It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alone: New Survival Show with 500K to the Winner.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Kratos40

Aye, it doesn't seem that way on the show though. I recognize many of the beachfronts and rivers shown in the overhead shots, so it's kind of surreal, but terrible at the same time.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

It's a beautiful place. We hiked quiet a few kilometers and encountered about two villages. We came up to the folk, they were busy doing their daily routines and offered us water, food (smoked salmon!), and some kind of distilled stuff. There are small little towns and enclaves all over the place. There is no way this a good place to test yourself. They should have done this in the Yukon.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Do they find the most incompetent people willing to do this challenge? My god, they sure extreme up the camping life. It's nothing like they show

*Also if they were TRULY cut off, they wouldn't be able to quit.

*GOGO survivorman, this show is a cheap shot at it

edit on 3-7-2015 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I think that's what that is. They probably found the least-untested city dwellers and just dropped them off in the middle of the island. Which is the provincial park.
Without any information, they would think they were hundreds of kilometers from civilization. When in fact, they were a few KMs from a Mom and Pop store.
One of the most impressive things I found was squeezing water out of the tree moss. So much water, and it tastes like tea.
Chicken of the Woods mushrooms are so tasty when you slightly cook them over a campfire.
If anyone dies of starvation here, they are idiots. Yes, there are poison mushrooms out there.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

The little I've watched so far, they are ALL dropped off by water, but seem to feel the need to go into the forest. My god, seriously, the FIRST aspect of survival is to find water, not trek away from it.

I'll watch it for entertainment purpose only. Bring out Les to show them REAL survival. They even get a backpack full of supplies. They pick city slickers just to shame the aspect of survival

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Geez , survivor man is survivor man . Does every show have to be like survivor man ?

This show is not aimed at teaching you survival tactics like survivor man .

These men are competing to win 500k .

Its something different to watch and it happens to be a good show .

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

It's crap if they selectively pick people for it.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

You do have a point. I would try find the coast line. There are so many clams and crabs there, it's an incredible protein source.
You can also set up snare traps, but I think it's illegal in certain parts because of some protected large squirrel. Correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

It's crap if they selectively pick people for it.

HUH?

as apposed to what randomly ? lol

Look man you don't have to like the show ,but don't sit here and be a naysayer and try to ruin it for others .

say your peace and move on .

simple .

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kratos40

You do have a point. I would try find the coast line. There are so many clams and crabs there, it's an incredible protein source.
You can also set up snare traps, but I think it's illegal in certain parts because of some protected large squirrel. Correct me if I'm wrong.

and that's exactly what some of them are eating on .

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   

If it's a TV show I would assume they have all the permits to create a habitat in the area. Sorry to nitpick on it, I just hate fake-reality shows.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

If they all aren't doing that then they cherry-picked contestants they knew would fail, *expletive deleted* them. Make a show with REAL people that REALLY could survive it. You know damn well at least a thousand of those show applications were rejected.

Watching more and more (yes i am watching it) this is a stupid show. They chose stars that can't live up to the roles.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

If they all aren't doing that then they cherry-picked contestants they knew would fail, *expletive deleted* them. Make a show with REAL people that REALLY could survive it. You know damn well at least a thousand of those show applications were rejected.

Watching more and more (yes i am watching it) this is a stupid show. They chose stars that can't live up to the roles.

slow down fella we get it , you don't like the show .....

anything else to add ?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I'm still watching it (commercial break atm)

I just don't like the show because it's a bull# show. It's nothing to do with people surviving, and more of who people will like. BTW those people are not out there anymore, filming is over.

I love shows like this, but when you cherry-pick losers the show loses all base.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I'm still watching it (commercial break atm)

I just don't like the show because it's a bull# show. It's nothing to do with people surviving, and more of who people will like. BTW those people are not out there anymore, filming is over.

I love shows like this, but when you cherry-pick losers the show loses all base.

So I assume you are going to apply for the next season?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Goldcurrent

Link me to it, how do I apply?

I definitely could do better than these "survival experts". In fact I HAVE done better.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Yeah, I don't really understand what most of these guys were doing for the initial 4 days but I imagine it was difficult to get good footage since there were no camera crews.

I just can't believe not one has tried fishing yet. Seriously, I am far from a survivorman, but spending time in the north Saskatchewan forest for many years, I think I could have lasted at least a few weeks.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I definitely could do better than these "survival experts". In fact I HAVE done better.

of course you have fella , of course you have .......

10 Internets to you

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Instead of assuming maybe link me where to apply?

Or at least ask what I mean by I've done better.

That word assume, you know the joke of that right?

*starting second episode now, hope the fools at least figure out fire in this one since they have a flintrock.
edit on 3-7-2015 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

It seems the History channel application site has recently been de-activated. Here's a link to what should have been the app process. www.tvruckus.com...

The email for the producer is in the article.
edit on 3-7-2015 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join