It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's First Penis Transplant Patient To Be A Father!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The worlds first successful penis transplant patient has gotten his girlfriend pregnant! The patent's doctor confirmed the news today and said that the organ is functioning.

The recipient of the world's first penile transplant will soon be a father, the South African outlet News24 reported on Thursday. The 21-year-old man recently informed his surgeons from Stellenbosch University and Tygerberg Hospital in Cape Town that his girlfriend is pregnant.

The nine-hour operation took place in December of last year, but was not publicly announced until March, since his doctors wanted to see how the patient would recover. Just months after the surgery, the man, who has not been named, reported that he had regained all urinary and sexual functioning with his new penis. Now, his girlfriend's pregnancy confirms its reproductive functioning, Andre van der Merwe, head of Stellenbosch University's division of urology, said in a public lecture, News24 reported.

As a nurse, I think this is very fascinating and is a statement of how far microsurgery and medicine has come over the years. Kudos to the doctor for giving this man a functioning organ and for giving him the gift of fatherhood.

Penis Transplant
edit on 11-6-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I would have thought this operation would have been first completed in New Hampshire.... at Dartmouth HITCHCOCK Medical Center.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Wow, well now please hold onto your private parts for this bit of info....

Head transplant patient to speak with surgeons about the proceedure

Yeah and I thought attaching a penis was weird science... We had scientists try to do this in the past, some tried to put monkey and dog heads on humans and vice versa.

Maybe they can and if so, I'm worried about a new crime wave of body snatching

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
welp all the transgenders will be so happy to see this. Now they just need to figure out how to clone functional testicals and a woman could indeed become a man. After all that is said and done, The population will be ripe from condititioning to accept full human clones. Which was always the ultimate goal of those who want transgenderism to be premoted.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

edit on 11-6-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
a reply to: lovebeck

Wow, well now please hold onto your private parts for this bit of info....

Head transplant patient to speak with surgeons about the proceedure

Yeah and I thought attaching a penis was weird science... We had scientists try to do this in the past, some tried to put monkey and dog heads on humans and vice versa.

Maybe they can and if so, I'm worried about a new crime wave of body snatching

So he would be a talking head?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I wonder if they charged by the inch?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

heh, if he lives through it.

I'm not so sure I believe the hype from the doctor, since many doctors have issues attaching hands, but here we are talking about a penis attachment working as it should so... who am I to not say they've made head way...

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
My next question is "how do you lose a penis" to even need a transplant. They usually are firmly attached.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Can I have a bigger one

Also id like to just eliminate all six months of this process from my memory.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
My next question is "how do you lose a penis" to even need a transplant. They usually are firmly attached.

you have a "Detachable Penis".

www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-6-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: Penus to Penis. I thought the DETACHABLE PENIS SONG WAS THE DETACHABLE PENUS SONG.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
A 'functioning organ' does not an orgasm make.

How was it for you?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hopefully the child is his.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

That's something I try really hard not to think about. You know...power tools...chainsaws.... pissed off wives....

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
PLOT TWIST: She cheated.

Kidding (kind of) aside..... This is a huge breakthrough. I hate to think of why he needed a transplant in the first place....

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
i'm really glad for this guy in S.A. and his family, but this thread is double entendre city and its fun.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

you have a "Detachable Penis".

www.youtube.com...

Then perhaps he just misplaced it. Be a shame to find it under the couch after all the pain and suffering to get a new one.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
not being funny but every time this man urinates he is holding someone else's manhood,can this also be classed as cheating as it was not his manhood that actually impregnated her,i rather like my own im not sure how i would cope with someone else's

er where the testicles his???
edit on 11-6-2015 by stuthealien because: testicles

if they are not his testicles did they empty them first????????????????
edit on 11-6-2015 by stuthealien because: empty them

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Does this transplant include the testicles? Because if they're not his testicles then that's not his children(biologically).
Another question. Where did the penis come from? A dead guy? Just imagine your penis being used to impregnate women long after you're dead.
edit on 11-6-2015 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Not to rain on the parade here, but has it been verified as his child? It's not like this would be the first time a guy got all excited that he was going to be a dad, and it was later discovered that mom had an affair.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join