It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite images show clearly that Russia faked its MH17 report

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Satellite images show clearly that Russia faked its MH17 report

KIEV, Ukraine — Faked. Forged. Doctored. Photoshopped.

That's what new analysis of publicly available satellite images, published Sunday by a team of independent digital sleuths, reveal Russia's Ministry of Defense did with satellite imagery presented in its official report on the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17. They say it was Russia's attempt to blame Ukraine for the crime.

The ill-fated Boeing 777 was shot out of the sky over eastern Ukraine while en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur on July 17, 2014. All 298 people on board the passenger airliner were killed. Debris from the plane and passengers' bodies crashed and burned in a rural area near the town of Torez, deep inside territory controlled by Russian-backed separatists.

Kiev and Western governments say all evidence points to a unit of Russian servicemen operating a Russian SA-11 Buk anti-aircraft missile system, which has been tracked across the separatist enclave and across the border into Russia, from where it came. The international team investigating MH17 said this is its leading theory.

But Russia has its own. Officials from the country's Defense Ministry and Air Force Lieutenant-General Igor Makushev presented findings in Moscow on July 21, 2014, four days after the downing of MH17, at a televised briefing in which they used radar images flashed on big screens in a high-tech conference room to prove their point — that either a Ukrainian SU-25 fighter jet had fired on the airliner despite Kiev's assertions that no aircraft were nearby, or that one of Ukraine's own Buk missile systems fired on it.

But that report appears to have been a sham, according to detailed forensic analysis conducted by Eliot Higgins, a visiting research associate at King's College London's war studies department, and his team of digital investigators at Bellingcat, the organization behind the new report.

After determining the source of the photos — in this case Russia's Defense Ministry — Bellingcat analyzed their metadata, and checked them against publicly available satellite imagery of the same location from dates before and after July 17.

Higgins told Mashable that he's "100% confident" Bellingcat's analysis proves Russia's Defense Ministry presented "faked" satellite imagery from June 2014 as being from the days leading up to the downing of MH17 in July 2014.

Moreover, further forensic analysis showed the ministry doctored the images to add elements that would obscure details, which could disprove its authenticity and lend credence to its claim that Kiev was behind the attack.

The Defense Ministry and other government representatives did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Click link for remainder of what we already knew...

Lets see what Russia comes up with next...

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Ya think??? Lol

The scary part is it's not even a big deal to them, they will just change the story again and people will believe them again ?????

Edit; " A lie can travel halfway around the world, before the truth can get its boots on "

Sam Clemens

edit on 31-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Ya the su-25 claim was the biggest joke i ever seen.
The hour long video RT made to back up this claim only gave proof that refuted it.

They show a section of mh-17 that was riddled with holes they say were made from 30mm shells.
But when you look at some of the holes and contrast them to the 7mm rivets used on the plane it proves that they did not come from a 30mm cannon.

I blogged about this to no end with the russian trolls. They simply refuse to look at the facts and mostly try to change the topic. If you can stay on topic the RT bs is pretty simple to refute.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AlphaStrike1001

I debunked it the first day it came out . Because those holes look nothing like a 30 mm cannon hole.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Are there any satellites that still use some kind of analogue video type still on the go? Rhetorical question I suppose, and past best since anything can be altered nowadays.

It's nothing to do with these particular pictures, It's just that post pictures analysis is moot, and proves nothing, says nothing about the truth either way. There was also the haste for countries to go digital broadcasting too.
The only truth you are going to get is from those responsible, out of their own gubs, and even there??
Thanks for the thread though.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

The pinnacle of honesty, the Russian gov lied?

Bs!!!

Everyone knows it is just more western propaganda.

Putin is a saint, and every member of the Russian gov is more pure than the pope.

Lies I tell you, more western lies!!!!

Lol, OK. I could only keep that up for so long.

Even my whiskey and coke was starting to look at me like I am crazy.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
But but but it was modified jet with new weapons and RT said it so it must be real life

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
gee aren't you guys board of spreading anti-putin propaganda yet,,
sorry your gonna have to try harder than that,maybe you could all post twice as many anti-putin threads next week.

how long ago did putin offer his evidence ,ages ago .!!!
they have had months to show us this evidence,,,seems more like it took months to change the database .

