

Oh and PS, you had better be trying to make babies every single time you have sex yourself, or you are not using your sexuality for what God designed it for either.
edit on 6-7-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Bait? you think the video isn't enough bait?.
Oh and to be honest it doesn't matter one bit what you think because in the UK it is legal and no amount of bleating and making videos like this is going to change the law and the view of most people in the UK.
Deal with it.
edit on 6-7-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Bait? you think the video isn't enough bait?.
Oh and to be honest it doesn't matter one bit what you think because in the UK it is legal and no amount of bleating and making videos like this is going to change the law and the view of most people in the UK.
Deal with it.

If my view didn't matter one bit then there would be no discussion stemming from it. Furthermore I know that obviously I won't be able to impact any laws but that is besides the point.

As you said no matter how many videos I make it won't change the view of most people. That doesn't in any way suggest to me that I shouldn't make videos.

Deal with it.

Uhh, that's kind of what the video is about.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Oh and that idiot at the 3:30 mark "because the Bible says so"...
This video isn't just an attack on marriage (yup not gay marriage just marriage now) it is an attack on homosexuals.
Anyhow I'm out no point with crap like this.
edit on 6-7-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Your name actually represents Pedophilia Bestiality i mean "BoyMonkey"? C'mon Guurrr

To be honest i've yet to have a debate with someone about this without Religion being the main counter, what are your beliefs and are the deluded by Religion, if so, you are not making your own choices

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The video is stupid. And I'm coming from a place of love when I say that.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Marriage itself is outdated and should be banned... but if gay folks want to be miserable, too, why not?

The God I know isn't a jerk ... all the time, anyway.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

So, why do you think Same-Sex Marriage is wrong, not what the Video Says, or what the Bible Says.... why do You think it's wrong?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
If you want to use the God angle...Gays are human beings. Did God not make them? Does God not love all of his creations? Not everyone gets married to have children. Marriage is a loving bond between two people.

By being married, gays can now make important medical decisions for their loved one who may be very ill. They can't do that if they aren't related or married to the other person. How would you feel if there were important medical decisions to be made about your loved one and your opinion didn't matter?

Gays are human beings like everyone else, they just have a different sexual preference than some of us.

I remember the first gay person I ever met was way back when I was in school. He was the most amazing person and yet my friends and I were always trying to keep that beautiful soul from committing suicide. Things weren't as open back then as they are now. Marriage is about love and respect and honor for another person.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

I'm fully expecting a torrent of strong opposition. I am prepared and won't rise to the bait of certain posts.

So, you're just desperate for attention then.

You won't defend your position because you know that all you've got on your side is a bad attitude and a dusty old book to quote from.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The question I ask myself is why people even bother with marriage, and why people are offended by it. Marriage is an old tradition and nothing else. So in short : people who cry and scream because they want marriage are stupid and people who are offended by it are stupid too, if not a little bit more.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Is a murderer getting married wrong? What about a Jew and Muslim getting married to one another? How about an atheist marrying another atheist? If not, then why is gay marriage wrong? The examples I listed consist of people who do not believe in Christian doctrine, so why do they get a pass but gay people don't?

Seems like a double standard has been set. If marriage is strictly a Christian ritual then no one but Christians should have the right to marry one another.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join