It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U2U messaging not working?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This has been an ongoing thing and I am wondering if it is a known issue or there are just millions of U2U messages out there that go into the cyberspace. Alternatively, we could be looking at the biggest conspiracy ATS has ever seen
(HAD to say that on a conspiracy site haha)

Anywho, the issue seems to be that I and other members send U2U messages that show in the sender's outbox as unread, but never appear in the recipent's inbox. Sometimes a conversation will start and a few replies will get through and then nothing.

*Edit* Some techhie stuff if you are wondering what browser I am using etc. I use ATS on multiple platforms, Android (phone) Windows XP, 7 , 8.1 and Linux Mint (home, work PCs) and multiple browsers - Chrome, Firefox and much less frequently Internet explorer. The platform and browser seems to make no difference to the success of messages getting through.
edit on 18-6-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Odd indeed.. Thank you for pointing that out

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Yep , I second this.

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I've encountered the same, it says it sent but the recipient never receives them...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I hope so. I haven't gotten one in months.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

No such issue here. Windows, Ie, Chrome, Firefox, tabs, PC's, laptop, android. None here..

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Yes I have noticed this also.
Not all of them, just some, and then some go through a while later.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Yes I have noticed this also.
Not all of them, just some, and then some go through a while later.

My experience also. Actually I am wondering if it's anything to do with the recipient being offline. I am successfully messaging a member at the moment with Windows Vista and the latest version of Firefox. I've messaged the very same member many, many times and they have not gotten through and they are reporting the same thing from their side.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I have had problems in the past with people saying they sent me a message, but I didn't get the message. I always tell people that if I don't answer a U2U it's because I didn't receive it or I'm seriously sick or something. I think it's ok now. Hope so.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Bump This thread , so we can get an answer ..

bump bump bump !!!1

flagg it too

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

bump

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

All my u2us are showing up as already read, so I have no idea when I get a new one plus I would like to find out why my thread Poll finds Sanders closing in on Clinton was closed but have no idea how to contact the mods????

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Bump

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Well, I have been sending and receiving for a good week or so now, off and on, with no noticeable issues. Using Firefox on Windows 8.1 (poor me), in case that makes a difference.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Actually, I had problems with accessing my u2u after the DDoS attack last fall, among other tech issues which limited my time here

Only after the new server change over have I been able to read my u2u's and be able to post/upload with no problems!!!

So far (knock on wood) all is working good for me

--------

ETA: that's using FF
edit on 19-6-2015 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I've spent some time extensively trying to replicate this issue, and simply can't.

It would be helpful if, when this is known to have happened, send me a private message with the sender and recipient ATS names, and I'll see if that helps track it down.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
I've spent some time extensively trying to replicate this issue, and simply can't.

It would be helpful if, when this is known to have happened, send me a private message with the sender and recipient ATS names, and I'll see if that helps track it down.

Rodger that OverLord sir .

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Real Quick , Another thing I have noticed , When I check my reply's inbox ,Delete them , Ill comeback later and recheck and the same reply's will be in my inbox .

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Thankyou for taking an interest in this. I will definitely let you know next time it happens.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I believe the issue has happened again.

Darth, can you please confirm if you have or have not received a U2U. For the record, I sent it about 2 hrs ago.

In my outbox it shows as being sent and undread.

P.S, how do you get screenshots to stick in these posts?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join