It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luck, Paranormal or Divine Intervention (Angel Help)?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I wasn't really sure where to put this thread, I will leave it to those that decide where it should be. I finally hit my 20 posts and I get to make my first real connection to the people in here; something with substance. Not sure why I decided this subject would be the one to start with but there is just something telling me to put it out there. Call it katstincts!

There have been many times in my life that things have happened to me that I have had a difficult way to understand. Was I lucky, was there some paranormal activity going on or did an Angel intervene and change the outcome? I would say there are probably at least 100 such times this has happened to me. I am only going to share one today!

When I was 8 years old a friend of mine invited me over to his house one day for playtime. That week before, his dad had done something amazing for him; he built him a tree house. It was a decent size (especially for us little folk) and it was up fairly high (at the time it seemed really high) in an old, old, old oak tree. That tree was huge! Where his dad put it was on the first big branch and it was buffered by two other big branches, he put about 30 steps on the trunk and I would estimate it was about 18 to 20 feet up. There were no other branches below it (this fact is important to remember), the tree house was on the very first one that was available (his dad may have cut down some of the smaller branches).

I had never been in a tree before, much less a mini house, so I was a bit nervous about climbing, but his mom had packed us a snack and up we went. The place in the house where we had to enter was directly underneath it (not the best design choice by the way) and it had a little trap door that you had to close once inside. My friend went first and I followed, when he got inside he moved to the side and let me get in, we started to maneuver ourselves around the space inside, but before my friend could close the door, I turned with my back to the opening and fell straight down the hole we came in. The whole thing happened so quickly and it was over in seconds, there I was lying on my back looking up at the bottom of the tree house on the ground with my breath gone!

Now, I am not a physics major and have never been one, but the way I landed does not seem possible, yet it was how I landed; flat on my back! I fell feet first and I did not hit anything on the way down that would change my trajectory, so how did I end up on my back with only the wind knocked out of me? Since that happened to me, I have looked at what happens when someone falls feet first from that height and it is not pretty. At the very least they have had their feet and ankles crushed or broken, their legs have snapped, been paralyzed with a broken back from all the weight and force being directed through their entire body and here I am talking about losing my breath.

I guess by now you know what I am going to say about this, after all, they don't call me SpiritualKat33 for nothing (okay no one called me that, but me!), still I didn't land like a cat would in that instance, but I did have some help! Something was watching me that day, okay they were sleeping on the job when they didn't close the door for me instead, but hey they did manage to correct this somehow. They must have caught me and buffered the blow and placed me in the right position to avoid me having those horrific injuries, right?

I often wonder though why was I so fortunate to have an Angel when others before me and since did not get the same help? I feel very blessed for having survived that experience and many others since, just makes you appreciate life(lives) all the more, at least for me it does!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualKat33

I feel like the Force decided you weren't meant to die at the time. Sometimes it is by the will of the Force that the future is set in stone.
edit on 25-5-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Good question.

Maybe a branch got in the way of your trajectory, and slowed down your fall without you noticing? Or perhaps wind resistance got the better f your weight then and slowed your trajectory just enough? Perhaps your perception of the height of the tree was exaggerated by your smaller size then (everything looks bigger to a lad)?

I don't know, just wild guesses here.

Of course, I could be wrong and maybe something is watching over you. Who knows?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
Sometimes it is by the will of the Force that the future is set in stone.

There are actually four "forces" in the universe (gravity, light, nuclear and weak), and none of them can set the future in stone, because every particles of the universe are subject to Heisenberg's Uncertainty principle, which introduces a certain level of randomness in the universe's exact evolution.

Just saying...

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I was talking to a friend a while back and we were laughing about some of the things we had done and gotten away with, cheating death is a real awakening not to be taken lightly, but when you do it time and time again you can't help but think your being saved for something.
I commented that I would really like to pay it forward but it needs to happen soon as I am getting older and may fail in so doing. My friend made a profound comment in saying, maybe you already have and just don't realize it.
I hope so but I still look for ways to pay my death dogging life forward.

Thanks for the post.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
Sometimes it is by the will of the Force that the future is set in stone.

There are actually four "forces" in the universe (gravity, light, nuclear and weak), and none of them can set the future in stone, because every particles of the universe are subject to Heisenberg's Uncertainty principle, which introduces a certain level of randomness in the universe's exact evolution.

Just saying...

There's no way of ever being certain. Since we can't see the future.

