It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(terrible experience) Can someone help me work out what happened to me.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I will make this as short as possible.

Ok, i was asleep but not dreaming sleep so i must not been in rem sleep all night, now here is where it freaks me out and scares me ever since.

I woke up (Or so i thought) and i was lying in my bed with my arms by my side and the room was dim lighted like it normally is when i wake up, but for some reason my attention was drawn to the place at the bottom of my bed where the blind spot is, i just felt a certain presence for some reason, so i started to get paranoid and felt a sense of...lets say fright even though i knew there couldnt possibly be nothing there.

Now the more i thought about what could be there the more i got scared, then suddenly i heard a voice say to me " You owe me your life" which sounded like it came from the bottom of my bed and the tone of voice was very disturbing.

(You must realise that until the voice spoke i actually thought i was 100% awake and in no way even thought that i was in a dream or whatever the hell happened.)

After hearing the voice my alarm bells started ringing and i thought holy shiite!

So i tried to scream as loud as i could, but what came out of my mouth can only be described as a whisper, this scared the hell out of me, the louder i tried it did not matter it just came out as a whisper.

I then tried to lift my arms up so i could get the hell out of my room but i just could not move then no matter how hard i tried.

I suddenly woke up (for real this time) and i just felt emotionally and physically drained, and i was worrying wether i was still in this fecked up dream like state,so i went to the toilet.

I just felt strange all day always wondering wether i was awake,and thought that i never ever want to be in that state again.

Does anyone have a good explanation or similar experience and the main thing...why did it happen and is there a chance it will happen again and if there is a chance how the hell can i prevent it?

I have also read something about "sleep paralysis" which seems to be what this is but im not sure.

Thanks for any help it will be really appreciated because it has been on my mind for a few weeks now.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I have strange dreams often too, but I never take note of them because I know they are only dreams. If you keep thinking all day on how to prevent it, you'll end up crazy with nightmares every night. You just need to laugh at it, that is the best thing.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Thank's for the informative comment, you never cease to amaze me with your wisdom keep up the good work my friend.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
Thank's for the informative comment, you never cease to amaze me with your wisdom keep up the good work my friend.

This is not wisdom, only a bunch of experiences.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
on the other hand, if you are trying to understand your dream try figuring out why you are having them. What are you trying to tell yourself? Perhaps feelings of guilt towards somebody? Who did that person remind you of?

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It didnt seem like a dream though, it was so damn real, and the persons voice reminded me of the exorcist and i dont think i know someone that ugly to tie in with this.

I have never had this experience before, and it has only happend the one time.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
You just need to laugh at it, that is the best thing.

Indeed, that's what I do to almost everything,
I too have had very very disturbing dreams, I would sometimes get up in the middle of the night not being able to go to sleep again, I won't go into details now, but you got the idea. Fear is not fun, but it's fun to laugh to fear
try it,

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
These does sounds allot like sleep paralysis, a thing I have experienced a few times and hope not too ever again,

Basically you are half-asleep and half-awake, So figments from your dream are still with you, i.e.. Feelings, and presence�s. Not a great combination,

Heres a few thread you may like to take a peek at,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It does sound like sleep paralysis. The sense of presence and inability to move are classic. The voice is a twist I haven�t heard before (pun)!

I have had a similar experience and it really shook me at the time.

I was in bed and I became aware of the face of a wolf hovering over my head. The thing that was the strangest was that the sense of presence was so strong that I �knew� that it was there, but at the same time I knew it was impossible. I was certain of both these things at the same time, and my mind was unable to reconcile the two.

I tried to reach up to touch it, but was unable to move. After a few attempts I was finally able to slowly reach up and touch it. When I did, I felt cold metal, and instantly realized it was the metal shade of my light fixture. The certainty of the wolf face and its impossibility both vanished instantly like the popping of soap bubble and I was finally awake.

The thing that struck me the most was that I was able to think and thought I was awake before I really was. And the sense of presence was overwhelmingly strong�to the point of certainty. And then that certainty was erased and reversed instantly at the touch of cold metal.

It made a huge impression on me of the ability of the mind to play tricks.

I wouldn�t worry about your experience. Count yourself lucky to have gained this insight into your mind�s ability to create an alternate reality.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Thank you very much Asala, at least im not alone with this thing.

Half awake half asleep thats a pretty good trick! And explains why i thought it was so real.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
And thanks cimme, i am kinda lucky to experience this sort of experience when i think about it.

It is just so strange though! I think i remember thinking to myself when i was in SP that i really dont want to hear someone speaking so i might have actually made that voice happen although "You owe me your life" is not something that i would think up or expect, thats just completely random!

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It might be worth meditating on this phrase, "you owe me your life," and see if you can get a feeling for what it means to you.

Words heard in a dream are often significant.

There was I time when my dealings with people at work was very superficial. I often only spoke to them briefly and felt that I was only treating them as "customers," and not as human beings.

I had a dream in which the phrase "The handshake of hearts," occured.

It seemed to perfectly sum up the idea of making a real human connection with people even if it is as brief as a handshake.

