It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another 411 missing hiker type event, Chilliwack, BC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Just saw on the news so I googled the story. a man in his 20's jogged past a group saying he's going up to the lake to meet his friends. When his friends got there, he was no where to be seen. 20 hours later, a police helicopter spotted the man up on the rocks. Far from the trail and about 25 minutes from the lake. A mystery to how he got there.

CHILLIWACK, B.C. – Search crews have located the body of a missing hiker in his early 20s in southwestern B.C.

It was a tragic ending to a more-than-20-hour search-and-rescue operation in Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park.

The park is located about 120 kilometres east of Vancouver and 10 km from the U.S. border.

Doug Fraser of Chilliwack Search and Rescue says air support spotted the man’s body in a boulder field far from any trail and that he appears to have died from a fall.

“One of the hikers decided he was going to jog ahead of his two friends and they would meet up at the lake. When the two friends got there, there was no sign of their buddy,” he said Doug Fraser.

“It was a long ways from a trail, and a 25 minute hike from the lake. How he ended up there, why he ended up there, are questions that remain unanswered.”

I put this under crypto because this is exactly like the other stories of missing people in the wilderness related to the bigfoot/national parks scandal. Sure is weird how he ended up dead up on the rocks.
globalnews.ca...

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

The spokesman said he died in the fall either down the steep slope or off the ridge above . Seems more likely he fell off the ridge but I can see why you question how he got there .

So either climbed it .

Or

Strapped a rocket to his ass .

Or

There is indeed a mystery ?????

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I put this under crypto because this is exactly like the other stories of missing people in the wilderness related to the bigfoot/national parks scandal. Sure is weird how he ended up dead up on the rocks.

The body wasn't missing, though.

Are you suggesting this was a body drop?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Seeing as no rocket appears to have been found, I'd guess he climbed it, and tragically, fell.

There's a lesson to be learned here: Don't go hiking/climbing in jogging shoes.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Seeing as no rocket appears to have been found, I'd guess he climbed it, and tragically, fell.

There's a lesson to be learned here: Don't go hiking/climbing in jogging shoes.

I agree with your scenario.

But there is also another lesson to be learned . Don't go off on your own hiking. Always take someone along to talk you out of something very stupid .

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

A lot of Paulides' examples include bodies being found. He argues that the bodies are often found in places they shouldn't have been able to access. In other cases, he argues that the bodies are found in locations further away than they could have gotten to in the time they were missing.

There was a German case where a guy left a bar to go back to friends at a hotel down the street. He was reported missing. His body was found at the foot of a cliff (shoeless) some great distance away. There was no apparent reason why he would have gone walkies at night or how he travelled a few dozen miles on foot. Who knows? The police at the time gave it the German version of death my misadventure iirc.

I only know this because he's an interesting guest on Coast and some of the accounts are both genuine and puzzling.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I didn't hear the spokesman say that, I thought he said they found him in the boulder field, and they didn't know how he got there. My experience of boulder fields is they look like an avalanche of rocks, ranging 1 to 3 football fields in length on the bottom of a mountain.

There's not really anywhere to fall from, unless he sprinted off the trail and straight up the mountain, found a mountain tail, and eventually fell possibly 100's to 1000's of feet to the boulder field? I think if they found him like that, (fallen from a high up cliff) his death would be described as so. But instead it's his body was found in a boulder field. The trail from the clip looked so simple, and especially simple if he said it's just a trail from the parking lot to the lake. So he is at the base regardless, not near anywhere to fall from. So it is kind of weird, but sad, RIP.

I checked out the Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park website to look at trails, but there's a number of lakes at the park, so we don't really know the trails in much detail.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

That's a good point, and in some ways i think it actually says a lot about our culture that we don't actually hear more of them. I remember there being a long history of reports about odd disappearances out in parks and natural areas back when more Americans were actually out spending time there in large groups.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
My friend is running one of the campsites at Chilliwack Lake..interestingly she just gave me her copy of 411 to start reading. She is hoping to run into bigfoot..lol, so far bears and an escaped prisoner is all the excitement.
I will be asking her about this tomorrow and add any interesting info.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Chased by a Bear then fell to his death..?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
this is exactly like the other stories of missing people in the wilderness related to the bigfoot/national parks scandal. Sure is weird how he ended up dead up on the rocks.

The key here is that he seems to have suffered injuries related to a fall. While I do believe some people are attacked by the "natives", there are several cases in which people have disappeared and then been dropped from a great height. Looking at all of the evidence and related cases, it's quite clear that something or someone is targeting people and taking them into some sort of aircraft and then simply throwing them out when they're done with whatever it is they do. Bodies have been found in remote, inaccessible areas, having suffered injuries consistent with falling from a great height, with no possibility as to how they got there other than that they were thrown out of an aircraft.
edit on 6/8/2015 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

never over estimate the capacity of males 15 ~30 to :

dream up radical " short cuts "

investigate " something gnarly "

think " i could climb that "

ponder " whats the view like from .................... "

and vere off piste without equiment or support - then find things go tits up

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

As a male (barely) in that category, I must concur.

Edit: Minus, of course, the "radical" and "gnarly". If I ever utter such words (except in jest), I hope somebody swiftly punches me in the face.
edit on 6/8/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

As the many mysterious reported deaths/missing persons in national parks, without more info on the condition, way he was dressed, and other details, it's hard to know if he fell under Paulides' criteria. I have listened to most of C2C shows featuring Dave as a guest, and reports filed are eerie and unsettling to say the least. The stories featuring missing children are the ones that twist my guts.

With the number of cases reported that are similar in details, and fit the criteria Paulides put forth, leaves the reader/listener with an unsettled conclusion: something disturbing is happening over and over to missing people in our national forests, and it is being ignored or whitewashed by forest service hierarchy.

I am not claiming the op's person is a victim like the cases put forth by Paulides, there isn't enough info at this time to make that leap.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
This is definitely one for missing 411. There's no reason why this guy would be found where he was, how he was. The guy on tv even looks dumbfounded. And boulder fields are very prevalent in paulides theory.....this to me is just more proof that there's something in state parks that we should very much worry about.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
How do we know the friends didn't climb up with him and shove him off the cliff?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

While I do know there are crypto creatures that can kill

Even alien hunters in rare instances.

It is more likely the guy was running from a bear or mountain lion and ended in a bad place.

The real question is why didn't he carry weapons to protect himself.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
How do we know the friends didn't climb up with him and shove him off the cliff?

Yup I would have a talk with those guys just in case.

Police doesn't really care, unless your dad is a member of parliament, police don't care too much.
edit on 8-6-2015 by Nowornevertill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
If the guy was really running from a bear or big cat, it would have caught him real quick. You don't get to run very far from an aggressive predator and not get chewed on.
It's a definite mystery. Need more data.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Nowornevertill

There's no way he got ran down by a predator. The guy even points out that the trail is only about 900 ft or 900yards long I can't remember, but even so he said it's a heavily traveled path. So much so you can see it on his face when he has no idea how this guy died where he did. And if you look at the boulders where he died from a fall, how the hell did he fall? The Boulder field is not steep at all.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join