It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Demands Probe into U.S. Moon Landing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Russia's investigative committee spokesman has demanded that an international investigation be launched into the U.S. 1969 moon landings, after a US-led investigation into the world governing body FIFA, cast doubt over the fairness of choosing Russia to host the next World Cup....

In a series of thinly veiled allegations, Markin cast doubt on the U.S. moon landings, stressing the need to now initiate an investigation into the disappearance of film footage from the Apollo landing in 1969, as well as to test the validity of 400kg of lunar rock which was reportedly collected over subsequent US missions to the moon.

"No, we are not arguing that they did not fly [to the moon] and only shot a film. ....."

Russia Demands Probe into U.S. Moon Landing

In the words of the old Boney M song "Rasputin"....."Oh those Russians..."

Well this is going to be gold for Apollo conspiracy believers...well it wold be if they wee actually going to "investigate" the landings.....but they aren't - only the disappearance of the film and the "authenticity" of various moon rocks...presumably because the disappearances occurred in the USSR...or perhaps because the rocks were Soviet territory??

Dunno what jurisdiction they think they have - the FBI's jurisdiction over transactions through US Banks is clear......

Still - comedy gold appears to be on the horizon!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

edit on 19-6-2015 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Just imagine something of such to turn out to be fact. The world would really turn itself upside down. Imagine everything you have ever learned about math, literature, science. All of this purposely distorted in its earliest of creation, to purposely deceive every single person on earth. Literally NOTHING you have ever been told, has been true..

Just what if?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
"Don't look here, look over there!"

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

Pretty much...

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Russia can investigate all they want. No one else has to anything as Russia has a temper tantrum. Well, maybe become less concerned over a bunch of soccer games.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well there goes that argument that we must have put men on the moon because Russia doesn't deny it.

I will laugh for the rest of my life if it turns out to be true.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

They are discussing this tonight on Coast to Coat AM

Make no mistake Russia knows about US dirty laundry but that goes both ways.

Still

Where are the tapes ???

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

.but they aren't - only the disappearance of the film

What film disappeared?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
This topic goes on and on.... I find it hard to believe Nasa would lie about this other than the fact they were in a space race with the Soviet Union i think the cover up would be harder than the actually landing on the moon. And given they can put rovers on mars i find it really hard to believe Nasa hasn't put man on the moon given the moon is 384,400 km from earth where as mars is 225,300,000.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

How many dumb threads about this nonsense are ATS mods going to allow?

They came out with this after they were caught bribing FIFA to try and deter retarded people's attention. Sadly it works on most ATS members.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What film disappeared?

From the article

In 2009 Nasa admitted they had deleted footage of the landing for budget purposes but the footage was then restored thanks to contemporary TV recordings.

Of course, Russian scientists do not "demand" investigation. This was a trolling opinion from some Russian lawyer.
In original article it is clear that he was kinda trolling, appropriate for ATS conspiracy junkies, but not as a serious proposition.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

From the article

I asked about film.

I know about the reuse of the "original" tapes which recorded the video transmissions from the Moon. There were no tapes returned from the Moon but there was a lot of film which came back and is not missing.

This was a trolling opinion from some Russian lawyer.
Who, apparently, knows little about the matter.

edit on 6/20/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Who, apparently, knows little about the matter.

I think he is getting his information from conspiracy sites like ATS

Anyway, most of his article wasn't about Moon landing at all. Just western media likes to spice their reports and adding "Russia demands". It was personal opinion written in local press not "Russia demands" lol

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Ahh...the chickens always come home to roost don't they!

How many times have the debunkers remarked that the Soviets would have blown the lid off any dodgy antics by the USA space programme, relating to the moon landings, yet they didn't? Plenty of times.

Yet, here we are...and here they are saying it now. Many of us always knew if the Russians knew the Apollo programme was 'less than straight up' they would use that information for an important time, for leverage, for bargaining, for a time when it would be most useful to them and not wasted...now seems to be an opportune moment to reveal what the Russians have known for decades.

This is going to get interesting i think...

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

.but they aren't - only the disappearance of the film

What film disappeared?

I'd imagine the film of Armstrong supposedly taking the historic first step off the ladder of the Eagle...remember it was broadcast in very poor quality because it wasn't the actual film being shown in broadcast quality, but was filmed using a camera pointing at a monitor?

That film.

Unless of course you happen to know where the original 'first steps' film actually is...as to my knowledge it has never, ever been shown since.
edit on 20-6-2015 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

That film.

Nope. Not film.
A TV transmission. Recorded on tape. On Earth. Of which there are many copies.

edit on 6/20/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

That film.

Nope. Not film.
A TV transmission. Recorded on tape. On Earth. Of which there are many copies.

Which to my knowledge went through an Oz receiving station...the most important technological feat, the most culturally crucial moment in Human history...yet was not recorded and preserved for posterity in as crystal clear quality as could be managed at the time and made available in stunning quality for all to see and more importantly examine?

And that seems reasonable to you?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

they would use that information for an important time, for leverage, for bargaining, for a time when it would be most useful to them and not wasted..

Who are "they" ? It wasn't Russian Roscosmos official (analogous to NASA) , but "they" is just a layman lawyer with zero authentic information and knowledge. Besides , even in his words he wasn't outright questioning the fact of Moon landing, rather he said

"No, we are not arguing that they did not fly [to the moon] and only shot a film. But all of these scientific - or perhaps cultural - artefacts are part of the legacy of humanity, and their disappearance without a trace is our common loss. An investigation will show [what has happened]," Markin writes.

The core word here is "investigation", as he was bittered about USA meddling in FIFA affairs. And he is kinda lawyer (russian style)

edit on 20-6-2015 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Copies of the pitiful, grainy, second hand, monitor filmed trash you mean?

Or, perhaps you know where the crystal clear version is...if so, i'd appreciate if you'd share it with all of us, as i have never seen anything other than the deliberately obscure version we all have seen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join