It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High strangeness in Colorado

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I had a phone conversation last night with a friend in Colorado. She's had some weird experiences recently, which I'll relate in a minute.
Colorado has some areas believed (by paranormal and UFO researchers) to contain 'portals' or 'vortexes'.
The entire San Luis Valley, the Black Forest (near Colorado Springs) and the Four Corners Cross area are all said to have these strange portals, which are thought by some to be gateways into other realms or dimensions.
The Black Forest haunting (early 1990s) was made somewhat famous by the TV show "Sightings".
In addition to poltergeist activity, there were incredibly strange light anomolies, and translucent shadow beings moving in and out of dimensional portals. (Sounds similiar to the Skinwalker Ranch)

The San Luis Valley is supposed to be a major paranormal and UFO hot spot. It's a sizeable area (8000 square miles) west of Colorado Springs, running south into New Mexico. The indians (especially Navajo and Hopi) will tell you that the strange portals exist in Utah, New Mexico, Arizona and Nevada.

My friend is a rational person, and not one to imagine things. She's not even interested in the paranormal, and has chided me about my interest in the subject. She's lived near Conifer, Colorado for over 20 years. It's her belief that "something weird is happening" lately. That sounds vague, I know, but that's how she describes it.

She visited The Great Sand Dunes National Park recently, and she described an experience that actually scared me. She was with a friend, and while they were at the visitor center, they stopped to talk to a Game and Parks ranger. He was showing them a solar collector setup or something on the building. They all (three) heard a strange metallic clicking sound in the distance, that seemed to be approaching very rapidly, then suddenly stopped. It was coming from the east. The ranger asked "Did you guys hear that?" She said he seemed a bit freaked out.

As they began walking back to the car, she could feel 'something in the air', and it seemed menacing. She and her friend both felt it, and agreed that 'something was watching them'. She said "We both KNEW that something was there. Like it was right there beside us, but totally invisible." She emphasized 3-4 times how she could feel it. She's been to The Dunes about 20 times, and told me she has never had any experiences like this.

A couple days later, while walking her dogs on the road near her house, she saw two strange balls of light that were coming in and out of the forest. They moved slowly, with one following slightly behind the other. They were about two feet apart. She said it was probably the weirdest thing she's ever seen. They appeared to be about the size of an egg or golf ball. They left faint trails of light behind them. She said it looked like the balls of light were exploring, or foraging around, as if they were looking for something.

Maybe there's a logical explanation like magnetic fields caused by weather or seismic activlty in the area.
Electromagnetic fields can definitely affect the brain, and can cause uneasy feelings, even deep fear and panic.
The light anomolies she saw are more difficult to explain away imo. The fact that they seemed to have an intelligence behind them and moved in unison is quite strange.

I'd like to know if any Colorado residents here on ATS have experienced any weird happenings lately?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm a long time resident of Northern New Mexico. I tend to believe any reports of high strangeness in "the Valley" 4corners etc. As a flyfishing guide and outfitter in that area; I had many unexplained events happen that scared the livin **** out of me. Sometimes it seemed high tech and other times religious and paranormal or an amalgamation of all 3. Nothing lately....
edit on 29-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I am very interested! I live in Fort Collins Colorado and have been around the mountains a bit. I have seen one Ufo in denver during fourth of July fireworks, confirmed by a near by family.

Last summer I went camping a little west of Boulder with some friends. Felt like I was being watched and saw balls of light / ufos in the sky!! Was confirmed by two separate friends! Mystery in Colorado indeed. I am on the run so sorry if this is written hastily.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I'm a long time resident of Northern New Mexico. I tend to believe any reports of high strangeness in "the Valley" 4corners etc. As a flyfishing guide and outfitter in that area; I had many unexplained events happen that scared the livin **** out of me. Sometimes it seemed high tech and other times religious and paranormal or an amalgamation of all 3. Nothing lately....

Ive spent a LOT of time in the 4 corners area, and traveled through countless times, Ive seen quite a bit of odd stuff around there......

The whole vibe of that region is different from anywhere else ive been in the US........

Last year I drove through with my ex, it was her first time in that area, I didnt mention anything about it really but she made several comments about how odd it felt around there, lol then I spilled the beans on the weirdness there........she drove a little faster come night fall

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
They just legalized pot, sure there are going to be more people noticing strange lights.

The something in the air might be pot smoke.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Right....
I can take you to a place that will shake your perspective up and make you question reality itself. How about it?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Awww I wish sometimes I did live in the states......then I could go to....

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Then there are the stories of the native American indians in the area - of the ant people who hollowed out mountains and lived underground.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Sounds like an awesome job.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

Right....
I can take you to a place that will shake your perspective up and make you question reality itself. How about it?

I wanna go too!!

We are moving to Colorado very soon and I cannot wait! The San Luis Valley is the very first place I plan to explore once we get out there.

Come on moving day!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I've been living in CO for the past 25 years, and it's not like it happens all of the time, but I've had quite a few paranormal experiences out here. I've seen maybe 5 different UFO's in my life, but they've all been here. I've had quite a few ghostly encounters as well, mostly visual, but once where something flew off a table.

There are a lot of haunted areas in CO, especially in some of the small towns. Salida, CO, comes to mind for example. Many haunted areas there.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
yep....right there is crestone Colorado....they something is in the mountain behind crestone....and that's my home valley....so stark...sagebrush and alkali.....that's the valley that started all the animal mutilations

salida is right up on the north point of valley, and up over a pass

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Welcome to Colorado, I live in Huerfano County just over the pass from the Dunes. Lots of strangeness in the Valley, on occasion it leaks out.

