It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louis Farrakhan says the American Flag is the Problem not the Confederate Flag

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Louis Farrakhan spoke at a church gathering in Washington and emphasized the American Flag should be put down.

He says we've caught as much Hell under that as the Confederate Flag.

I'm sure many might agree.

You can listen to the recording from a radio station in the story...

Farrakhan: I Don’t Get Debate Over Confederate Flag, ‘We Need to Put the American Flag Down’

“I don’t know what the hell the fight is about over the Confederate flag. We need to put the American flag down. Because we’ve caught as much hell under that as the Confederate flag,” comments that were meant with cheers and applause. He added, “Who are we fighting today? It’s the people that carry the American flag.”

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The man has a point. Vastly more suffering has occurred (worldwide) under the auspices of the American flag than the Confederate flag.
edit on 25-6-2015 by nodukkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
What does that have to do with the American Flag being racist? Is he saying Black people are not Americans? What is his flag?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Everyone knows what the real problem is, but won't address it. (yep you guessed it)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
A national flag needs to represent honesty, integrity, virtue, incorruptibility, goodness, equity, honorableness, morality, justness, and so on.

It's very sad and there's no denying it, but the American flag has fallen out of grace, far more so over time than the dusty faded Confederate flag ever did.

edit on 25-6-2015 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
When people like him are ignored, racism can be talked about calmly. Until then racism will surely survive, because those people ensure it.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Well, good thing this is just an idiot sharing his opinion, and he's free to do so. With that said, the American flag isn't going anywhere.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Well, was only a matter of time after going after the confederate flag as such-moving fast though. Lately the US flag was being burned in protest deeming it racist along with the rebel flag in Colorado for example. Isn't there a call against the Second Amendment now to relating it to the confederate flag?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
What does that have to do with the American Flag being racist? Is he saying Black people are not Americans? What is his flag?

You do realize he doesn't speak for African Americans, right? He's the leader of his own denomination. His opinion has the same weight as any random Amish or Mormon leader.

In fact, the "Nation of Islam" that he leads isn't even the same Nation of Islam from the past. It's a branch that broke off when the original Nation of Islam became more mainstream (here).

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again (in my, a Swede's, strictly personal humble opinion).....
The Stars and Stripes is the National symbol of the United States of America, and the Confederate flag is just that, a flag amongst many. The Stars and Stripes DOESN'T represent "you" (the people/miltary/government) - "YOU" represent IT, with both your good and bad deeds.

About that Louis Farrakhan fella....... He's just a nut-job and a hate preacher. Why doesn't he have one of those 5 star suits at Gitmo????

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobbyRock
I've said it before and I'll say it again (in my, a Swede's, strictly personal humble opinion).....
The Stars and Stripes is the National symbol of the United States of America, and the Confederate flag is just that, a flag amongst many. The Stars and Stripes DOESN'T represent "you" (the people/miltary/government) - "YOU" represent IT, with both your good and bad deeds.

About that Louis Farrakhan fella....... He's just a nut-job and a hate preacher. Why doesn't he have one of those 5 star suits at Gitmo????

Free speech. For the same reason Michael Savage isn't in Gitmo even though he called for the killing of 100 million Muslims on air.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
He has a point in this instance and its a fair point to show hypocrisy.
To blame a flag or symbol for some crazy persons warped ideology and behavior seems odd at best.
Awful things are carried out and perpetrated in the name of and because of many things - religion, flags, race, mental illness, sexism, homophobia and tons of other stuff.

I personally feel no attachment to any flag and hate the rah rah USA USA stuff but I wouldn't ban flags.
Flags imho are meaningless, people may attribute meaning or project emotion onto flags or any other inanimate objects but it's entirely on them.
edit on 25-6-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I love hearing his tales.

So he should just call in the Motherplane to drop it's bombs that have drills that will drill down into the Earth one mile and explode causing land to rise one mile, and stuff. Then the breeding program of Yakub and his Tricknology will have to be reversed.

Ohh, you think I am making this stuff up? Go read up on NOI its better scifi than Scientology.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Okay, then they can share a suite.

I have no issue with free speech. I DO have an issue with nut-jobs who blames the masses for the work of a few...........

edit on 6252015 by BobbyRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobbyRock

Okay, then they can share a suite.

I have no issue with free speech. I DO have an issue with nut-jobs who blames the masses for the work of a few...........

Hey, you asked why he wasn't in jail. I said "free speech", then listed Michael Savage's example. So how does your example dispute what I said?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BobbyRock

Blasphemy!

How is killing whites justice when the plan is to go back inside the earth and do a breeding program to get the whites back into the ebonoid

Yakub (sometimes spelled Yacub or Yakob) is, according to the Nation of Islam (NOI), a black scientist who lived "6,600 years ago" and was responsible for creating the white race to be a "race of devils". He is said to have done this through a form of selective breeding referred to as "grafting", while living on the island of Patmos.

en.wikipedia.org...
So really it's all Yakub's fault as you can see... He made the White Devil.
His brother Yashmal seeks to reunite the White Devil though... so yeah..

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Farrakhan was once a sane man. But I think he either went crazy or deliberately puts out crazy stuff so he won't get assassinated. Kind of like the "insiders" who tell 20% of the truth, then launch into completely ridiculous conclusions. (Or like any other pop culture entertainer who isn't meant to be taken seriously.)

Then again, he supposedly received more then $1 million a long time ago so he wouldn't speak out on the mistreatment of black people in the Middle East. So maybe he's getting paid under the table to deliberately put out tabloid-type stuff to lead people away from the truth. I don't wish harm on him but I also don't take him seriously or even pay attention to him.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Well tbh these stories came from W. Fard Mohammed, whom they damn near worship.

Since 2010, under Farrakhan, members have been strongly encouraged to study Dianetics, and the Nation claims it has trained 1055 Auditors.[10]

This part caught my eye. So it's kinda like Scientology more now?

Who knows, maybe Farrakhan been drugged and been induced into an experience, who knows but after his claiming to be aboard the Motherplane it got stranger. I wish the man no harm, but I must admit I find the NOI mythology entertaining AF but hey I'm a conspiracy nut.

There is a youtube channel that has a lot of animations that tell the stories in NOI.

The Story of Yakub and Yashmal;

Check out the Channel if you need a laugh.
edit on 25-6-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

You misunderstood my post, I wasn't trying to dispute what you said...........
and I'm sorry for the video, it really should have been in my first post.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Hey, you asked why he wasn't in jail. I said "free speech", then listed Michael Savage's example. So how does your example dispute what I said?

*Twitch* I don't think free speech is the premise of your argument. I think there is a sickness going on here, one in which you may be un-knowingly a part of.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join