The fact that there are unlimited options for the future, however, also does not mean or prove one is not predetermined to happen, in my opinion.

If I were to die tomorrow in a car accident, there is no way to tell it could have been prevented. I COULD have stayed at home, but if I didn't, how do you know it could have been prevented if in reality it wasn't? We only experience ONE reality, the hypothetical ones have no meaning.

Same for the death that WAS avoided, OP didn't die, and theres no way to tell if them dying was ever even a real option, just because "scientifically speaking" it was.

I'm not a scientist, i'm sure you can tell haha
edit on 25-5-2015 by HalfLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Good question.

Maybe a branch got in the way of your trajectory, and slowed down your fall without you noticing? Or perhaps wind resistance got the better f your weight then and slowed your trajectory just enough? Perhaps your perception of the height of the tree was exaggerated by your smaller size then (everything looks bigger to a lad)?

I don't know, just wild guesses here.

Of course, I could be wrong and maybe something is watching over you. Who knows?

There were no other branches below it (this fact is important to remember), the tree house was on the very first one that was available

Now, I am not a physics major and have never been one, but the way I landed does not seem possible, yet it was how I landed; flat on my back! I fell feet first and I did not hit anything on the way down that would change my trajectory

I went back a few years later and took a good look at where the tree house was built (his dad tore it down the following day) and my recollections were based on actual observation from an adult perspective. The fall was about 18 feet and the tree had no other branches below that would have changed the trajectory either, then or at the time. That being said if something had hit me and changed my direction it still doesn't explain the lack of injuries that should have been sustained from a fall from that height. Even falling and landing on my back the first reaction would have been to reach back with my hands and arms to try and stop the landing, just by instinct alone. Fall down from a standing position and what is the first thing you do? A broken arm or a broken hand, but nope, just the ever living breath knocked out of me and a extreme fear of heights!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Amazing that we survive childhood sometimes.

Perhaps you were/are meant to do something in your lifetime that needs to be done for yourself and others.
Kind of like the idea of fate, although nothing is set in stone, at least most of the time.

Angels?
Maybe.

Luck?
Probably a little.

Paranormal?
Well, that depends on many of the other experiences you have had, but from the sounds of it, you have had a lot.

There have been to many times in my life where something weird would happen, and I have no doubt it was an angel or guardian keeping me out of trouble or harm. So it happens.

Be grateful!
I know I am!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

Not sure if I cheated death that day, but certainly I avoided some major injuries from the result of some unknown force assisting me. Not sure what to call it then or now, but I gravitate towards the spiritual side of things, so I am fixated on Angel. My guardian angel has done this so many times, I am sure life was saved in some instances and quality of life for sure. That is not to say I have not been injured in the process, but the severity in every instance could have and should have by all accounts been much worse.

As to the premise of paying it forward, I would almost guarantee that I have helped many others by my presence in being at the right place at the right time to help them avoid their own harrowing experiences many times. Maybe, I am an angel, too! I sure feel blessed enough!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

I think we are all here for a purpose and the purpose does not reveal itself to us, rather there is a variety of events that transpire in every life that serve to teach us valuable lessons. The biggest lesson I have learned so far is to not take things for granted because they can change in an instant. Live life every day as if it were the last one and I, for one have done whatever I can not to let fear control me in my effort to live this life(lives) to the very best of my ability. There have been many other valuable lessons along the way and I am sure whatever time I do have left here I will spend it feeling blessed!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I firmly believe that angels do help people at times, though we don't know why they help who they do. God knows, though, and has His reasons.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

This is possible, but I have a problem with your characterization of God, why are you so sure it is a he? Whatever the reason for my fortune, I do attribute it to a higher power though! I, also, think that when we are going through difficult times they are still with us, but they want to allow us to experience certain things. We always are so quick to throw, God (your choice) under the bus when those bad things do happen to us. I personally do not think everything good is good and everything bad is bad, there is a lesson to learn from any road we travel! Thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

It's more because of the Father aspect, I suppose, and Jesus coming in the form of a man. I never really thought it mattered. God is God. Certainly, when we were created, He didn't consider women lesser. The term used for how God made Adam is akin to making a clay pot, while the term used for making Eve was more like what we'd use to describe making a crystal vase. Even if I consider God to be He, I have never felt that meant I was less important to Him. I do remember, way back n my grade school days, being taught that when we use a pronoun to describe a person,a nd don't know the sex, to arbitrarily use "he". We all figured it was because it's shorter.