If you go to the sand dunes, there's a UFO watch tower close by in Hooper. Not much there, didn't see any UFOs but we had to go. The gator farm is pretty cool too.

With all the rain/snow melt we've had, medano creek, which flows at the base of the dunes, should be running pretty good, it's a blast to play in. Now I want to go.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
i am a free man on the land who happens to be currently in colorado territory since 2006...but have been traveling to it monthly since 2004...

i have seen two of my three ufos....one in colorado on the western slope... a cigar...one in new mexico heading to denver coming into the santa fe region...a silver ball...

i have encounter inter dimensional beings in 2004 in the denver area....

as of lately..there is a vibrational effect....related to earth changes....that i feel is most predominate...

i am a healer ... an empath.. a sensitive... an intuitive...therefore making me more susceptible/in tune to these energies or vibrations..

if you follow hopi prophecy..we are coming into a new world...of greater vibration....with the ability to manifest...and change dimensions.....things will be popping in and out of our reality...

it is in the four corner region..that they believe is the safe zone...

my intuitiveness....leads me to the understanding that the earth is changing...possible pole shift...due to outside force..nibiru..dark star....planetary alignment...who knows....but it is happening....

peoples vibrational levels are being affected.... as is the world....the vibration is increasing....now making it more possible for the things...beings...light intelligence....alien intelligence...to come in and out of our current vibrational dimensional state...or a better way of putting it is we are coming to their vibrational level...

understanding of this...makes me push towards raising my own frequency...to adapt...
those that fail to recognize this as we go through it will...experience great dis-ease..in their comfort and emotion and mental understanding....therefore looking for answers from those in the Know....not from your government or from your religion....

so in summary is colorado more active....maybe..i have experienced much in the realm of the paranormal here....ghosts...inter-dimensional beings...and ufo's...

maybe it's due to the mountains and the amount of quartz or other minerals....maybe there is a vortex thing happening as in the sedona az region... or maybe the earth changes are being focused in this four corners region...

all i Know is.... it's all happening....i am aware....and i currently find myself here...

thanks for sharing....

the clicking.... as an intuitive.. was an electrical charge....hence the feeling of strangeness..and being watched...

we have had a strange spring....many intense storms..much rain..intense lightning...hail..and flood and tornado warnings....

summer has just arrived two weeks ago....the growing season has been affected and my plants have died or are stunted or struggling for life....

it is a strange year indeed.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

There's pretty wide consensus some low frequency fields can really mess up our nerve system, and create good deal of those feelings and vibrations as described in the OP. The source of such energy fields is open for debate, but could also be from tectonic strains in the surrounding grounds. This could also explains the balls of light seen later.

And then again, it could be anything else than that too ...

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
That sounds really remarkable i would love to experience something like that.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Those of you who have seen "odd stuff" and "interdimensional beings"-- can you describe in more detail for those of us who live in more mundane settings?

I'm interested in the remark about Quartz. Does ground high in Quartz attract more lightning strikes? Or is there anything else unusual about it?

The reason I ask is until a year ago I lived on a small bit of property in the DC suburban area that my daughter's teacher said was high in Quartz. I experienced a lot of strangeness there that I haven't in my other houses or where I live now. There was a bit of oppressive vibe to the whole neighborhood and possibly the entire town I never noticed until I started house-hunting in nearby towns and felt the difference in atmosphere or "vibe".

Among the many odd things I've talked on ATS about experiencing there were a sink hole the size of a car, multiple lightning strikes to our end of the street, rumbling sky sounds, and within the neighborhood itself and in the house itself, shadow beings. Big ones, little ones, one winged malevolent one inside the house. One extremely tall one crossing the street, giving off an aura of evil. The little ones were not nice but too lacking in power to be more than annoying. They reminded me of the jawas on Star Wars. Oh yes and there was often the feeling of being watched. And low deep vibrations that lasted a year and only bothered me and not my husband or guests. Oh and then there were all the times military jets did weird circling and maneuvers over the neighborhood and making a racket. After putting up with all of that for a decade, it is so different to live in a place so normal as I do now. Though we do get some weird helicopter and drone activity from time to time here, too.

So anyway, having experienced all that in one unassuming MD town and neighborhood and house, it's intriguing to me to hear you all talk about these strange goings on that sound similar to what I experienced, but on a huge scale that's hard for people to ignore or miss, even skeptics. All that's missing in this thread are details.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

New Mexico is still the gold standard of high strangeness. I dare to say I would love to hear some of your stories. I have camped in several places that personally weirded me out. Nothing in the terror realm to report but spooky stuff none the less. Noises, peripheral glimpses and the feeling of being in somethings company are just a snippet.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

I spend quite a bit of time on the rivers, San Juan, Los Pinos, Jemez, Rio Grande and I always expect to be confronted with some kind of weird BS. It may not even be on the rivers but on the way or coming back home. MIBs, hovering aircraft, strangers that seem to know me, green fireballs, etc.

Camping on the San Juan; I almost always see a UFO. Probably explainable but who knows. Jemez mts, very strange and probably associated with Los Alamos somehow. Even down around Las Cruces, saw a horse and rider pace our PU at 65mph.
Taos attracts weirdness like a magnet.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

That is some strange stuff for sure. We camp at Cottonwood and like to fish the Texas Hole on the SJR. Haven't been in years so I couldn't tell you how it's changed. Lots of weird noises at night but always chalked it up to the river and animals. Ran into a stranger on a river trail once that just seemed crazy but that is to be expected.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join