It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of grand theories, just do what you want

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Thats right, the great being just wants to live it all through us, we are supposed to be just as we are, good or bad, it doesnt matter, just do what you really want and he will be happy.

Free to be as you are, is there a better guide than your inner will?

Listen to your higher and lower self and act, act from who you really are, do what you really want, and life will be better for you and everyone around you.

Of course society needs rules and if you break them, penalties are applied but, hey, if its your real will to break them, so be it, but be ready to face the penalties and the greatest burden of all - an heavy consciousness, the kind that wont let you sleep at night...

So my advice is, be who you are, do what you want, that's my wish for you.
I'm sure the great being, of which you are part of, will be happy.

Cheers
edit on 24-5-2015 by Manula because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 24 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
So, just "do what thou wilt"?

That mentality is working out so well for the world.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Manula

Hmmm.... isn't that kinda like the satanic philosophy? Is it an anarchist point of view?

I'm just pointing out that laws are necessary for a society. You can't 'do whatever you want'.
edit on 24-5-2015 by highfromphoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Manula
Thats right, the great being just wants to live it all through us, we are supposed to be just as we are, good or bad, it doesnt matter, just do what you really want and he will be happy.

Cheers

"Great being" aside, the world ought to be doing less of what it wants from what I'm seeing. We've corrupted each other to no end, generation after generation, to the point where we can't tell one corrupt individual from another. I've found myself at a point in my life where I have to force my mind into respecting the freedoms of others, even if it means the inevitable annihilation of mankind.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

we are supposed to be just as we are

Whatever we are being, it already is just as we are. So?

It is our constant seeking to be something other than fundamental Being, Consciousness Itself - that creates all the illusion, unlove, separation, unhappiness, confusion, dissatisfaction, etc.

What are you dissatisfied with here that prompted this thread?

edit on 5/24/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
So, just "do what thou wilt"?

That mentality is working out so well for the world.

Of course it is, freedom to be who you are, if that was the ruling mindset, society would be much better.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: OhOkYeah

Cheers

"Great being" aside, the world ought to be doing less of what it wants from what I'm seeing. We've corrupted each other to no end, generation after generation, to the point where we can't tell one corrupt individual from another. I've found myself at a point in my life where I have to force my mind into respecting the freedoms of others, even if it means the inevitable annihilation of mankind.

Our inner will, is there a better guide to follow?

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Free to be as you are, is there a better guide than your inner will?

Listen to your higher and lower self and act, act from who you really are, do what you really want, and life will be better for you and everyone around you.

Of course society needs rules and if you break them, penalties are applied but, hey, if its your real will to break them, so be it, but be ready to face the penalties and the greatest burden of all - an heavy consciousness, the kind that wont let you sleep at night...

So my advice is, be who you are, do what you want, that's my wish for you.
I'm sure the great being, of which you are part of, will be happy.

Cheers

Right On!!! We are here to experience and I want to experience joy!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
You made a major addition to your original op - this is not the op I responded to initially. It sounds more balanced now.

What is one's "inner will" to you?

I feel the best "guide" for right action is one's heart-based feeling-intelligence because one's heart is inherently moral, in that it is fundamentally capable of recognizing our intrinsic non-separation from all others.

Such recognition is the true basis for loving one's neighbor as oneself.

edit on 5/24/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I think you are on to something -- you are embracing a kind of libertarian philosophy that greatly simplifies life.

However, my main difficulty here is that most people don't know what they want -- because they fear that what they want right now can cause pain in the future. For example, I want to quit my job. I also want security in my future. They are competing interests and I can't have both.

So now we are back to complexity and grand theories, at least in my mind.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: OhOkYeah

Cheers

Our inner will, is there a better guide to follow?

A lot of people's inner will would have them committing acts which prevent others from following their own inner will. So yes, there is a better guide. It's often referred to as the law or the constitution.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
What if your inner core/being what have you is bad?

What if the "inner you" is met with rejection no matter how good your intentions are?

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
What if your inner core/being what have you is bad? What if the "inner you" is met with rejection no matter how good your intentions are?

Yes, both of these two cases you suggest make things a lot more complicated.

In particular, your first premise (about whether bad people should "do what they want") is really an essential problem. In that specific case -- I guess you should not be permitted to do what you want.

In the second case, I am not so sure. And I would suggest that if the "inner you" is good -- you will probably not be rejected by anyone who is also good, or even average. So that may not apply to the discussion -- at least I hope it doesn't!

But, I think I get your point -- it kind of refutes the OP's suggestion that you don't need a grand theory. I guess you do need one.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Axial Leader

Exactly!
You got it...

I wasn't sure I myself did...

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: highfromphoenix

Hmmm.... isn't that kinda like the satanic philosophy? Is it an anarchist point of view?

I'm just pointing out that laws are necessary for a society. You can't 'do whatever you want'.

Within the rules of society dictates. God created Satan. Express your free will (what is the problem), God learns from our misdeeds and good deeds; that is the point of our existence, to enrich ITS being, educate it even if we are lab rat shills.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
What if your inner core/being what have you is bad?

What if the "inner you" is met with rejection no matter how good your intentions are?

I would say then be as BAD or GOOD as you can be and make no apologies (that is where you get tangled up) on the morals. Never question your intentions. Its the purity of the thought or action that has the power to change this world.
It has been witnessed throughout history (not enough good thoughts apparently).

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Ah, yeah...

Pretty much what got us to this point: broken and beyond redemption.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bb23108

I'd have to disagree with you on this. Any action whether acted upon or concieved in the mind is not judged by a feeling-intelligence. It's weighed and judged by the values we grew up with and continue to learn as we age.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

Not Satanic - Thelemic.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I don't agree with this because God/Source/Creator, as you admit, "lives through us" (through Spirit), that means if we hurt others or ourselves, God is aware of that pain and since God is connected to all (Spirit), it affects all.

Compassion is important.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join