It's something that I try to remember and practice.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Just think, that there are very interesting threads here on ATS: aliens, daemons, ghosts, mind control, UFOs, conspiravy, terrorists, unexplained occurances, paranormal phenomena... etcetc...

This is way enough reading all this for anybody to have a very bad dream for days/weeks. Sometimes I do have interesting dreamy due to all this, but usually I can read back my thoughts, and locate it, from where it actually comes from. Most important is always to never take them seriously, many people have gone already nuts due to dreams and hostile thoughts.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I thought the name for this was waking paralysis? It seems that when your in REM sleep (dreaming) your mind actually disengages from your body to keep you from acting out the dream. If your body happens to wake up while in this state your aware but still paralised until the brain can comletely reconnect.

Its actually a very common experiance. One article I read on the subject said over half the population of earth will experiance this at one time or another. Some will experiance it only once while others will experiance it multiple times. It usually occurs in teenagers and its believed to have actually killed people, Though how thats proven I do not know.

I've read up on the subject because when I was 16 I experianced waking paralysis that was much like what you described. It was summer and my father, brother and myself were sleeping on the screened in back porch of our house. I awoke cause something had come into the room and was on the far side of my brothers bed. It was a shadowy figure and as it moved towards me I tried to speak or yell and couldn't move at all. finally it made it to my bed and began to choke me. I honestly believed it was trying to kill me and I was trying to fight or yell to wake up my dad and couldn't do any of that. Then I shot straight up in bed and screamed, "NO!" so loud it scared the hell out of everybody in the house. Not to mention sending my dad and brother flying out of their beds like crazy men.

The experiance was so real that to this day I cannot swear it actually didn't happen. But it only happened to me that once.

It sounds like this is what happened to you.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I had a very bad experience yesterday morning: The neighbour family underneath me gathered for Christmas, and I woke up hearing their extreme yelling and shouting nasty words to each other hitting furniture and walls. That family right beneath my floor is always a mad bunch of ignorant people, but when the whole family is together, seems to be like hell. They are just gone nuts.

Well, interesting, but it was definately not a dream...

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
I had a very bad experience yesterday morning: The neighbour family underneath me gathered for Christmas, and I woke up hearing their extreme yelling and shouting nasty words to each other hitting furniture and walls. That family right beneath my floor is always a mad bunch of ignorant people, but when the whole family is together, seems to be like hell. They are just gone nuts.

Well, interesting, but it was definately not a dream...

What the hell are you on mate?

I know you are purposely talking off topic but if that's what gets you off then carry on.

And i dont worry or think about what happened all the time everyday, i just sometimes think what happened and why it happened.

MrWupy: Thanks for your reply also, seems to be the same experience you had to me also.
I tried the mantra and something did pop into my mind stright away,im not going to say who (yes it was a person) because i dont think members will be much interested in my recent personal life (although if you are you can check my blog). But i dont see why this would link.

I have just remebered that i think i may have had SP before but not in the way this happened.

Basically i was hovering above myself, and the lighting was like a sunny day but more of a orangy light in my room...like a sunset.
But i was so relaxed and peaceful, and there was music playing(think it was R-Kelly) and the experience was way more joyful than what recently happened.

Im usually very very good at interpreting dreams, i can have a dream,wake up, and think about it for a while and realise why i had it.

Also i usually have scarily accurate dreams that turn out to come true in one way or another,usually within 2 weeks.

Strange.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Okay, so even if it is sleep paralysis, what causes it? It does not sound like something your mind decides to make up. You mind is your ally right? Why would your mind do something like that to itself? This is the part that makes no sense to me. Sounds to me something got a hold of you. I'd advise praying about it.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Yes, your mind is your ally but were talking about your brain here. The brain does things that we have little control over, such as keeping your heart beating, your lungs breathing and all the little chemicals in your body in balance so that you may live a normal life. When the brain stops working normally is when we have problems such as psychosis, delusions, ADD and a whole mess of other illness'.

Waking paralysis seems more than anything to be just a brain fart. Its terrifying when its happening but its usually over pretty quick and no actual physical damage is done. You will never forget such an experiance but your still going to get up to change your underwear.

It's just something that happens and regardless of where you are the situation is almost universally experianced the same. You cannot move. Someone is in the room with you. They mean you harm. You feel your being choked or someone is putting pressure on your chest. You try to cry out but your voice is barely a whisper or hoarse. Then you actually come fully awake and freak out for real.

Waking paralysis happens when the brain screws up. It just goes with the territory of being a human being.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think, those have bad dreams, who have a very disturbed lifestyle. This could be the major explanation for most bad dreams. If someone has an evenly managed life, he will face less bad dreams, and at after all, he won't give any note of that. Usually dreamreading is some form of culture among those who hate black cats...

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Very interesting. Sleep paralysis happens, it is common to have feeling of presence in the room, presence of entity which is accompanied with a fear.
I once heard voice saying "We killed him" I don't know who "we" is, but "him" surely was me. Terrifying!
I believe you, only for I had myself scared by something like that once before. I wouldn't believe you and even would have thought you're mentaly derranged if haven't such an episode.
Reading on sites about that came later.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join