It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Apollo 13 crew get help from beyond Earth?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Saw this and figured I had to share it here. The long and short of it is that some persons are claiming that NASA actually called in some help from friendly aliens when Apollo 13 was having trouble. Or that the aliens caused the trouble to begin with. I haven't seen these photos before and for all I know they could show objects that have been clearly identified previously. Either way. . . aliens.

Link: www.inquisitr.com...

And once again I apologize for the lack of pics. Because no matter how many pictures I upload to this site, they remain completely incapable of being located to insert into a post. Mods?

edit on 1-6-2015 by jaffo because: Grammar, spelling.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

inquisitr?

Isn't that the site that claimed there was a "non-terrestrial officer" on Mars photographed by the rover?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Screenshots from the YT vid......

Original images (according to your link)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

inquisitr?

Isn't that the site that claimed there was a "non-terrestrial officer" on Mars photographed by the rover?

Lol, I think so. I just figured I had to pass it along so that someone could let us know what the deal is with these pics.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

this sounds a lot like a story that supposedly originated from an 'insider' at the parkes observatory some years back
..see if you can find it & compare notes

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I spy with my little eye: The Hoax Bin!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

These photos were taken after the service module was jettisoned, prior to reentry?

The blurry "objects" in the pics are most likely bits of stuff blown off the module that travelled along with them, right?

I think the debris field followed them all the way to the moon and back?

They took pics of the module after separation to help ascertain what happened to it, once back on earth.

But the explosion of the tank had enshrouded the Apollo 13 spacecraft with debris. Commander Jim Lovell and his crew couldn’t discern the stars from the particles that glimmered in the sunlight. “The situation was, without the ability to see the stars, you couldn’t navigate,” Woodfill said.

source

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Strange. Something not discussed. In the second picture at the "here" in the original article, if you place the "+" to enlarge near the upper right corner of the image on the fuzzy object, you will find a very distinct tubular-shaped object that has a domed end with an apparent light in the center. The only thing of ours that it could possibly be would be the booster. But it is rather without features on the end, no hardware showing to indicate connectors, etc. If is is the booster that close to the module, then it was taken on the outward leg, not on the return. If an official image, it should contain data clearly showing time and sequence of the images. If the presenter fails to provide that crucial data--having discovered the images in NASA files--then I suspect a hoax by the presenter.

ETA to better and correctly indicate the second "here" rather than the first and how to enlarge it.
edit on 1-6-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Here's the Apollo 13 image atlas page with the two linked images..

(8528, 8529)

www.lpi.usra.edu...

edit on 1/6/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

one minor problem with the hypothesis - from your source

at the time the pic your source cites was taken

the CM [ command module ] was about to commence re-entry - it has jetisoned the SM [ service module ]

in summary - the apollo 13 crisis was over - they were headed home

the apollo 13 crisis occured shortly after TLI [ trans lunar injection ] - the manouver that was used to put them en route to the moon

the crew engineered a solution to the problem using the plan dedives by NASA ground crew - orbited the moon and returned to earth

so - what are these alledged " alien helpers " doing ???

the tail is long on imagination - short on critical thinking

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Perhaps someone that knows the Apollo equipment can comment on the fairly clear image of the tubular structure that I've pointed out. Is that a part of the Apollo system or not? Perhaps I should mention that there is a smallish object of a definite shape near to it. I'm assume that could not be the booster, so what is it?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: Aleister

Strange. Something not discussed. In the second picture at the "here" in the original article, if you place the "+" to enlarge near the upper right corner of the image on the fuzzy object, you will find a very distinct tubular-shaped object that has a domed end with an apparent light in the center. The only thing of ours that it could possibly be would be the booster. But it is rather without features on the end, no hardware showing to indicate connectors, etc. If is is the booster that close to the module, then it was taken on the outward leg, not on the return. If an official image, it should contain data clearly showing time and sequence of the images. If the presenter fails to provide that crucial data--having discovered the images in NASA files--then I suspect a hoax by the presenter.

ETA to better and correctly indicate the second "here" rather than the first and how to enlarge it.

The entire magazine of images features several sets of shots:

Interiors
Views of Earth
Views of the SM with the Command Module in view
Views of the SM & Moon
Views of the departing LM

The last view of Earth can be timed and dated by virtue of weather satellite images, and the position of the terminator, which puts them at around 11:00 GMT on 17/04/70 - about 7 hours before splashdown.

The image of the distant SM can only have been taken by the crew from their position in the LM, which can only have been shortly before re-entry.

The so-called blobs on the photo are probably (in my opinion) reflections on the glass.

edit on 1-6-2015 by onebigmonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I think they must have gotten help.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Here's the video clip. It's best viewed in fullscreen. A bit of a jump to say another ship though, without working round the image to see if it is just a reflected image of the Apollo ship itself. Use the link for a better view of the picture.

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-6-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

It Looks Like the Left Face of the Donnie Darko rabbit...

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I think that Streetcap1 needs to upgrade.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

How is that these crafts are able to avoid debri for such prolonged periods of time moving at high rates of speed?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

How is that these crafts are able to avoid debri for such prolonged periods of time moving at high rates of speed?

A common question. The 'debris' referred to is always local spacecraft-generated debris, departing at very low speeds and therefore drifting along nearby for a long time, sometimes days.

"Space junk" in low Earth orbit is OTHER spacecraft and pieces, in criss-cross paths at extremely high speeds [hence the collision hazard], far to fast to even see or image as more than a flicker or streak.

Once and a great while, distant satellites can be seen crossing the horizon, or distant rocket launch plumes may be spotted accidentally. One ISS astronaut even worked out a program to predict Iridium flares visible from orbit, and it worked pretty well -- that was awesome.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: onebigmonkey

I was away for several hours and astounded to see that no one has apparently looked at the object that I have pointed out in the first image that is of a long, cylindrical object with a domed end with a light in the center of it? (We can blame phones for that, I suppose.)

Oberg, you are the space rocket expert among us what is that thing?

As I was away, driving, I began to wonder if that object is not a rescue ship standing by, was large enough to take in the entire Apollo capsule if necessary? Whatever it is, it is humongous!

Oberg: Ours or theirs?

edit on 1-6-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
maybe there were two missions planned at the same time, one for 'public propaganda purposes' and a separate one planned with off-planet 'resources' (assistance)
now the public and private sectors can both be 'dazzled' by the mysterious moon we have here on planet Earth

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join