It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the orbs? My UFO story.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TeaAndStrumpets

Wow. Thanks for explaining. Very interesting. What was the girl's reaction to this? Do you know anything about her having similar experiences before or after this event?

I too speculated about the orb we saw, because what else can you really do? I got a sense that this orb, whatever intelligence behind it, was concerned about being seen upon its entry into the atmosphere and thus diverted its course to observe us for whatever reason.

Anyway, no need to tell me twice.
I believe you saw what you've described as much as I believe I saw what I saw.
edit on 6-16-2015 by TruthLover557 because: to experience the great joy of editing

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The layer of seawater, surrounding the outer hull of the starship, protects the craft from neutron radiation during the fusion process. Once the fusion reaction stops...that layer of seawater is possibly released onto the landing zone. In daylight hours or in outer space...the foofighter just collects starlight photons for the black hole starship's photon engine.
edit on 16-6-2015 by erno86 because: typo error

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: funbox

Ready by next week why not just post the raw video and you are right manual focus snd exposure would have been better.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Still, here's a video showing ball lightning footage with standard silly soundtrack. The clips are intriguing and have all been on UFO and ghost documentaries which kinda supports my point that we impose our beliefs on something we don't understand.

interesting video - i've never understood how 'ball lightning' could be considered an 'explanation' for ufos when 'ball lightning' is itself a placeholder for something not explained or even defined

saying a light in the sky is ball lightning doesn't seem to add any more information or insight to the situation than saying it's aliens, fairies or spirits imo
edit on 19-6-2015 by aynock because: filled out

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

it was amusing , I was on the phone to Uktoday at the time , im suspecting it was generated by one of her famous ufo's dances. so I have a mobile in one hand and camera In the other , not ideal shooting conditions .

still stabilising .quite a few frames

funbox

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

Although you have given exif data, time ,date, direction facing approx location to help rule out certain things is always handy.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: aynock

Ball lightning exists as a meteorological phenomenon.

The irony is that narrative and anecdotal evidence of BL sighting reports is taken seriously whereas equivalent evidence is rejected for structured object sighting reports.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Ball lightning exists as a meteorological phenomenon.

all the info i've looked at seems very vague - the sightings suggested as ball lightning in various places don't seem to me to be obviously confined to a single mechanism or phenomena

other than lightning discharges being observed to produce small, short lived balls of light there doesn't seem to be much to go on

The irony is that narrative and anecdotal evidence of BL sighting reports is taken seriously whereas equivalent evidence is rejected for structured object sighting reports.

i think there are a wide range of views - especially regarding 'structured craft of unknown origin'

wikipedia did have these two relevant quotes on ball lightning:

Until the 1960s, most scientists argued that ball lightning was not a real phenomenon but an urban myth, despite numerous reports throughout the world.

The presumption of its existence is based on reported public sightings, and has therefore produced somewhat inconsistent findings.

source

edit on 19-6-2015 by aynock because: filled out

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

i was facing SSW 53°N

was very high up in the sky , time date etc above

before i shot the video , i took around 150 pictures at high res , but these all need converting from raw. ill eventually comprise a gif of them

the video.

ill add the *boxedwindowed* video eventually

funbox

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: aynock

I can't tell if we're agreeing or disagreeing here?

BL sightings have been reported to occur next to waterspouts in conditions that generate electrical storms. They've been reported travelling along power lines during electrical storms too. They are typically described as spherical balls of light energy (sometimes crackling/sparking) and their sizes vary. Due to this connection with electrical energy in localised atmospheres, BL will suffice for me as an explanation in those cases.

The video I linked was to show people that floating spheres of light have been recorded and described as BL. I thought the OP would appreciate seeing them for comparison. I made a point that what we call 'BL' has also been called UFOs, ghosts and whatever else - unknowns explaining unknowns.

The wider point I was trying to make was this: just because BL can exist as a floating sphere of light doesn't mean that every floating sphere of light has to be BL. Not everything with two wings has to be a bird, right?

When it comes to UFO sightings reports, some people are very quick to bring BL in as an explanation. What I was trying to say is that it's like explaining an unknown with an unknown and that the same evidence that forms a consensus is skewed.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I can't tell if we're agreeing or disagreeing here?

discussing?

