It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Porta-Potties' ... California's Water Policies New Symbol?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

At a rest stop near the town of Cambria – where the average home price is $640,000 – signs appear on rest area doors explaining the restrooms are closed until further notice due to the water shortage.

Portable potties sit out front, attracting flies but not many visitors.

Portable outhouses have begun popping up along California’s coastal towns due to water restrictions amid a government-mandated drought.

The johns are an unfortunate new symbol of how far the state has fallen and perfectly illustrates a state whose water policies have, pardon the pun, absolutely gone to crap.

Cali’s Drought Reaches New Low

-
Google-Images (1/1/2015 - 12/31/2015):
"map California drought"

-
Google-News (1/1/2015 - 12/31/2015):
"California drought food shortages"

-
Before reading the 'Lastly'-Section:

Pattison explained that he had started the process of buying a humanitarian emergency water supply before the state board ordered curtailment of pre-1914 water rights on Monday.

The curtailment means Byron Bethany Irrigation District — Mountain House’s only source of water — can no longer pump from the Delta, and he said that might mean less water available to residents.

Mountain House, California - Some Better News

Lastly

Brazilian metropolis of Sao Paulo has become so severe that local authorities are considering bringing in military personnel to cope with the possible social chaos.

Senior officials at Sao Paulo's water facility said residents might soon be evacuated because there is not enough water, to bathe or to clean homes.

An 'Extreme View

-
OPINION:

Our Military MIGHT be ... Being-Proactive?

( or could there be a need for some mobile-assistance which could span multiple-states where multiples-of-local-assistances might not be adequate? )

-
OBSERVATION:

... one needed government issued ration coupons to purchase coffee, sugar, meat, cheese, butter, lard, margarine, canned foods, dried fruits, jam, gasoline, bicycles, fuel oil, clothing, silk or nylon stockings, shoes, and many other items.

Some items, like automobiles and home appliances, were no longer made. The rationing system did not apply to used goods like clothes or cars, but they became more expensive since they were not subject to price controls.
We've Gone Thru Difficult-Times Before

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne It's getting ridiculous and still farmers of water thirsty crops like almonds and cotton get 40-60% of the water supply (depending on what source you believe). The residential limits and shutoffs are expected to do little. Residents don't normally have lobbyists to help them out, though.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: FarleyWayne It's getting ridiculous and still farmers of water thirsty crops like almonds and cotton get 40-60% of the water supply (depending on what source you believe). The residential limits and shutoffs are expected to do little. Residents don't normally have lobbyists to help them out, though.

Sure, blame the farmers. Meanwhile Nestle is bottling 705 MILLION gallons a year.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Obviously, I don't live in CA.

I'm just an Outsider-Looking-In and speculating how this drought-issue can affect me-n-TX ... (and everyone else for that matter).

I don't know how bad things will get BUT I do sense that a Minimum-Reaction/Response-For/At-The-Moment is taking place ... ( i.e. a bunch of: not looking past one's nose thingy ).

Obviously, I'm getting the sense that a Last-Backup-Plan = Military-Input.

OPINION:

Folks Should/Need to Work ... Lock-Step-n-Unison.

( or try attempting to look past the moment, be optimistic and work together? )

edit on 20-6-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Hmmm in the other hand, these Porta Potties should be given to the Hollyweird celebrities who wasted water.

New aerial photos spotted over at the New York Post show that some of Hollywood’s biggest stars are pouring water into their lawns and landscaping at an alarming rate, even while the state suffers from its worst drought in history. Photographer John Chapple took aerial photos of some of the most luxurious celebrity estates in California, showing that some of Hollywood’s elite, like Kim and Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Lopez, and Hugh Hefner are still surrounded by lush greenery, sparkling pools and bubbling fountains, despite the dire state of California’s drought.

inhabitat.com...
edit on 20-6-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Imagine if there was a totally dark force wishing to create chaos amongst humanity.
Imagine if that force could interfere with/block/deplete aquifers.

Without any ground level evidence,such a force could ultimatley control the planet,and no one would notice-except maybe NASA who would notice weird goings on with the water tables;like this maybe:

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...
You want to engineer a war?
You want population control?
You want to manipulate the markets?

Control the aquifers,and you can do that and more.

edit on 20/6/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: space added

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarleyWayne
a reply to: reldra

Obviously, I don't live in CA.

I'm just an Outsider-Looking-In and speculating how this drought-issue can affect me-n-TX ... (and everyone else for that matter).

I don't know how bad things will get BUT I do sense that a Minimum-Reaction/Response-For/At-The-Moment is taking place ... ( i.e. a bunch of: not looking past one's nose thingy ).

Obviously, I'm getting the sense that a Last-Backup-Plan = Military-Input.

OPINION:

Folks Should/Need to Work ... Lock-Step-n-Unison.

( or try attempting to look past the moment, be optimistic and work together? )
absolutely. This is an immediate emergency.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Oh - I just figure out how to get rid of people's avatars -- tangent

Actually, composting toliets should be a growth industry. They work fabulously, product excellent organic (depending on diet of course) fertilizer and don't use water.

They do require learning some new behavoirs if you don't want them to stink - but it is possible. Good in fact for people 'set in their ways' - brain elasticity and all.

Think of the good local jobs when we get serious about green technology. And it's people receiving the weath not "THEM".

Composting toliets - the way to go in the 21st century.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Sure, blame the farmers. Meanwhile Nestle is bottling 705 MILLION gallons a year.
Nestle mainly bottles water in Maine in the US.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Hmmm in the other hand, these Porta Potties should be given to the Hollyweird celebrities who wasted water.

Why limit it to celebrities; every CA resident gets a porta-pottie (front yard status). Think of the millions to be made if already thought ahead and in the industry. Where does the human waste eventually wind up, perhaps as compost.
edit on 20-6-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Nestle mainly bottles water in Maine in the US.

They were sneaking those trucks in; but Maine township residents are now onto them.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I don't get it.

They've known about this problem there for ages.

Why no desal plants?

This just defies belief at this point.....

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

And...if Nestle shipped every ounce of water, that they produced in the year, to California...they would end the drought for approx 27 minutes.

705 million gallons per year is nothing when current consumption (entire state) is around 38 billion gallons per day.

top topics

join