It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wales is going to ban E-Cigs in enclosed public places.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Ismynameimportant

The thing is that I agree with indoor smoking bans, but e-cig vapor just isn't the same thing. I have friends who get the custom vaporizers that exhale the huge clouds of vape. The only thing you notice with them is that the room starts to smell like whatever flavor they have and that's really it.

Agreed.
I had to smoke an e-ciggy because I ran out of backy and it was some horrible flavour
that nearly made me spew the pint of snake bite i just consumed

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

a reply to: SlapMonkey

Fair enough. I don't think e-cigs have been around to adequately conduct a reliable long-term study on them. It's just annoying that governments are insisting on legislating on them without any scientific evidence backing them up. Bans and restrictions like this almost ALWAYS start off by the government jumping the gun on science and legislating by how they THINK the substance works.

Oh, I agree completely there--I think adults should be able to make their own decisions, which include what they put into their bodies and, if something is happening in public that they don't like, choosing to go somewhere else at that point in time.

I have asthma, and I still think that government-mandated smoking bans are overreach...and there's plenty of evidence to support their reasoning, I just don't think it's their job to protect me or my family from cigarette smoke. Same with e-cigs.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

4.6 more children, probably.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Well with smoke, it tends to sit in a room much easier and becomes a cloud. Indoor smoking bans make sense in that regard since the building may have bad circulation, but with vapor, the vapor dissipates rather quickly into the air and doesn't linger. Even the vapes with the heaviest clouds of vapor dissipate the cloud of vapor within seconds. To treat vaporizers like cigarettes is disingenuous since they don't behave the same way.

PS: I happen to like indoor smoking bans btw. They allow me to hang out with my friends at the bar without having to leave within an hour or two because I can't breathe. Before they banned smoking indoors in Maryland, I could barely ever go out for long periods of time.
edit on 9-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Sorry, I meant to specify the outdoor, smoking-in-public bans that some cities and maybe even states have implemented.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the lack of lingering smoke indoors, but I think it should be up to the owner of the establishment to allow it or prohibit it.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Sorry, I meant to specify the outdoor, smoking-in-public bans that some cities and maybe even states have implemented.

Yea, those are largely pretty stupid. Smoke dissipates rather quickly in the open air.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the lack of lingering smoke indoors, but I think it should be up to the owner of the establishment to allow it or prohibit it.

That's the thing, most will allow it, and many won't make sure they have proper ventilation in the building. It really isn't like anyone loses any business for forcing people to go outside though. It takes like 5 minutes to smoke a cigarette then you can come back inside. Like I said, I really like these provisions, but outdoor smoking bans and e-cig bans are ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Ismynameimportant

The thing is that I agree with indoor smoking bans, but e-cig vapor just isn't the same thing. I have friends who get the custom vaporizers that exhale the huge clouds of vape. The only thing you notice with them is that the room starts to smell like whatever flavor they have and that's really it.

I think you're thinking of hookah

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

The tobacco companies make the e-cigs so your logic is flawed.

If you want to carry on using that's entirely your choice and I respect that.

I'm glad you know exactly what processes and chemicals are going into the liquid which is going into your body.

Most people don't understand the manufacturing process and just believe what they read/hear.

My advice is start making your own - even then there are no controls or standards involved. (When I say standards I mean legislation).

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Your understanding is misled. Most people's understanding of these devices and chemicals is. I won't change anybody's mind on this topic, that's fine. See you back in this thread in a few years. Unless you make your own fluid then you're not only inhaling 3 chemicals. You think they use real strawberry juice?

One piece of advice: Research for yourself where the fluid comes from and the studies which have recently begun to investigate what is in these fluids.

Problem is quitting smoking is so hard that people have found solstice in this device - more fool them.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Okay so here is my take on the e-cig debate all of it is my own experience, the good the bad and the ugly...

e-cigs are a god send to me, I know my health has improved since making the switch, I cycle to work, while smoking ciggys I would be gasping for breath riding up the hill near my house and now I glide up with ease, I breath a little bit heavier but it seems normal.

With that said I was at home the other day vaping away and sunlight was coming through the blinds and I was surprised to see a haze of vapour floating in the air, it does linger much longer than I imagined and that vapour will include nicotine... Is it as bad as ciggy smoke? No I don't think so but I also don't think others should have to breath it in if they don't want to.

Smokers make me laugh because they can't or won't make the switch they come up with all kinds of non-sense to make out vaping is as bad or sometimes worse that smoking pmsl... They say there have been no studies, yet there have been. I read one where they found trace amounts of femaldehide (sorry can't spell), but this is one carcinagen compared to hundreds in a ciggy! Not to mention the tar! lol... Just get a tissue and breath your ciggy into it, then do the same with vape! lool

Still, I always recommend getting good quality kit when getting an ecig! Don't just buy the cheapest. You'll spend more in the end and open yourself to getting dodgey liquids.

Happy vaping!

edit on 10-6-2015 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Good. -Grumpy Cat

Anyone with half a functioning brain cell knows that tobacco companies are licking their chops at the thought of another means by which to addict hapless potential cigarettes addicts. In this case: E-cigarettes.

These things have yet to be even scientifically proven to reduce the effects of nicotine addiction beyond the incidental fact of the tobacco not being burnt before inhalation. No studies have been conducted to prove they wean smokers of traditional death sticks, nor has it been assessed as to whether such 'fashionable' alternatives actually serve as a gateway for future smoking addiction.

Not unlike concerning GMO foods or putting mobile phones to one's ear, only idiots adopt that which directly affects one's health and well-being before rigorously testing its short, medium and long term offshoots.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
"Nice vape cloud, bro ... check out my new rig..."

People that are really into vaping annoy me to no end. Every time I see them their vapes are larger and more elaborate and they won't shut up about them.

Pretty soon their vape devices will have flashy disco/rave lights and play music when they are used, and have smart phone connectivity to let them order more "juice" when it's running low.

*eye roll*

Sorry, I just get annoyed by people that vape. In my experience they carry a "holier than thou" attitude around with them. And for some reason insist on sitting/standing in the smoking areas with people smoking real cigarettes.
edit on 10-6-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Ha yeah bloody improvements and technological advancements! Tusk, who needs those eh? This is the typical smokers envy I was talking about lol...

I always go outside to vape, for one at work they make me go to the smoking area and for two its just common curtesy...

My rig charges my phone, tis very handy lol... Sorry if that annoys you! :p

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Then you shouldn't use perfume, scented soaps, shampoo, sunscreen, hair dye, deodorant, toothpaste, nail polish......
But, of course those are different, right? I mean, you can't get behind a thing like dangerous stuff in every day products, but folks can beat the hell outta that anti smoking drum.

www.alternet.org...

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
People are going to get their nicotine. When you smoke and work in an autobody shop, you learn that cigs aren't that bad. Comparing to the exhaust of burning petroleum, a plant with chemicals vs water vapor with nicotine, isnt much of an argument. I dont think any of us breathe clean air. If you wanna be a clean breathing, organic mofo, go to antarctica

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I fully share your hatred towards the vaping hipsters.

Rest assured that these new large/modded devices heat the element up so much that it burns/releases chemicals/metals into the cloud.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I just smoke natural American Spirit's without any additives. They taste completely diferent than any other brand. I can't smoke any other brand, they simply taste like bathroom cleaning chemicals to me.

On occasion if I can find them, American Spirit also makes organic, additive-free cigarettes. It's amazing how much longer they last when they're not full of fillers.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
interesting

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join