It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black sheep of ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Just wanted to know how many others that post/visit here feel like something of a misfit? I've made a couple attempts at befriending people here but nothing ever really stuck.

And although I'm a member and long time spectator here for certain "fringey" reasons, I find I don't have much in common with the core group of regular posters here. I find myself starring unpopular posts quite often, not to be contrary, just because I feel the person has made at least a valid enough point to be acknowledged as such.

Not boo-hooing by any means, just wondering if it's just me and my terrible online demeanor or if there are other somewhat regular visitors/members that feel like little black sheep here..

Bah and all that.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
am a misfit as well

I enjoy ATS - I read for a couple years before joining

I mostly like to read great threads (when there are great threads)

But, I don't really "fit in" as one of the "gang"

+3 more 
posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

Dude, don't concern yourself with what other people think. You're here for your own amusement/discussion. Just relax be yourself say what's on your mind and have fun.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I'm just like Chris Farley up in this place!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I don't fit in either. While I think outside the box like most people here, I must be thinking outside some other box. Or maybe I lack tact sometimes....? I don't really know. But I've been like that in every setting my entire life. It would be nice to make some friends on here though.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: alishainwonderland

Hi Alisha in Wonderland! I'm not too far from Denver
Did you visit the Art Festival over the Memorial day weekend?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I've been around this site for a bit. I've never so much made friends on here, but I've had some fun conversations/ debates in threads or PMs.
I don't look at ATS for the social aspect. Just my take.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Definitely a black sheep.

Been on here since I was 16 years old looking for time travel stuff. I found a guy named John Titor and some how ended up here. just made an account last month. I'm 23 now.

edit on 27-5-2015 by TopSecretAbove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I'm not here nearly often enough to be any type of sheep. Heh.

Nah, but seriously, I'm not even a misfit here cause I'm more of a lurker anyway.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I feel like a misfit everywhere, but I think it is just in my head. I always analyze things, unless I am drunk I suppose, but I don't drink anymore unless I make a hot toddy or I need some booze for medical issues like illness. My head is already a mess when I'm sick.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I just post what I want to post - as honestly as I can. If the subject requires research or due diligence, I do my best to engage in it and provide it.

I try to help anyone else who asks for help with whatever issue they might have but am also willing to debate like it was a bar fight and broken bottles were being handed out.

Generally I guess what I am saying is be you and to Hell with the rest.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The content and people on ATS are so diverse, I really don't think you can be a black sheep here. Unless your deliberately trolling, or making extraordinary claims with no evidence to back it up of course.

I guess there are some 'popular' members, but I haven't personally noticed any single core group of like minded people that dominate the forum. Even the mods seem to come from all walks of life.

But........ I am a black sheep in real life and kind of wear it as a badge of honour, to be honest. Not particularly looking to make friends or bend over backwards to please people either, so maybe I just don't notice whether or not I'm an outcast here. I just try to be polite and say what I think, if people don't like me, well........ its kind of there problem to worry about, not mine.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
From the outside is the best way to see the scenery. Better to be an outcast wandering the perimeter.

I am not well liked here. If I get too many flags I know I'm getting soft.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Great... Another self obsessed egotistical thread..
oops there I go again...

On a serious note you must live in your own reality of the world, by conforming to what others want or expect you just become a sheep..

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I'm definitely a misfit.

I spend my time making people angry and venting my own anger... Makes people stay away.

I'm the opposite in the real world. How strange.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Never felt like I fit in here, but then again I've never really felt like I've fit in anywhere.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Talk about terrible online demeanor!

I feel socially awkward online.. I think it's the lack of body language, etc.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Jimjolnir

Totally unrelated but it felt necessary.

edit on 28-5-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Jimjolnir

Exactly so. I picture us all in a pub. Of course I'll mock the guy sitting beside me, but I'll be smiling and offering a cheers at the same time.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Being a relatively new member, I lurked for 5 years before I joined. I loved the diversity of topics, content and scope of so many subjects, but the thing that held me back was the inane fear of being unable to debate a topic without embarrassing myself. Some that post on ATS do so on a complex and deep level, offering opinions heavy in context, with seemingly unending resources to support their views. Couple their abilities with my child-like computer skills(I can make a laptop stutter), and you get where I'm coming from.

There are many personalities bouncing around here, different ideologies and cultures. No matter what differences, the one constant was being welcomed and helped along by others that were once "newbies". I don't feel like a misfit---just waitin' to take off my waterwings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join