It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the spring offensive begun in the Ukraine ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Reports coming out of the Ukraine from the Donetsk Area. Claim that the rebels have violated the Minsk agreement. By beginning a spring offensive .

The Ukrainian government reported tank, artillery and Grad attacks around the Mariinka and Georgiivka areas.

Taking into consideration the May reports of Russia troops amassing on Ukrainian border . And this year looks again to be very troubling for the Ukraine .

Ukraine's army on Wednesday accused pro-Russian forces of launching a big new attack against government positions in breach of a shaky ceasefire. Rebel forces began a "large-scale offensive against Ukrainian positions" close to the separatist stronghold of Donetsk at 0400 local time (0100 GMT) using about a dozen tanks and up to a thousand troops, Ukraine's General Staff said in statement.

source

I will say that the Ukrainian rebels are resilient . They keep attacking spring summer fall. Then in the winter they build new military equipment that is exactly like Russian equipment .

edit on 3-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Hey that reminds me of a song! Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall...You've got a friend! To bad they can't just get along!

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualKat33

Maybe they should hold peace conferences with James Taylor playing in the background . i've never met anybody that could get mad while listening to James Taylor .

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I believe Russia will certainly push the rest of the way into the Ukraine, perhaps entirely this year. Ukraine represents alot...it is the bread basket of the former Soviet Union as well as the obvious European gateway for Caspian and Black Sea resources.

The connection to your previous thread is there and I leaen firmly in that direction. ..only my propaganda radar is finely tuned regarding anything Ukranian or Syrian...two countries I consider intimately embroiled in the same natural resources control/delivery push.
Eta: Thecreason I keep bringingvup Syria...is its becoming all to obvious national interests using "rebels" to do their fighting avoiding international scrutiny as long as possible. These forces seem to me to be Russian where forces in areas of the Syrian confluct are known to be fed by the USA...

a chamge in tactics within the information age has occured.

edit on 3-6-2015 by BlueJacket because: eta

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

If Mariopul falls, some people will continue to insist it was America's doing, even as the Russian flag is being run up over City Hall.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Is this a joke?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianAmericanJew

There is war since 2014!

50 000 of special forces troops were waiting in Sochi after Olimpics.

Everyday more and more russian troops are involved into war with their 'brothers'.

Ukraine, Syria, Yemen ... they are just points where US and Russia are met.

Conflicts are for insolvent and bankrupt countries. Mhmm US since 1913.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Be specific please?a reply to: RussianAmericanJew

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Move along .... nothing to see here. Just Russian soldiers on holiday.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

And bring the peace pipe!

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
I believe Russia will certainly push the rest of the way into the Ukraine, perhaps entirely this year. Ukraine represents alot...it is the bread basket of the former Soviet Union as well as the obvious European gateway for Caspian and Black Sea resources.

The connection to your previous thread is there and I leaen firmly in that direction. ..only my propaganda radar is finely tuned regarding anything Ukranian or Syrian...two countries I consider intimately embroiled in the same natural resources control/delivery push.
Eta: Thecreason I keep bringingvup Syria...is its becoming all to obvious national interests using "rebels" to do their fighting avoiding international scrutiny as long as possible. These forces seem to me to be Russian where forces in areas of the Syrian confluct are known to be fed by the USA...

a chamge in tactics within the information age has occured.

Yes the US is involved in a proxy war in Syria . The difference I see is that Russia is invested far more heavily in the Ukrainian theater .

And although the suffering of the Syrian people is horrible. The threat for a large full-scale war in Europe is far more troubling .

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianAmericanJew
Is this a joke?

Great post you deserve a star !!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I entirely agree that the chance of a larger conflagration certainly seems eminent. reply to: Greathouse

edit on 3-6-2015 by BlueJacket because: damn phone

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

If Mariopul falls, some people will continue to insist it was America's doing, even as the Russian flag is being run up over City Hall.

I had always wondered why the west didn't take a bigger stance against the Russian propagandist on the Internet . At this point I believe that they knew everyone would figure them out sooner or later .

Now I kind of you it like the Star Wars weapons program. Just about everybody realizes that the Russian troll army is a fact . So the west has very little problem with Russia spending billions needlessly on them.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Be specific please?a reply to: RussianAmericanJew

The source is not even listed, the authors are Dmytro Gorshkov with Yulia Silina, this is supposedly them;

www.dailystar.com.lb...

www.dailystar.com.lb...

www.online.sundaytimes.lk...

www.chinapost.com.tw...

Lebanon, Sri Lanka, China? Is this a joke? Are those even real names?

No social media, not a single picture of any of them, and the only other source that lists them is getty images with photos of the Azov battalion, and since Azov are Nazis that specifically hunt and kill reporters, I have to doubt that those photos were taken by independent journalists and not Kievs state media.

That article is not even a hack job, it's a complete state propaganda fabrication, is this the kind of material that passes for news on ATS? How about some North Korean news, or Islamic State daily, or Jihadi Terrorist weekly, that will fit right in.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Ukraine is now using Heavy artillery, after the peace agreement, so I would say that is an escalation in war. some 60 civilians were seriously wounded and 5 in critical, earlier today, this came from a medical worker in eastern Ukraine.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

originally posted by: DJW001

I had always wondered why the west didn't take a bigger stance against the Russian propagandist on the Internet . At this point I believe that they knew everyone would figure them out sooner or later .

Now I kind of you it like the Star Wars weapons program. Just about everybody realizes that the Russian troll army is a fact . So the west has very little problem with Russia spending billions needlessly on them.

Oh I see how it is, if I disagree with you from right here in Portland Oregon, then I'm a Russian troll.

How about you call up a SWAT team so they can execute me right here against the wall of my own house and just get it over with. That's what you want for the ones that disagree with you, right? Anybody who is against Russia is good, anybody who doesn't buy into fear based anti-Russian hysteria is a communist and needs to be shot, isn't that the game?

Even though I grew up in America as a kid, I was born in Russia, have family in Russia, I don't appreciate your blatant anti-Russian fear mongering, and my American Passport says that I don't have to either.
edit on 3-6-2015 by RussianAmericanJew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

This is a report from Ukrainian stand point.

What are you trying to say ? That there are no military operations going on now or that the report is biased ?

Check pro rebel sites and you will see that there are indeed heavy fightings going on in the region.

As for who started it, I'm not sure. There was heavy shelling on Donetzk and Gorlovka last day/night. I wouldn't be surprised if rebel forces would start an offensive, yet we may never know who started this round of fighting.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik

This is a report from Ukrainian stand point.

What are you trying to say ? That there are no military operations going on now or that the report is biased ?

Check pro rebel sites and you will see that there are indeed heavy fightings going on in the region.

As for who started it, I'm not sure. There was heavy shelling on Donetzk and Gorlovka last day/night. I wouldn't be surprised if rebel forces would start an offensive, yet we may never know who started this round of fighting.

Denying ignorance means CHECKING SOURCES, doing which on ATS will apparently get you labeled as a troll. This is nuts.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Glassbender777

Actually there are claims that the separatist also used artillery and grad rockets in their offenses .

The information about artillery used by the Ukraine was from their own government. They're telling the truth another side is not but let's leave all that out of this .
edit on 3-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join