It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least It's Over...Sort Of

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I bet you yell at kids to get off your lawn too.

I do, actually. I work hard to have a nice lawn in the front of my home. Now the back yard is for playing so I have my daughter and her friends back there all the time.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

"I'm too old for this sh!t."

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I saw this thread title and I was all like "# Yeah! am I glad that Peter Jackson is out of Tolkein books to make movies out of"!

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

I saw this thread title and I was all like "# Yeah! am I glad that Peter Jackson is out of Tolkein books to make movies out of"!

(Cough) The Silmarillion? (Cough, Cough)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

He wouldn't dare.

What would it be? A 9 hour montage?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

He wouldn't dare.

What would it be? A 9 hour montage?

Never say never when hundreds of millions of dollars are at stake.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Wonders how old the OP is? I'd hazard a guess that since he both doesn't seem to understand the importance of football (soccer) or the movement for LGBT people to be treated the same under the law as anyone else (and seems to equate soccer with being gay wtf) i'd guess that the OP is at LEAST over 40? Prolly over 50...

----posts link ---- watches OP's head explode -----

MLS community reacts to historic Supreme Court ruling on marriage equality

edit on 27-6-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I bet you yell at kids to get off your lawn too.

originally posted by: beezzer

"I'm too old for this sh!t."

Lol, you beat me to it!

and on that note...

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Yep, I am too old for this *crap*.

Actually, the gays played soccer in high school and the rest of us played football so I do equate soccer with gays from my experience 'back in the old days'.

I am happy that the gays have equal rights. I think all Americans should have the same rights, however, I am not going to 'celebrate'. I don't like crowds.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I was trying to find something to watch on TV so I could relax as it has been a tough week for me. All that was on TV was a bunch of gay people, murders all over the world by psychopaths from ISIS and freaking soccer.

What do you mean "all that was on TV"? You are still getting rooked by cable? Cut the cord, get Netflix, or Hulu, or Amazon Prime, or whatever a la carte service that seems right for you. Then you can spend all your time watching whatever you want...WWII in HD, and such.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Yep, I am too old for this *crap*.

Actually, the gays played soccer in high school and the rest of us played football so I do equate soccer with gays from my experience 'back in the old days'.

How long ago was this? Everyone I know (male and female) has played soccer at some point. I mean even my parents (both of them) did.

In my school the soccer players were anything but gay. I don't think they had any gay players (not that it matters). However i do know there were like 4 boys on the football team who were gay or bi (2 openly).

So idk why you'd equate soccer with being gay. Sure, it's a fun game which any one of any sex can play but that doesn't make it gay any more than basketball or tennis or whatever other sport.

Sports aren't gay. But sometimes their players are. I don't know why anyone would care so long as their team wins right?

Oh and in my H.S. the soccer players were also fitter (running for 90 minutes as opposed to getting up playing and sitting down, stopping, starting, etc). They were very well defined so they attracted more girls cause we can actually see how fit they are in their uniforms hehe.

It's kinda the same at college. Soccer players at UW attract some very attractive girls.

Anyway, GO USA!

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I imagine the gay boys wouldn't have been welcome on the football team back then. I suppose that is why they were forced to play soccer.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I imagine the gay boys wouldn't have been welcome on the football team back then. I suppose that is why they were forced to play soccer.

That makes sense I guess. It just seems funny to me because like i said, the soccer players were about as heterosexual as it gets with no shortage of "soccer chicks" (groupies) hanging around them and sites like futbolit.com and kickette.com catering to the fangirls (and some fanboys) who love the guys as much as the game itself.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Times change. You'll see.

I wish you better luck than me with the changes.

I never thought I would see a day when American Sniper was vilified and 'Kaitlyn' Jenner was a hero.

FML.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Oh for goodness sake...Look I am trying to be as nice as I can. But grow up. I really mean it. Grow...up

The first two thirds of the post were ok I suppose but then you make it sound like a pity me post and nothing more.

"no place in society for me"

Really? I am not even making fun. You can have your thoughts. Heck you can have your speech. Please! Please keep your speech and don't give it up. Be who you are even if I and others 100% disagree. But don't give me that "no place for me" stuff. Come on friend. There has never NOT been a place for everyone. There is ALWAYS a place for you because free speech, free thought and free association has gone away. Heck it hasn't even been dented no matter how much people think it is. I am not saying you so much but man people are such martyrs...

Metallicus...I know we disagree about...well everything. But despite who I am, what I am, whatever, I don't think you are a bad person. We just think different.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

I appreciate your post.

I have never felt comfortable in society, but you would have to know me from a little tyke to realize that so I don't fault you for that misconception. I consider myself a social moron because I literally offend people constantly without having the intention of doing so. I am fortunate to have wife that advises me when to shut up in RL. Unfortunately she doesn't read ATS so you probably just have to put up with me.

Bottom line? I don't want to be told how to think or what to do...especially by our Government. I am going to feel how I feel and while the logical part of me is completely happy with equal rights for all citizens the fact that Government (and to a lesser extent society) is now trying to tell us what flags we can fly and that we have to celebrate a groups sexual preference or that soccer isn't actually the most boring sport in the world simply doesn't work for me.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Star and flag for you OP. I share you sentiments. All of this nonsense about gays getting married (which if youre heterosexual, why would you even care?) and people arguing about whether or not a flag is racist tells me that this country has gone full blown retarded. What gets me the most about this whole flag thing, the only people i see calling to take it down are white people that arent even from the South at all, and the black people that ive seen speak out on this issue are defending the stars and bars. Meanwhile while everyone is obssessing over bruce jenners genitals and all that other stupidity, the US is engaging full blown economic warfare with RUssia, supporting full blown terrorists, the economy teeters on the edge of a cliff, fukushima still pours radiation into the PAcific ocean, etc etc etc.

The world is ridiculously insane.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
All of this nonsense about gays getting married (which if youre heterosexual, why would you even care?)

Because, oh, I dunno, empathy? Being a motherf***ing human being? Feeling happy that others can be happy? How about that, maybe?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mulder85

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
All of this nonsense about gays getting married (which if youre heterosexual, why would you even care?)

Because, oh, I dunno, empathy? Being a motherf***ing human being? Feeling happy that others can be happy? How about that, maybe?

Nonsense.

Everyone is supposed to be provincial, self absorbed, narcissistic, fear-driven, small minded, bullying, money chasing jerks.

'Murica!

*sarcasm of course*

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join