It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wales is going to ban E-Cigs in enclosed public places.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
People will be banned from using e-cigarettes in enclosed places such as restaurants, pubs and at work in Wales, under a new public health law.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Plenty are against the idea including anti smoking organizations like ASH and the Cancer research UK.
It is obvious to me that an E-Cig is better for you and will help give up real cigs.
Barmy this is anyway thoughts?.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

And there was moi thinking e-cigs were harmless...
Maybe the welsh know something we dont.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Ismynameimportant

They say it still makes kids smoke...

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
If you're going to willfully fill your lungs with vaporized chemicals you should only do it in your own home not in public places around other people

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

But ministers say it is a "balance of risk" and will stop children smoking.

So, if the ultimate end and justification is to "save the children", I don't see this stopping at the workplace or public spaces.

Nor do I see e-cigarettes as particularly relevant to this discussion. Just about any behavior could be called into question and banned, private life be damned.

The UK seems willing to go full-on stupid for the sake of social engineering, I honestly hope this doesn't pan out as it necessarily must into increasingly invasive state oversight of non-violent non-criminal behavior.

I don't think anyone could describe such a law as autonomous but, rather decidedly, heteronomous.
edit on 9-6-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

They say it still makes kids smoke...

Lol and Bat think made me think I had "wings like a shield of steel".

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
E-cigs are too good to be true.

Remember, you heard that here first.

They are not harmless. By a long shot. Firstly, they drastically effect the platelet count in your bloodstream.

That is just the beginning.

My opinion? Either smoke or don't, you can't have the best of both worlds.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
E-cigs are too good to be true.

Remember, you heard that here first.

They are not harmless. By a long shot. Firstly, they drastically effect the platelet count in your bloodstream.

That is just the beginning.

My opinion? Either smoke or don't, you can't have the best of both worlds.

I have tried them and honestly, they dont fix my craving and gave me a sore throat.
Im actually thinking of growing my own backy...shooosh

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I tried them and they gave me a tight chest, gave up real cigs about 6 years ago and go for rolling now and I feel better for making the switch.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Heavy metals, uncontrolled lab environments, fillers in the fluid cheaper than nicotine - They're a disaster waiting to happen.

Also, more importantly, smoking looks cool. Sucking a long tube of steam does not.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Yes,my friend is asthmatic and says they are just as bad as cigs... But I have other friends that have given up smoke for vapour,who feel much healthier... It seems a reasonable way to get nicotine in you either way...
Why ban something that has little or no effect on the next person? Seems silly...

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
This is so stupid... E-cig vapor ISN'T the same thing as cigarette smoke. There is no such thing as second-hand vapor. Even if you stood RIGHT next to the person and breathed in their breath (like a shotgun inhale), the effects would be so negligible that you may as well have just kissed the person. You'd get the same effects.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I tried them and they gave me a tight chest, gave up real cigs about 6 years ago and go for rolling now and I feel better for making the switch.

Nothing better than a hand rolled amber leaf...

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Amber leaf I have to leave out to go dry to get a more stronger flavour.
Golden V for me

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
This is so stupid... E-cig vapor ISN'T the same thing as cigarette smoke. There is no such thing as second-hand vapor. Even if you stood RIGHT next to the person and breathed in their breath (like a shotgun inhale), the effects would be so negligible that you may as well have just kissed the person. You'd get the same effects.

I know, it falls upon deaf ears.
Scream till your blue or purple inthe face, them buggers wont listen.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Amber leaf I have to leave out to go dry to get a more stronger flavour.
Golden V for me

Lol

As a teenager I used to dry out Old Holborn because it wasnt strong enough.
That seems like a lifetime ago.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Funily enough, I actualy dont like real cigs and its been 5 years since I bought a pack of 10 BnH.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
It's Amber Leaf for me too; it frequently dries out on me before I've finished a pack, though not out of choice. Can't stand smoking dust, I'd rather throw it away.

Banning e-cigs in public places seems a bit daft from a health point of view, but it gets my vote because they stink. They stink the place out at work, can't stand the bloody things.

And since I have to brave the elements to have a smoke, I think vapers should too. You wouldn't fart in a crowded room, would you?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I bought a 20 pack of Marlborough 9 quid 20p a few weeks back and I still have 8...tasted crap.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

The thing is that I agree with indoor smoking bans, but e-cig vapor just isn't the same thing. I have friends who get the custom vaporizers that exhale the huge clouds of vape. The only thing you notice with them is that the room starts to smell like whatever flavor they have and that's really it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join