It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

I starred you just because you're gonna get slammed.

And I'm going to get an ear-full at church this sunday.

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Meh, god has been long overdue with his vengeance. I think I'll take my risks and celebrate this equality.

+26 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Ah yes. I must have missed the commandment that said "Don't diddle your same sex flatmate."

God, in his infinite wisdom and never-ending lifespan, ruling over the endless expanses of the cosmos, nay, the MULTIVERSE of cosmos, really cares where you put your thingy.

Yep.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Keep mocking...

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
If this is all good now, why is polygamy illegal?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

sweet deal...I'm sure my neighbors already heard, but it'll be nice to see their smiles when I bring it up

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Yeah... of all the things God could get pissed enough to rain down holy wrath for I don't think it will be because gay people can get married in the entire US now. I mean they still had gay sex way before all this. That and they didn't go on murderous rampages, commit genocides, lie to start wars... you know actual bad stuff.

link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Probably because of something in the tax code...but, remember, just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean that you have the right to do something as many times or as often as you want.

link   

So the supreme court screwed the tax payer with going in favor of the Obamascare, but is very liberal when it comes to making the religious right very angry with giving the ok to same sex marriage.

Interesting, well at least somebody got a win

+10 more 
link   

Oh I will, trust me. Few things delight me more.

I'll make sure to post and let you know if I get turned into a pillar of salt though.
edit on 26-6-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

They'll start a movement soon for that !!

The 14th may apply to polygamy as well.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Warned about what?

Warned about the fact that Neo-con Bible thumping extremist like yourself would go nuts over this decision?

Punishable by death? Really?

I seriously doubt that any reasonably prudent person would fear the wrath of your mythological God on this issue.

+4 more 
link   

Maybe one say it will be...

In the meantime, here's a representation of the US states where same-sex marriage is now legal.

+8 more 
link   
Here's a wacky thought!

Now that gay marriage (otherwise known as marriage) is now legal, can we at least, show some respect for people who think differently?

I mean, for decades, the gay community and those for same-sex marriage fought for just a little respect from those who thought differently.

Wouldn't it be good to reciprocate?

Or now that marriage is now legal for gays, is it time to bash and insult Christians who may disagree?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Polygamy is been practiced in the US under freedom of religion under the radar, is always ways to get around of it.

link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Few things delight me more.

Yes, this is how I know*

I pity you, and your ilk.

+10 more 
link   

Romans 14:1-13

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. ...

Matthew 7:1-5

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

James 4:11-12

Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

Shall I continue? We can all make fancy quotes (although mine is formatted better than yours). You worry about you, I will worry about me.

+5 more 
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Keep mocking...

Ok.

The early Christian Church performed gay marriages

Ancient Christian Church Performed Gay Marriages? Historian's Claims Spark Controversy

The form of your religion closest in time to Jesus used to disagree with you.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Greathouse

I'm confused as to what this has to do with Islam at all... This country isn't under Sharia Law and it isn't illegal to draw a picture of Mohammad.

I'm not nearly as confused about Islam as I am about the conflicting rationalizations of protest movements .

If someone want to do anything purposefully that is deemed offensive against Islam ( drawl a picture ) it is protested by people throughout this country . And it is vilified by being called offensive to Muslims !

Yet a minority chooses to do something purposeful against Muslim beliefs ( Homosexual marriage ) And it is good because it wins political correctness's and favor ?

I'm sorry this is a double standard !!!

It's not that I disapprove of gay marriage it is that I disapprove of the idealistic protesters/ mainstream media and government officials that sponsor such a hypocritical thoughts in the selection of which of our rights are right and wrong .

If you look at my first two comparisons they seem to have absolutely nothing to do with the rights ? The only concern I see on these two issues is" what is the political correct choice" ?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

That's a good question. I have no problems with polygamy as long as all parties are consenting adults.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join