It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's New, Area 51 Gate, May 11 2015

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Razor wire. Ok fine, but it runs from the signs to maybe 30 ft into the brush. What's the point:

This device was on the camo-dude-lookout-hill. I can't identify it, however when I paid a visit to the back/Rachel gate, identical device was there as well. Will post picture(s) later:

edit on 29-5-2015 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Here's the identical device at Rachel/back gate:

Better closeup of the "head" on this thing. Motion detector/camera?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

Interesting! The last two images here look like a portable device of some kind. The mast will raise or lower... Looks like cameras on top. Possible two different lenses. Infra Red in one, and maybe standard camera lense in the other? Or two in one place for stereo 3-D imaging?

I Dunno for sure, but this is very interesting Man... Especially since that Razor wire does not go further out. Maybe they want to snag somebody, or something with the wires since they are laying on the ground. Very odd indeed...

edit on 29-5-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Its looks like a camera that the military uses which we refered to as a SLRTI I forget the whole Accrynm we just called them Super LRTI

Its a long range color /IR camera that I think could see up to 20miles

However it looks upgraded!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raven1354
Its looks like a camera that the military uses which we refered to as a SLRTI I forget the whole Accrynm we just called them Super LRTI

Its a long range color /IR camera that I think could see up to 20miles

However it looks upgraded!

Not exactly the same, but I think you are correct!
www.flir.com...
edit on 29-5-2015 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I belive the point is to keep unwanted trespassers and rodents out of the vacinity of a secret and private military/government complex.

I could be off though

edit on 29-5-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2015 by Elementalist because: Lol!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
I belive the point is to keep unwanted trespassers and rodents out of the facinity of a secret and private military/government complex.

I could be off though

Yeah you're off a bit, might be guarding the vicinity though?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
More innuendo...
Area 51 is akin to softcore...a tease that will ultimately leave you disappointed.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
i cant remember where I found it, but I read that picitanny arsenal was using something like that ontop of the new tower they built about 5 or so years ago. At the time I lived a few miles from there and everyone was wondering what the heck it was for. This is the only link I can find but I know i read something that was more in depth. If you scroll through the pics there is a 4 camera system.
picitanny arsenal Raven1354

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Not only is it infrared , motion detector , camera , it is also a seismic sensor. Heard somewhere it can even detect insects on the ground at a good distance.

edit on 29-5-2015 by Gothmog because: spelling

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Is there any value to concertina wire on the ground? Seems to me you could just step on it.

The other problem is the concertina wire on the ground will probably not be very compatible with Medlin's cattle.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
concertina wire on the ground??
Simple answer.....
Thats what they had and no one wanted to cut it to fit.. Simple Gov. job.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
Is there any value to concertina wire on the ground? Seems to me you could just step on it.

Or just walk around it, like I said it only extended maybe 30 ft. into the brush.
Between that and the possible FLIR device, have they had a rash of belly-crawling night infiltrators at the border recently?
Wait a minute - they could just walk on the road across. Confused.

The other problem is the concertina wire on the ground will probably not be very compatible with Medlin's cattle.

Bahaha, I can see the dudes out there with wires cutters, cutting loose a cow seriously entangled in a chunk of it.
edit on 30-5-2015 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I just watched the Area 51 movie, perhaps it's an additional deterrent to would be movie inspired attempts at infiltration.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
what movie was it?
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: nepatitan

This movie. Worth watching. I found myself saying, ''that's just like...that happened to me''. Also interesting for the factual basis, like the areas and security.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
I just watched the Area 51 movie, perhaps it's an additional deterrent to would be movie inspired attempts at infiltration.

I totally forgot about that movie. OK, OK, I was really trying to forget about that movie.

But now that you mention it, I think you are 100% spot on. The base probably expects more visitors, at least at the well known front and back gate. So they need better tools to track the "visitors." This might explain the temporary nature of the gear. That is, the yahoos will probably be plentiful this summer until the novelty of the movie wears off.

I suggest visiting the Range 61 gate. At least you make the dudes do some work.

Look for Range 61 here:
inplanesight.org...

www.lazygranch.com...

The road to the Range 61 gate is decent. The only risk with going out that way is few tourists travel the road.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

that movie was terrible...truly....awful

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

a reply to: nepatitan
This movie. Worth watching. I found myself saying, ''that's just like...that happened to me''. Also interesting for the factual basis, like the areas and security.

Define "worth watching". I have watched some truly horrible movies lately ("Mordecai" among others).

I made it up to the Glenn Campbell spot (past the George Knapp cameo) and almost bailed: 1) nice fake road sensor 2) they haven't driven Jeep Cherokee's for many years, Glenn. In fact, the GM's they are driving in this "movie" show how dated it is. Ford Raptors now.

I totally forgot about that movie. OK, OK, I was really trying to forget about that movie.

But now that you mention it, I think you are 100% spot on. The base probably expects more visitors, at least at the well known front and back gate. So they need better tools to track the "visitors." This might explain the temporary nature of the gear. That is, the yahoos will probably be plentiful this summer until the novelty of the movie wears off.

I suggest visiting the Range 61 gate. At least you make the dudes do some work.

Look for Range 61 here:
inplanesight.org...

www.lazygranch.com...

The road to the Range 61 gate is decent. The only risk with going out that way is few tourists travel the road.

Ahahaha, I wonder if they've had a bunch of geniuses with tinfoil/gillie/whatever suits crawling the ditch at the gate, thinking they are gonna sneak in. Belly crawl 13+ miles. Well thought out.
edit on 1-6-2015 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

It was IMO worth watching.

It was engaging in an entertaining way which can't be said for all movies, even some big budget movies. It had some factual aspects about Area 51, some perhaps not all that exact, such as the make of trucks but the general gist of the Area was considered.

And most importantly, to those of abduction experiences, movies addressing the phenomenon is a good thing. The researchers obviously have been reading a lot on abduction.

Also putting in the public domain the fact Area 51 exists and could be used for other world projects is a good thing as is revisiting Roswell.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join