It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Nukes Could Be Deployed to UK to Target Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

The British Foreign Secretary just went on the BBC to say he thinks it may not be a bad idea.

In his recent appeareance on BBC Philip Hammond, Britain’s Foreign Secretary, raised the spectre of US nuclear weapons being deployed to Europe and specifically Britain in order to “send a clear signal to Russia”.

wakeupfromyourslumber.com...

“We would look at the case. We work extremely closely with the Americans.”

“That would be a decision that we would make together if that proposition was on the table.”

“We would look at all the pros and the cons and come to a conclusion.”

The pros and cons of pushing Russia into the arms of China.

Okay, let's think about that.

edit on 10-6-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Americans Sign Petition To NUKE Russia.
21stcenturywire.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Anything involving nukes isn't just a bad idea, it's an act of war.

Russia's people aren't doing what putin is doing, putin is doing what putin is doing, so why nuke russia? Why not hire hitman or plan a assassination.
edit on 10-6-2015 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What would make you think they aren't already there?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka
The pros and cons of pushing Russia into the arms of China.

Okay, let's think about that.

Russia isn't exactly all cuddly wuddly with the US/West as it is.

China and Russia have been cozy for a while now, Weapons deals, Resource deals, Pipelines

What would change?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Woooow, but why the public opinion is soo wonder?!

Russia has rockets able to hit Warsaw, Berlin, Kyiv, Ryga, Wilnus.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I would think that moving nukes to the UK would be considered a very big threat and potentially seen as an act of aggression leading to a war. If war DOES break out over something like this, then NOT using the nukes would be seen as weakness. I hope they think on their position a LOT before they make a decision on this. It would be a lose/lose situation.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
yah cause we need another cuban missile crisis.. right

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Another reason to suspect the elections in the UK and US are totally fraudulent.

The war mongers and profit machines don't want to trust important decisions to popular elections. In no way are these groups invested in democracy of any kind. The citizens might actually try to avoid war , conflict, belligerent militarism.

No. That simply won't do.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Nuclear weapons are an unacceptable option in any and all situations. I despise nukes and would like to see them banned internationally. If I were President I would disarm all of our nuclear weapons and hope that we can set an example for the rest of the world. I would never launch them even if I had them at my disposal.

Clearly I feel very strongly about the horror of nuclear war.

edit on 2015/6/10 by Metallicus because: face

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Well if that's the case, it won't be too long before a Topol-M missile with an 800kt warhead lands in London and kills everything in an around it(including me). Getting killed by a nuke becomes more and more feasable.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
If the current UK government is prepared to hold a referendum on our long term future, related to EU membership, then I am bloody certain that the UK public would demand a referendum on something so seemingly detrimental to our short term future. As this would surely be.
I do not think the public would stand for it really. The days of being a proxy nuclear aircraft carrier off the coast of Europe died in the 80's, I for one would not like to see them back.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Another reason to suspect the elections in the UK and US are totally fraudulent.

The war mongers and profit machines don't want to trust important decisions to popular elections. In no way are these groups invested in democracy of any kind. The citizens might actually try to avoid war , conflict, belligerent militarism.

No. That simply won't do.

Democracy is a euphemism Fascism & Feudalism. It is a mild or indirect word or expression substituted for one considered to be too harsh or blunt when referring to something unpleasant or embarrassing.

The war mongers and Money Junkies love fooling the populace with the illusion of democracy. It is, and always has been, a cover for war and a great way for the oligarch to remain hidden behind the curtain of political power.

“A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.” Thomas Jefferson

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” John Adams

“But government in which the majority rule in all cases can not be based on justice, even as far as men understand it.” Henry David Thoreau

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I don't know what Putin expected would happen. If he keeps throwing around the N-word it was only going to be a matter of time before the West did as well. I don't see anything actually coming from this though. It's just rhetoric to counter Russian rhetoric.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

War is coming.

People who see that are positioning themselves.

It is not that "things" are changing as much
as it is the SPY GAME is accelerating. This
is a new Cold War and weapons race that
will continue to accelerate.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Great, so now the conservative party want to increase our chances of being a target by accepting American nukes. Fantastic
I wish the government would stop burying other people nuke waste in England, badly, and not allow others to put their nukes here

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Nuclear weapons are an unacceptable option in any and all situations. I despise nukes and would like to see them banned internationally. If I were President I would disarm all of our nuclear weapons and hope that we can set an example for the rest of the world. I would never launch them even if I had them at my disposal.

Clearly I feel very strongly about the horror of nuclear war.

Thankfully you will never be President.

I'm not arguing against the horrors of an all out nuclear war but disarming a country and hoping the rest of the world does the same is a bit naive.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
If a nuke is sent to Russia from UK soil, the Americans won't have the retaliation it will be the UK. I would do the same if I was in power in america. Problem is from the UK so I don't want this to happen. They are already sending planes into our airspace to see if strategic moves like this are already being implemented. If your gonna threaten em, don't use the us as a shield.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It all comes down to first strike capabilities.

The secret cold war has gone on, and is all about achieving first strike capabilities, with a viable plan to defeat the enemy, within marginal, projected losses.

We are closer to the brink here than you may be thinking.

imo

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I was sure the UK had the Ohio Class Submarine with D5 nuclear missiles/warheads aboard. Oh, the UK has 225 stockpiled nuclear warheads according to Wikipedia.

And here is Ploughshares Nuclear Stockpile report.

ETA: The morons in the video thinking a pre-emptive nuclear strike would be ok is just disturbing!

edit on 10/6/15 by spirit_horse because: typos

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join