It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'You must kill us first, but we're Muslim': Tourist reveals how hotel workers formed 'human shield'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+84 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

A survivor of the massacre in Tunisia has revealed local hotel staff members formed a human shield on the beach in a heroic bid to protect tourists from the rampaging gunman.
John Yeoman, 46, said Muslim staff members from the Bellevue Hotel told the gunman he would have to kill them first as they formed a human barricade between the shooter and Western tourists.
The chain of bodies can be seen in images taken of killer Seifeddine Rezgui which emerged yesterday - about a dozen men stand side-by-side as the gunman, pictured in the foreground, marches away from them carrying his Kalashnikov.
It is just one of many incredible tales of survival to emerge in the aftermath of the deadly attack in which British survivors have described playing dead as Rezgui 'executed' wounded tourists.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... ood-them.html#ixzz3eO4Ltdyx
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Incredible and heroic thing to do, thank you, and god bless you for your loving kindness.

This is what the world need more of.
edit on Sun Jun 28 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: added more to title and moved to BAN

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Agreed.

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
God bless these people. This should be the main story of all MSM news and on the front page of every newspaper. Sadly, I doubt it will even be mentioned by the MSM

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The bravery gave me chills, if no one has posted the image yet it is certainly deserving. It looks to me like the employees mentioned were the lifeguards .

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

It is good to know there is still sanity is some corners of the world.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

TY Greathouse for posting the picture, they are heros.

It looks to me like the employees mentioned were the lifeguards

Isn't that something.
edit on 033030p://bSunday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ramsontop
God bless these people. This should be the main story of all MSM news and on the front page of every newspaper. Sadly, I doubt it will even be mentioned by the MSM

The words 'hero' and 'Muslim' cannot be used in the same sentence-that's what the publishers want you to believe.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Personally I hope it is only a matter of time until people stop running from the attackers and start attacking them enmass .

During the Luby's shooting in Kayleen Texas . I will never forget the interview of one survivor before a congressional panel . She said when the shooting started everyone attempted to hide. She was in the restaurant with her mother and father I believe they were under a table as the perpetrator walked from person-to-person executing them .

Her father in his 60s told her I can't stay here and do nothing he is killing these people . So he charge the gun man and was killed . But his selfless action created a distraction that saved many people . I also admire his courage and hope that in the same circumstances I would be able to perform as admirably.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

These people in the countries overrun by ISIS, could easily overrun them, hopefully they will tire of the bloodshed.

God Bless the Kurds

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this.

Not much to say other than what others have just said. I agree this should be front and center in the news. This is the kind of thing that can change the tides direction.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Welcome Blaine and thanks.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Not only that, those people in Sousse are having street protests against all this violence. Tunisia has it's own problems and can do without the fanatics, we can understand that in my part of the world, but still and all it takes courage to make a direct confrontation like that, and without weapons.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Amen.

Kinda puts paid to the "all Muslims are the same" argument, doesn't it?

As ye sew, so shall ye reap. It's to be hoped that someday, somewhere, when/if those people ever need help/shelter/protection, someone will help them, too.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Or the Penn St shootings a few years ago.

A man blocked the door, allowing people to escape at the cost of his own life.

The world has a habit of having these sorts around when needed the most.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

that takes an amount of courage that I have trouble relating to...

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Not only that, those people in Sousse are having street protests against all this violence. Tunisia has it's own problems and can do without the fanatics, we can understand that in my part of the world, but still and all it takes courage to make a direct confrontation like that, and without weapons.

It took incredible courage, in and of itself - and also given that these fanatics usually have no problem with gunning down, or blowing up, other Muslims.

That they were of the faith, was no certain shield.

We can only hope that this, and future, acts of bravery will begin to turn the tide against these evil acts...when good men begin to do something.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

...and yet, their faith was a shield wasn't it? The power of faith can lead to great evil, but it can lead to incredible courage, as well.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

originally posted by: smurfy

It took incredible courage, in and of itself - and also given that these fanatics usually have no problem with gunning down, or blowing up, other Muslims.

That they were of the faith, was no certain shield.

We can only hope that this, and future, acts of bravery will begin to turn the tide against these evil acts...when good men begin to do something.

Someone who really understands. My respects,

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

that takes an amount of courage that I have trouble relating to...

You do now, but if you were ever in that situation, it might become a lot clearer to you. It clearly does to some.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The whole point of terrorism is to destabalize an area so that the fanatics can take over. No more tourism money since no wants to go there, things get worse and worse for everyone in the long run, everyone there knows what they're trying to do so it's simple self-preservation.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join