It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Televangelist Creflo Dollar Will Get His $65 Million Private Jet, Ministry Says

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Creflo Dollar doesn’t need your help buying a $65 million luxury jet -- not when his international ministry team has promised to buy him one.

The board of directors behind the popular televangelist's nonprofit organization World Changers Church International has reaffirmed its support for him -- and his dream of purchasing a luxury Gulfstream G650 jet.

The WCCI said its pastors are committed to “aggressive travel schedules” to destinations around the world, which can’t be fulfilled by any means other than a private airplane.

“A long-range, high-speed, intercontinental jet aircraft is a tool that is necessary in order to fulfill the mission of the ministry,” the board said in a statement. “We plan to acquire a Gulfstream G650 because it is the best, and it is a reflection of the level of excellence at which this organization chooses to operate."

Dollar is a well-known proponent of the prosperity gospel, a Christian teaching that suggests God wants all Christians to be prosperous and that material wealth is a sign of God’s favor.

He sparked criticism earlier this year after reportedly launching “Project G650,” asking followers to donate $300 each to fund the effort, according to The Washington Post. His team quickly shut that campaign down, but Dollar didn’t stop dreaming. In fact, he later defended his plans, saying that “with God all things are possible to him that believe.”
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Folks am I in the wrong line of work??.. c'mon I fly coach and Iam pretty leggy, am I just jealous that he get to recline in his own bed while enroute to somewhere exotic, maybe I should give up my agnostic ways which is fence sitting anyway and become a true blue believer after all things really work out for this guy and others like him, I wouldn't even have to pay taxes on my business..err churches, Creflo beat back the negative responses when he first tried to get his flock of sheep?? to buy him that shiny new top shelf jet that gwad want him to have, so what was all that nonsense about camel through the eye of a needle and a rich dude getting into heaven..??
edit on 9-6-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Why oh why do people need massive churches and stuff to pray in? you don't need a church or a priest or any clergy to pray to God.
The whole world is a church.
I don't trust any clergy especially ones who ask for money.
Disgusting really isn't it 65 million...how many people could that actually help.
Hope the engines fall off mid flight as an act of God.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Maybe a group of people should start a fundraiser to purchase an AIM-9 Sidewinder missile and a pilot to agree to deliver it to this jet once it is airborne.

ID

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
His followers should tell him, "Hell no, I can't get prosperity sending you my $300!"

edit on b000000302015-06-09T10:13:44-05:0010America/ChicagoTue, 09 Jun 2015 10:13:44 -05001000000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

The guy's name is "Dollar"... He is known for his "gospel of wealth".

he owns two Rolls-Royces, a private jet, and real estate such as a million-dollar home in Atlanta, a $2.5 million home in Demarest, New Jersey, and a $2.5 million home in Manhattan,[13] which he sold for $3.75 million in 2012.[14] Dollar has refused to disclose his salary. Creflo Dollar Ministries received a grade of "F" for financial transparency by the organization Ministry Watch.[13][15]

Make that a $70 million private jet. Praise the Lord!

He fully brings home the conspiracy theory put forth in this thread: How Big Business Invented the Theology of 'Christian Libertarianism'

Source

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I don't know whether this is a testament to how smart some people can be...

Or how irrevocably stupid a lot of people can be...

& in turn I don't know whether to ask "how does he sleep at night"...

Or to just say "well done".

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I'm sure he sleeps right through with the help of all that money he hugs every night.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It's people like this con artist that should be taxed. Anyone that follows this guy clearly has never read the bible. At least if there is a heaven he won't be there dirtying up the place.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

The guy's name is "Dollar"... He is known for his "gospel of wealth".

he owns two Rolls-Royces, a private jet, and real estate such as a million-dollar home in Atlanta, a $2.5 million home in Demarest, New Jersey, and a $2.5 million home in Manhattan,[13] which he sold for $3.75 million in 2012.[14] Dollar has refused to disclose his salary. Creflo Dollar Ministries received a grade of "F" for financial transparency by the organization Ministry Watch.[13][15]

Make that a $70 million private jet. Praise the Lord!

He fully brings home the conspiracy theory put forth in this thread: How Big Business Invented the Theology of 'Christian Libertarianism'

Source

An apt link thanks for sharing , no wonder is it that many young Americans are non committal about religion they can smell the bs their parents can't.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

What a cunning stunt.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I don't know whether this is a testament to how smart some people can be...

Or how irrevocably stupid a lot of people can be...

I guess you could call deceit, manipulation, insincerity, deviousness and taking advantage of a trusting following - "smart" - but I wouldn't. As for the people who fall for his spiel, I certainly can't speak for their intelligence, awareness, or even connection to reality. The willingness of the masses to be manipulated simply astounds me!

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Talk about hypocrisy.

I think that spreading the word about this purchase to his devoted presumably Christian followers would be enough to discredit him.

Although, his name actually is Dollar so, maybe not.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Well we can post our objections directly to his facebook page.

www.facebook.com...

I for one hope that jet crashes into one of his multi-million dollar homes.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Well I did wonder what percentage have been taken advantage of as opposed to just being gullible enough to believe these false prophets...
I resigned myself to the assumption that it's not many...

Smart does seem like I was giving praise...
But it's not necessarily a compliment.

In all honesty there is a lot of smart, evil people.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Talk about hypocrisy.

I think that spreading the word about this purchase to his devoted presumably Christian followers would be enough to discredit him.

Not a freaking chance, folks will forgive priest, pastors and holy monks any transgression and this purchase is not even viewed by most as a transgression but a blessing.
edit on 9-6-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I wonder how many churches and pastors etc there would be If we taxed them like a business.
I guess many would find another scam.
edit on 9-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Sadly a lot of this money comes from the elderly and the infirm.

Many who's last hope is Faith, and this scum plays that angle to the max.

There has to be a special place in hell for him and all his ilk.

Boymonkey74, I don't agree with you very often on matters of Faith, but I think you are dead on with this post!

Why oh why do people need massive churches and stuff to pray in? you don't need a church or a priest or any clergy to pray to God.
The whole world is a church.
I don't trust any clergy especially ones who ask for money.
Disgusting really isn't it 65 million...how many people could that actually help.
Hope the engines fall off mid flight as an act of God.

To have a relationship with your Maker there is no building or Clergy required.
So sad to think what that 65 million could have gone towards.

And to con it out of the most vulnerable of society.....due to T&C's I'll

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
I wonder how many churches and pastors etc there would be If we taxed them like a business.
I guess many would find another scam.

I fully support Churches paying tax too.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I wasn't aware of who his target audience is...

I left that up to my imagination.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Talk about hypocrisy.

I saw some video of him actually ASKING for the $$$$ FOR the plane.

I'll look for the video.

ETA: This is his 'official' sob story for a new plane.

Creflo Dollar - Official Fundraising Video for $65 Million Dollar Private Jet

edit on 6 9 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join