It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best tornado picture ever?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
This picture popped up earlier ,I just had to come post it. I don't know if it is real but the guy who took it is claiming it is.
twitter.com...

If it is, its the best tornado picture I have ever seen,

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Sorry, but that looks very fake to me. Where is this supposed to have occurred, perhaps you could provide more details if there are any available.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

according to the tweet Simla, Colorado. No idea if it's real but he does take awesome photos, just went and looked through his pictures.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
No reason to think it must be fake. There are enough people chasing storms that eventually some nice pics will be taken.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This has to be shopped, but it's cool! I saw the vid of this twister on the news, not nearly as impressive!

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Website

Looks like he is into storm chasing during the season.

I think what it is that makes it look fake maybe is the material it's sucking up. The spout could be over a plowed field which contrasts badly with the green fields in the foreground. That and he should have masked the spout from sharpening which is a bit of an error in my opinion. But then if its sharpened for print its probably fine in print.
edit on 6/5/2015 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The "photo" has a website in its lower right hand corner. That site does not exist when spelled with 3 letter s as in the pic.

However, with only 2 letter s, that person does have a website, and is a photographer, and has photographed storms.

But the picture shown does not appear on his website.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: oletimer

I don't see it there either. Is this not his twitter though?

ETA: From his twitter it says it was taken today, so it would not be on his webpage.
edit on 5-6-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Looks like a Mexican Taquito in a plate of blue corn mush

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It was a real twister, and it did happen today. My guess is he enhanced the photo via photoshop, but this event did happen. I live in southern Colorado, saw the vid of it, but it wasn't that stunning. I have no doubt the photo was taken, but I really don't think it looked quite like the pic in the OP. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm not seeing this pic in any of the local feeds.
edit on 5-6-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Went to his site and noticed he loves using HDR imaging. That gives everything that grainy, disjointed look that can make things appear to be fake.
I'm sure that the material is quite real, but clearly he shopped the hell out of it to make it an uber spectacular image.

Very nice.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
So would it be safe to say that this photo is based on real events?

I love the photo personally, I like the fact that there is clarity in some parts and not in others, draws my attention to the spout and those striking spirals.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

So would it be safe to say that this photo is based on real events?

Yep! Confirmed 100% from my end.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

"We're not in Kansas anymore darlin'. This here Nader can't hurt us baby, now hold on to my britches, you Hear?"
Trailer park gets relocated to the 21st century and must now pay tax for land that is free, Eminent Domain
edit on 5-6-2015 by WolfBytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I don't think this video can be embedded on ATS, but if anyone wants to see the video of this twister, it's right here on the KKTV
home page. Watch it soon because they always update the page, the link will be gone within a day or so.

Linky, click here

(scroll down just a tad)
edit on 5-6-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

It is a cool picture but it just looks so much more like a watercolor painting. I didn't mean to question the validity of the event itself. There was not enough information provided when I first viewed it, but I do not take tornadoes lightly at all. I have seen firsthand the devastation they cause.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Thanks for sharing that. Okay, so best enhanced version of a real tornado might be the best way to put it!

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

That's a nice image but the problem with modern photography is that it's always shopped to some degree.

Beautiful blue skies, turquiose oceans, misty flowing water - kind of makes normal photography insignificant.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I love photography and I'm also a weather nerd, but this looks photoshopped. I'm not that familiar with Photoshop but I've seen a lot of great tornado pics as I follow some of the well known storm chasers. Definitely an awesome picture as far as photography goes but I doubt it's "natural." Thanks for sharing though. Makes me want to go storm chasing which is one of my goals.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I think it's a real pic, but was put through photoshop a couple times to enhance it before uploading it.

<<   2 >>

join