It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy or Weird Thing Just Happened to ME

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
For some strange reason I was sitting here and I had this memory of the last movie my Mother and I ever saw together, The Shining. My Mom was a huge Stephen King fan and my Dad would not go to this movie with her, so we made it a date, dinner and a movie with my Mom. We went to our favorite steak place and had rib eye steak sandwiches and off we went to the movie.

There is a scene in it where the janitor is walking down the marble hall and Jack shoves an ax into him out of nowhere...well my Mom had long hard finger nails at the time and she was clutching my forearm with her hand and the nails went right into my wrist when the audience screamed...after I got over the shock of the scene, I asked my Mom to release her grip and I kid you not...she drew blood from 4 places on my wrist area and left scars that I still have to this day.

Just a few moments ago, I decided to look up some information about the movie and the release date was 5-23-1980. Also, earlier today for some strange reason I was on coast to coast and I somehow got involved with a web site that had information about Stanley Kubrik on it. He directed the Shining, among other films. But, the creepiest thing was that I just had this strange feeling that my Mom was looking over my shoulder reading with me.

She died, Jan. 31st, 2012, but it felt like she was right behind me.

Might need to move this to paranormal forum, but I put it here because it had to do with the relationship I had with my Mom! Feel at ease to move it if necessary!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

You miss your Mother and you love her...when people pass on from this realm to the next...the love continues; love is eternal...and perhaps your Mother does look in on you from time to time; it does happen.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

It could be that you were just missing her.
Although, when my dad died, his wife was in the garage sorting his stuff. He'd collected all of the boxes that his stuff came in. She said his name, partly in exasperation, and she swore that she felt him standing behind her.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Wow that's really cool. I'm glad you got to have that special moment. I, too, miss my mother dearly. It was pretty traumatic when I discovered her body. I've heard some so called medical professionals say I probably have PTSD from it, but I just shrug it off and keep going. PTSD? Like what veterans from a warzone experience? Just from finding my mom dead at age 41 with her face all twisted and purple with fluids leaking out of her nose and mouth like a zombie in a horror flick? That's just crazytalk...

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

Since she moved on, I have felt her presence often, but this experience was different...there was a synchronization of events that occurred all day. And the date of release for the Shining was the exact day this was happening to me, did you catch that in the OP? Just very weird!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I miss her and really I don't think of death the same way as others do, but the whole experience from the reading of Stanley Kubrick to th Shining release date to the the fact it was the last movie we saw together so long ago and then to have this all come together with the feeling of her presence right behind me, not to the side or in the room, but as if she were directly behind me while I was writing this yesterday....she could have been the one actually doing the writing and using my fingers to do it.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Every time I started to write a reply I had to delete it....You are not worth the time!

join