It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 8 Minute Surgery That Will Give You Superhuman Vision. Forever

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

A new bionic eye lens currently in development would give humans 3x 20/20 vision, at any age

The lens, named the Ocumetics Bionic Lens, was developed by Dr. Garth Webb, an optometrist in British Columbia who was looking for a way to optimize eyesight regardless of a person’s health or age.

Webb says that anyone over the age of 25 is the best candidate, because that is when the eye is fully developed.

“This is vision enhancement that the world has never seen before,” he says, “If you can just barely see the clock at 10 feet, when you get the Bionic Lens you can see the clock at 30 feet away.“

The lens, which would be custom-made, is folded like a taco in a saline-filled syringe and placed in the eye, where it unravels itself within 10 seconds.

Well, would you look at that!

Looks promising , now i don't have vision problems "yet" but i am sure in the near future that might be an issue ,so this is good news !

Read more here

thoughts ?

kap

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This is fascinating. I don't exactly like the idea of a syringe anywhere near my eyes, but if this is as it says, I think I would go through with it.
S&F

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm ready. Does it take HD Video and images too?...Lol

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
I'm ready. Does it take HD Video and images too?...Lol

No, that'll be next years' model. The initial surgery may not be bad, but the upgrade surgery? Well....

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Oh my, just imagine the mother inlaw at 3 x resolution!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

OK, now I don't want the surgery.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance
This is fascinating. I don't exactly like the idea of a syringe anywhere near my eyes, but if this is as it says, I think I would go through with it.
S&F

OH man my gf has eye trouble,she has had an implant sown onto the eyeball,the first time i was in the room with her getting an injection to the eye made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, i couldn't imagine getting one myself.....

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
OMG !

I wouldn't hesitate to get this done !

link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Neither can I, really. Just the thought of it makes me cringe. I'n so bad at the dentist, that they prescribe me Valium now just to calm me down beforehand, so I'm hoping maybe an optometrist could do the same. Lol

edit on 6/23/2015 by admirethedistance because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance
a reply to: VoidHawk

OK, now I don't want the surgery.

There's always a price that must be paid!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Intraocular Lens Implant (IOL) surgery is pretty common. What's amazing is that it took this long for somebody to develop a lens that gives "super human" vision.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
OMG !

Me too. I spend most of my day switching between different pairs of specs, but this new device gives both near and distant focus.

I can see this may be met with great hostility from specsavers etc!
At my age (almost 60) I have to get new specs every year as my sight slowly worsens, but with this device i'd only need one 8 minute op, and it lasts forever. This will be the end for all those spectacle companies.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Hmm..do they do one for the ears?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
When they introduce thermal night vision and a tagetting mod we'll talk...

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Intraocular Lens Implant (IOL) surgery is pretty common. What's amazing is that it took this long for somebody to develop a lens that gives "super human" vision.

apparently their is more than meets the eye in this line of research

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Awesome. I'm all for this. I second the notion that ears need to be improved, ASAP. I wear glasses but only one eye is a little bad, my ears... are about the average for a 70 year old. Not good. Gimme something besides an amplifier that is going to deaden what is left all that much quicker. I mean we're at the beginning of the transhumanism era. Let the superhuamns reign over the AI as long as we can.
edit on 23-6-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: CranialSponge
OMG !

Me too. I spend most of my day switching between different pairs of specs, but this new device gives both near and distant focus.

I can see this may be met with great hostility from specsavers etc!
At my age (almost 60) I have to get new specs every year as my sight slowly worsens, but with this device i'd only need one 8 minute op, and it lasts forever. This will be the end for all those spectacle companies.

Exactly !

You just described my daily hassles too.

I have different specs for every damn thing I need to do... reading normal print, reading fine print, using the computer, driving, seeing short distances. Ugh.

Must. Have. Bionic. Lens.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
Awesome. I'm all for this. I second the notion that ears need to be improved, ASAP. I wear glasses but only one eye is a little bad, my ears... are about the average for a 70 year old. Not good. Gimme something besides an amplifier that is going to deaden what is left all that much quicker. I mean we're at the beginning of the transhumanism era. Let the superhuamns reign over the AI as long as we can.

Dang cheese , you sure did go from 30s to 70s in less than a year lol

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Awesome, thanks. I wish he said what it was expected to cost, though. I've got to start saving for that!!

.a reply to: Kapusta

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
They should make it in contact lenses as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join