It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least It's Over...Sort Of

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I know a lot of people are celebrating tonight and while I won't be joining them I do believe justice was done. I am glad it is over and at least we won't have to hear about it all the time in the future. Gay Rights to me are a lot like The World Cup in that you know it is important to a whole lot of people, but I really could care less except for the fact it is all over the media and people won't shut up about it.

Now don't get me wrong...I understand that soccer and gayness are very important to some people and I support the right of people to play soccer and be gay if that is what makes them happy. My problem it is increasingly hard for people like me that simply want to mind their business to avoid being assaulted with soccer balls and umm, balls in general.

So enjoy your gay celebrations and soccer games. I will just try to find a place in society where I can just read a book and be left alone. The world is too 'hip' and trendy for a guy like me anymore and I don't have the patience or inclination to not offend folks in this politically correct climate that we now live in.

So enjoy your Kaitlyn Jenner reality shows and soccer games, but maybe have a beer for people like me that don't have a place in society anymore. I am glad you have your deserved equal protection under the law, but I just can't stand the noise from your party anymore.

Some of us just enjoy our peace and quiet. I'll be the obsolete guy with the Confederate Flag flying not watching soccer hiding under a rock somewhere quiet.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Lol gayness, seriously, no place for you in society, sounds like a pity me thread.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Dont get too down .Use this time to look into the matter of the institution of marriage .You might just be surprised For instance , when did the first marriage licence come into existence ? We can find a certificate of divorce in the old testament but how about a marriage licence ? peace and have a good one

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Its called progression and its not that hard to take in

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I disagree. I don't watch soccer either.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
It's not over, this was one step, and now we have to move on to the others.. work place discrimination, adoption, blood donation, the states that allow discrimination..

it is Far from over, and i personally will not stop, and hopefully everyone else continues on this fight towards Equality for once and for all!
edit on 27-6-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

You know, your soccer analogy was pretty convincing. I get it. Just keep in mind that we all have things like that and all we ask for is to be left alone about it.

For me, it's football, lgbt bashing (it's just as annoying as the gay "agenda" is for you), Christian fundie righteousness, whatever the newest reality shows are, celebrity gossip, etc.

And we too feel like we have to hide under a rock most of the time. Just because lgbt issues are in the limelight of media right now doesn't mean the people we face day to day share that same acceptance.

But, to your post, simply agreeing that everybody deserves equal rights under the law (including marriage) is all most people could really want or ask for. Good thread.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I was trying to find something to watch on TV so I could relax as it has been a tough week for me. All that was on TV was a bunch of gay people, murders all over the world by psychopaths from ISIS and freaking soccer.

I am in a bad mood so deal with it...it's my rant.
edit on 2015/6/27 by Metallicus because: added space

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Oh look, a martyr, how sad.

Good idea with the rock, probably doing the world a favor.

K~

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I don't have to do anything but point out that your a grown man and your having a hissy fit like a kid.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Yes. Thank you.
I may not have put it the way you did, but you're on the right track.

Also the other poster above who brought up the good point concerning marriage in general. Who would willingly decide to make the state a 3rd party to your relationships?

Ultimately I agree. In my opinion All of these social justice 'issues' are grand distractions. I can't find among any cross section of the people I come in contact with, anyone who really gives a rip about whether gay people should get married or not. Even the folks who don't like gayness ultimately could still care less what they are doing in their free time.

At worst, there truly is aN 'agenda' concerning social justice issues; in that 'diversity' is the enemy of diversity. Equality is equating to sameness and there's no room left for individual expression that doesn't fit the mold.
At best, it's a big distraction to keep the hive buzzing about everything but the questions that really need answers in this world like wtf is going to happen to our economy, our children's education, space, our collective health, liberty etc. All the crap we talk about here at ATS should be the Facebook meme of the moment.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
So it doesn't mean balls will assault you now(lol). It's definitely far from over. While I agree with a lot of the equality issues and am happy for this ruling today but am worried for those being played upon by the sides. Now that elections are on the way, with the two party system is gearing up, it's really just begun.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: Metallicus:

So what bothers you exactly? That I support equal rights or that I don't like soccer?

edit on 2015/6/27 by Metallicus because: added question

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Some might call it the opposite. It's a matter of opinion and not everyone thinks the same. Time has a strange way of revealling truths, hence the invention of the word "hindsight".

Our anscestors will find out.....the one from test tubes.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
It's the women's World Cup in Canada at the moment the USA beat China yesterday, the French team has some hot players for the strictly hetro or lesbian viewers

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
In a world full of hate we really should welcome this news that more people can now express their love by getting married. A rainbow to brighten dark clouds

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I bet you yell at kids to get off your lawn too.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Some might call it the opposite. It's a matter of opinion and not everyone thinks the same. Time has a strange way of revealling truths, hence the invention of the word "hindsight".

Our anscestors will find out.....the one from test tubes.

Not in this case.
2 humans allowed to marry is most definitely progression

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Oh look, a martyr, how sad.

Good idea with the rock, probably doing the world a favor.

K~

So much hate.
You might be happy that a person agrees with the equal rights ruling.
But it isn't about that. It is the fact that he doesn't fully accept it.
Everyone must think as you would have them think or they are criminal in your eyes.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Can I ask in what states and when an alternative lifestyle marriage was not recognized by the state? A good friend of mine married his domestic partner in 1996 . A full , regular wedding absolutely recognized by the state and everything that accompanies that . They are under a belief this is not to reinforce that , this is to try and make everyone accept it or else .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join