I agree that we could be watched, and still allowed to go through some things, maybe protected just enough to live, because we need the experience, or for some reason we can't fully understand, not seeing the whole picture.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Seems a bit narcissistic to think there is an intelligent agent/s watching over you 24/7 that saved you from injury after falling from a tree (like most kids do).

I mean they saved you from injury but the thousands of children that died that same year from injury?....

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Seems a bit narcissistic to think there is an intelligent agent/s watching over you 24/7 that saved you from injury after falling from a tree (like most kids do).

I mean they saved you from injury but the thousands of children that died that same year from injury?....

I often wonder though why was I so fortunate to have an Angel when others before me and since did not get the same help? I feel very blessed for having survived that experience and many others since, just makes you appreciate life(lives) all the more, at least for me it does!

Narcissistic personality disorder en.wikipedia.org...=

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder in which a person is excessively preoccupied with personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity, mentally unable to see the destructive damage they are causing to themselves and others. It is a cluster B personality disorder.[1]

Okay you didn't come out and say I had a specific disorder, but nothing in my OP was remotely narcissistic, so here are 2 pictures for you
and

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

nothing in my OP was remotely narcissistic

Yeah sure, it's just unlike most people who would just consider themselves lucky or fortunate enough to not receive an injury after such a fall, you think you were special enough to be saved by an invisible fairy godmother type entity.

Not at all narcissistic......../rolls eyes...

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Trolling peoples threads again huh...

And you say others are narcissistic.

You really need to hold that mirror up and take a good look.

You accused me of being a fraud in one of my threads,
and now you are trolling other peoples threads that don't hold to your own belief or lack there of.

Quit trolling peoples paranormal (or belief in paranormal) threads.
It only makes you look like a jerk.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Two quick stories! When I was young, my parents went on holiday and I decided to *borrow* my dad's convertible sports car (MGB GT) a drive to work in it. I went in the garage, started her up and revved the engine. Then I went back in the house and showered. When I came down, the keys were gone and the garage was locked up. I was freaked out because I couldn't find those keys anywhere. When they got back off holiday, I had to explain what had happened.

My dad found the keys in the ignition of the car. The garage door needed a key to lock itself and the key was on the car keys. How the keys got to be locked in there is just a mystery and I'm forever thankful that I wasn't able to do something as stupid and dishonest as that.

#2 - I was cleaning out my dad's car one day and was hoovering out the boot/trunk when I heard a female voice call my name. I stood to see who it was and there was nobody there. At the same moment, a gust of wind blew the boot door shut. I would have been injured if I'd remained bent over in there.

In all honesty, these types of incident never make any rational sense to me. I'm not worth special treatment by angels or their evil counterparts and the sun will set every day whether I'm here or not. In that sense, maybe people just encounter peculiar experiences that have no real meaning behind them? They add a narrative value to the culture of our lives and that's something that I've thought a lot about.

No matter whether people believe you or not, these are the memories that have made you who you are. : )

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

Trolling peoples threads again huh...

Aaah here you are, sweeping in to defend anyone with a spooky type claim......and calling a critic a 'troll'.....

And you say others are narcissistic.

I'm not sure you know how to apply that term.

You really need to hold that mirror up and take a good look.

Why? have I made any indefensible claims here?....

You accused me of being a fraud in one of my threads,

Yep and I stand by that.....after all you claimed to have psychic powers and only made excuses as to why you wouldn't/couldn't demonstrate them in laboratory conditions.....just like all psychics.....

and now you are trolling other peoples threads that don't hold to your own belief or lack there of.

To call people out on their claims is trolling?

Another word I don't think you know the meaning of....

Quit trolling peoples paranormal (or belief in paranormal) threads.
It only makes you look like a jerk.

You may live in a world where everyone believes all your claims, and the OP may have wanted such a thread, but its not the world we live in.

If you make an incredible claims you should expect to receive criticisms and your reaction to such criticisms says everything about said claims....

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

If you make an incredible claims you should expect to receive criticisms and your reaction to such criticisms says everything about said claims....

I do expect it.
But I don't see any of this as incredible claims, for me it is a normal part of living.

You have already shown your colors elsewhere on ATS with your attitude towards anything that might be spiritual or "paranormal" and I hate to see a new member get trolled, which is what you are here to do.

However, that is up to you and the OP how they handle it,
I just have to say my piece.

Carry on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join