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

How dare they attack the mighty Putin! Putin is hero, Putin is god, Putin scores many hockey goals TRUST HIM.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

How dare they attack the mighty Putin! Putin is hero, Putin is god, Putin scores many hockey goals TRUST HIM.

You forgot about Putin being perfectly honest in all his dealings 100% of the time.

I wonder if the poster is tired of licking a maniacs boots yet.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

You forgot about Putin being perfectly honest in all his dealings 100% of the time.

I wonder if the poster is tired of licking a maniacs boots yet.

Depends, did Putin tell them they could be tired? Is it on RT?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

It was for sure an open and shut case yet i had posters on infowars refuse to accept such simple facts. I concluded that what ever the kgb is calling themselves now are active on that site. I think putin has put much effort into his blogging army.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaStrike1001

Putin spent a bundle on the Nashi Troll Army. But I think it is waning, they have used the tactic too long and everybody can see through them .

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Ok. Now let's go get'em.

I'm so looking forward to the next great war.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Putin is the patron saint of all animals, flies with the birds and talks with them, swims in the mighty ocean with the dolphins, and rides the back of bears and tigers shirtless, at one with nature and the universe. How dare you to say Putin could be wrong?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Thing is, if Porky and his US handlers had any evidence at all that Russia or the Rebels were guilty, they'd have been shouting it from the rooftops long ago, backed up with the requisite evidence of course.

The fact that they have not indicates they don't have that evidence and are instead covering up what really happened, probably because they know Russia does have info / evidence of what occurred and will release it if pushed into a corner on the matter. What else can explain the complete silence from the ones who initially pointed the finger of guilt?

It'll likely become one of those historical BS exercises after the war happens. Just like the Gulf of Tonkin Incident, the sinkling of the Lusitania and 9/11.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

What does that have to do with Russia doctoring photographs?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

a reply to: Britguy

What does that have to do with Russia doctoring photographs?

Ah, I see, I was supposed to be agreeing with Putin himself sitting in front of his PC using photoshop to doctor photos... silly me.

I was pointing out that the whole "Russia is guilty" BS is just that..... BS, and that there is no evidence of Russia's involvement or support in the shooting down of the aircraft.

If you want to play the dodgy photo game, what about all the ones presented by the west of various alleged Russian moves / crimes, that are / were complete BS, faked or taken in completely different places and times to those being presented?

I guess calling out BS and blame is verboten unless one is directing it at the "right" side!

Oh, sorry, forgot to add..... Russia doctoring photos? Can you be more specific as to who doctored them? It's like saying America murdered Kennedy, rather than nailing it down to a person.
edit on 306Mon, 01 Jun 2015 01:21:55 -05002130100000015 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy

I was pointing out that the whole "Russia is guilty" BS is just that..... BS, and that there is no evidence of Russia's involvement or support in the shooting down of the aircraft.

Wrong thread. This one is about Russia's doctored pics. Your post has nothing to do with the topic.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
MH17 – Forensic Analysis of Satellite Images Released by the Russian Ministry of Defence

In this new report Bellingcat examines satellite images released by the Russian Ministry of Defence as part of the July 21st 2014 press conference on the downing of Flight MH17.

The Russian MoD stated at the press conference that the satellite photos show the activities of Ukraine’s air defences on the day that Flight MH17 was shot down. In particular, the position of two Ukrainian Buk missile launchers south of the village Zaroschinskoe were shown to be within firing range of MH17. The Bellingcat investigation has found the following –

– Satellite images presented by the Russian Ministry of Defence claiming to shown Ukrainian Buks linked to the downing of MH17 on July 14th and 17th are in fact older images from June 2014.

– The discrepancies visible in the Russian MoD satellite map imagery which shows they are incorrectly dated are visible in publicly available imagery on Google Earth.

– Error level analysis of the images also reveal the images have been edited.

– This includes a Buk missile launcher that was removed to make it appear the Buk missile launcher was active on July 17th, and imagery where Buk missile launchers were added to make it appear they were within attack range of Flight MH17.

With this new report all four major claims made at the Russian Ministry of Defence press conference have now been shown to be false:

click link yadd yadda yadda..
edit on 1-6-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join