It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kuwait makes DNA tests mandatory after IS bombing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

The legislation, requested by the government to help security agencies make quicker arrests in criminal cases, calls on the interior ministry to establish a database on all 1.3 million citizens and 2.9 million foreign residents.

Under the law, people who refuse to give samples for the test face one year in jail and a fine of up to $33,000 (29,700 euros). Those who provide fake samples can be jailed for seven years.

Kuwait makes DNA tests mandatory after IS bombing

Wow! So this is the way of the future? "Give us your DNA so we can see if you're a criminal!"

Seems Kuwait has a parliamentary system of government similar to that of the UK. Is this where they're rolling this out to test reactions/responses? It's a small country, so I'm sure this will be used to gauge the pitfalls of implementation and make the necessary adjustments.

Maybe it's a sort of payback for saving them from Saddam. "OK it's your turn to step to the plate. We saved your azzes!" ~TPTB

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Who is going to pay for this? Sounds extremely expensive. The US could never get this done, considering all the backlogged rape-kits that are expiring from the statute of limitations.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter

Who is going to pay for this? Sounds extremely expensive. The US could never get this done, considering all the backlogged rape-kits that are expiring from the statute of limitations.

I hope this makes so many people leave Kuwait that it sets a precedent..
I would close my business or stop what ever I was doing there, and leave.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

A lot easier said then done.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

A lot easier said then done.

very much so..
But for me if someone forces something on me,
I run the other way. If you are telling me $33,000 in fines and a year in jail.. You are forcing me,
So I will give it all up, and leave..

Could be related to why I am semi homeless at the moment, but that's just me.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Whelp the US does this as well , you just have to be charged with a Felony ,key word "charged" . They will take your DNA prior to the conviction .

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Parliament also approved a $400 million emergency funding for spending required by the interior ministry. "We have approved the DNA testing law and approved the additional funding. We are prepared to approve anything needed to boost security measures in the country," independent MP Jamal al-Omar said.

my opinion : if this is going to help the government to target terrorist groups then so be it , i don't see anything wrong in this as long as it is for the sake of the countries security .

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

my opinion : if this is going to help the government to target terrorist groups then so be it , i don't see anything wrong in this as long as it is for the sake of the countries security .

How does DNA target a terrorist??

And are you being sarcastic.. I have to be missing my sarcastic detector.. That HAD to be sarcastic.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

And are you being sarcastic.. I have to be missing my sarcastic detector.. That HAD to be sarcastic.

I've been trying to understand how having DNA would help battle terrorism and I cannot come up a valid reason. Anyone? How does having the DNA of the population help combat terrorism in any way? It may help ID a suicide bomber after the fact if that suicide bomber just happened to say to himself/herself prior to blowing themselves up - "Hey I'll go give my DNA today, since it's now the law." But that doesn't seem likely.

Something very odd about this. It doesn't make any sense, given the reason for it.
edit on 19540Wednesdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Dont they take blood from children at the moment of birth here in the US?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Probably the US will pay for it. After all, we paid for universal healthcare for Iraq.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

I've been trying to understand how having DNA would help battle terrorism and I cannot come up a valid reason. Anyone? How does having the DNA of the population help combat terrorism in any way? It may help ID a suicide bomber after the fact if that suicide bomber just happened to say to himself/herself prior to blowing themselves up - "Hey I'll go give my DNA today, since it's now the law." But that doesn't seem likely.

Something very odd about this. It doesn't make any sense, given the reason for it.

exactly..
I want people to think about that.
I've been around many criminals and gangs and the like.. Gangs operate similar to terror cells I imagine.

I've never seen them go "oh wait.... We are not following that new law!! Guys get out all your weapons.. Ok see Todd, you can't have 13 rounds in a handgun dude.. If we are going to murder people, we gotta be above board."

It's ludicrous.
edit on 2-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I don't know.. Is there some information you could share about that?

Well, my ignorance was short lived.

The government has your baby's DNA
www.cnn.com...

In many states, such as Florida, where Isabel was born, babies' DNA is stored indefinitely, according to the resource center.

Many parents don't realize their baby's DNA is being stored in a government lab, but sometimes when they find out, as the Browns did, they take action. Parents in Texas, and Minnesota have filed lawsuits, and these parents' concerns are sparking a new debate about whether it's appropriate for a baby's genetic blueprint to be in the government's possession.

Over the years, many other tests were added to the list. Now, states mandate that newborns be tested for anywhere between 28 and 54 different conditions, and the DNA samples are stored in state labs for anywhere from three months to indefinitely, depending on the state. (To find out how long your baby's DNA is stored, see this state-by-state list.)

state-by-state list.
www2.uthscsa.edu...

Above page Will NOT load

Ugh....
edit on 1-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

sorry I posted then went to bed!

Yea I thought so, a lot of people dont know its happening.....sounds pretty close to the same thing as the OP

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

sorry I posted then went to bed!

Yea I thought so, a lot of people dont know its happening.....sounds pretty close to the same thing as the OP

I'm glad you did.. I really had no idea.
Kind of reminds me of X files, where they had files on seemingly everybody.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

when someone blows himself between too many people you get small body parts of the criminal all over the place , now how can you identify this person ? through DNA , once you do you will know his relatives friends and so on , isn't that going to help in the investigation ?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

It's been proposed to do DNA of every birth.

Don't think it's gotten past that, as it's still illegal.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

dna taken from weapons that have been found? Blood spilt? Bomb components with DNA samples on them?

There are uses for it. In the couple of years before the pull out from Afghanistan, ISAF forces were collecting DNA and biometric data on locals and suspects and building up a list of suspects. It did work to a degree but it was hampered by the fact they were asking soldiers in a warzone to do a detectives job that would be done in an investigation.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
Whelp the US does this as well , you just have to be charged with a Felony ,key word "charged" . They will take your DNA prior to the conviction .

One only needs to be arrested in the UK. Refusal results in hair ripped off you while being held down.
The government have my DNA on their database, I couldn't stop them taking it, but in defiance the most recent picture they have of me is with a smiling friendly face.
I refused to let them have the standard sad/angry criminal look on the picture if ever released to the press, say as missing person or as a wanted man.

The argument was amusing, there is no legislation which can force you not to smile. The copper even laughed at my stance as he understood where I was coming from.
Yep, if there is ever a big manhunt for me then the picture the police provide will be of a friendly, calm, smiling me.

*Edit*
I called it a 1-1 draw regarding DNA sample and the mugshot lol
edit on 3.7.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

join