BL sightings have been reported to occur next to waterspouts in conditions that generate electrical storms. They've been reported travelling along power lines during electrical storms too. They are typically described as spherical balls of light energy (sometimes crackling/sparking) and their sizes vary. Due to this connection with electrical energy in localised atmospheres, BL will suffice for me as an explanation in those cases.

ok, but it's a very unscientific explanation imo - it doesn't really explain what's going on, and there's no way to decide whether any given object/sighting is ball lightning or not

The video I linked was to show people that floating spheres of light have been recorded and described as BL. I thought the OP would appreciate seeing them for comparison. I made a point that what we call 'BL' has also been called UFOs, ghosts and whatever else - unknowns explaining unknowns.

that was my point - ufo and bl are both terms with no explanatory power

Not everything with two wings has to be a bird, right?

agreed - but we have ways of deciding whether something is a bird or not

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Lets be honest there was very little ball lightning in that video it was obvious that some parts of that video were birds.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

If we're being honest, I wish I'd never entered the thread lol.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: erno86

Of course...my superluminal [faster than the speed of light] estimate is based on the fact that the foofighter arrived at our star system, with the only possibility that the starship must be capable of superluminal speeds, or it [foofighter] would have never made it here from another star system.

Thanks for that. Not sure about the above though. What makes you believe the ufo orbs are from another star system? Why can't they be as native to this planet as we are? I watched them at close range once (pair of amber/orange type) and as I viewed the one to the right it literally very slowly turned itself out, just like turning a gas lamp out, then in the same place very slowly appeared agin a minute later. So this may mean they are down here around us all the time and not foreign to this planet. I know how incredibly timid they are and do take so much encouragement to bring them closer to you, indeed much positive thought helps. So there is the possibility that they are here and share this planet with humanity, we just can't see them unless they 'turn up the gas' so to speak

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Thanks for the replies, but on second thought....my summation of my nighttime foofighter [I like to coin the word foofighter as one word, like the F-105 Starfighter, 1950's U.S. jet fighter and to differentiate from the band called the Foo Fighters,] sighting in 1976, has made me conclude that I was observing aerial technology not of this earth.

edit on 21-6-2015 by erno86 because: grammar

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I seen what I thought was a star, drop down at an eerie speed and just stop. It went from being in the atmosphere to being right above a tree line an just sat there. I didn't want to watch it anymore and walked away.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Very interesting. I used to see orbs when I was a child, red, yellow, but white usually. I would have to turn the light on to get rid of them. They seem to be curious almost like a bug flying around looking for nectar.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

It's just a mass consciousness ball made out of energy. Like the ones that form the crop circles. At least it does look that way:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
After reading a lot of great information here from Zaphod and Astr0, I've moved over into the "legit UFO's are mostly advanced black projects" category of belief. I was previously in the agnostic crowd and basically accepted that I have no idea what they are.

I have a question based on the following personal sighting:

My girlfriend and I were driving on a very rural stretch of 4-lane highway shortly after dark. The specific area has mostly soybean fields and catfish farm ponds. We made this drive often when I was in college. There was about 40 yards of grass between the highway and the tree-line. The skies were clear and the temp was around 75 degrees F.

A green ball of light appeared about 20 feet above the treetops. When I say appeared, I mean it wasn't there and then it was there. It floated straight down toward the trees and as it got closer to the trees, it arched into a horizontal flight path and floated past the tree tops out of sight. Size, I would guess 2-3 feet diameter. The ball was not reflecting light, it was glowing with its own light source and the light was consistent over the whole shape. It wasn't emitting a glow around it, that I could tell. The edges were crisp like it was a solid round shape, not just a blob of light. It looked like this glow in the dark bouncy ball:

We were both quiet at the time and a few seconds after we passed it, my GF asked "did you see that?" I said "yep". "What was it?" I replied "I think we just saw a UFO." We both saw exactly the same thing.

The flight characteristics suggest that it was under intelligent control. Its movement seemed very deliberate. I've seen plenty of photos of ball lightening, and it was not that.

My question is, if UFO sightings can mostly be chalked up to secret military aircraft... what the hell are the balls of light?

I have seen exactly the same thing, it was a long time ago, around 1975-6, in Goiania, Brazil. I was 10 years old and that sight has been on my mind since then. Two friends who were standing beside me also saw it. It was a perfect green phosphorus sphere without any trail, sparkles, glow or sound. It had a slow descending diagonal trajectory until it disappeared behind the tree line. It was a clear night with no clouds. The green ball was two times bigger than a full moon. It took 40 years and internet technology to find someone who had the same experience. How great is that?!

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Patrycjusz

It's just a mass consciousness ball made out of energy. Like the ones that form the crop circles. At least it does look that way:

www.youtube.com...

So the dutch man claims he sees them often so there should be some top class video then but as usual the answer is no.

The most famous video claiming to show orbs making a crop circle was a hoax and has been posted here a few times.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join