It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five famous "creepy" UFO sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Humor aside, Cracked.com has some very interesting articles on the weird, the paranormal, the fortean.

I like the stories because they often read a bit like Charles Berlitz or Frank Edwards. They're fun to read.
They're brief and to-the-point, with relevant links provided, if the reader wants to go further.

The article begins by saying that the field of ufology is loaded with sensationalist garbage, however...

...buried deep within the U.S. military's own records are some very bizarre, and very well-documented sightings that have to give even a skeptic second thoughts. Are they aliens? We're not saying that. We're just saying they're really, really weird.

These are the five cases. The site has a brief story on each one.
5. The Chiles-Whitted UFO Encounter
4. The Green Fireball Sightings
3. The Gorman Dogfight
2. The Washington D.C. UFO Incident
1. The Valentich Disappearance

5 UFO Sightings That Even Non-Crazy People Find Creepy

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Cracked is great to pass some time. There's one writer on there, I think it's Wong or something, that tends to come off a bit high and mighty in most of his stuff, but other than that I almost always find their articles and columns to be interesting and entertaining. I hadn't seen this one yet, so thanks for posting. Gonna give it a look now!

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

People don't give the Washington DC UFO incident enough credence. It had corroborating evidence, like separate radar tracks involving impossible maneuvers, eyewitness testimony and even seems to have resulted in a downed intercept aircraft.

Over the nations capital. Right after Roswell.

Like… (hint hint), give us our crew and ship back or you will be sorry.

Love to have been there when the exchange was made.

Oh you say, Roswell was years earlier and not connected? Well, how long do you suppose it takes to mount a rescue mission from another star system after its declared overdue?

About that long.

ETA: (sorry about the mission creep), just musing…
edit on 23-5-2015 by intrptr because: ETA::

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The so called Dildo looked similar to a cigar shaped craft, probably a few different designs on that. And the drawings do not look like a dildo, unless even cukes do to people. The whole world and all its trees doesnt resemble male phallic.
edit on 23-5-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I agree that Cracked is a great place for articles on all topics, especially the comedic ones. Mulder's World.com is another site that features stories similar to the OP.

#1, The Valentich Disappearance is one of my personal favs, the story line and audio creepy as all get out. Though some ascribe to the theory he planned the incident to start a new life elsewhere, or he was disoriented and crashed, I lean toward it being a genuine ufo incident. The Cash-Landrum Incident remains my all-time favorite ufo story.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Personally I'd include the Pulaski incident for what the witness experienced afterwards.

("It's here!")

"The animals were acting scared, and Stephen's dog was tracking something which no one could see at the edge of the woods. Suddenly Stephen began rubbing his head and face and looking as though he were about to faint. Several people approached him, but he threw them off, growling like an animal and flailing his arms. His own dog ran towards him and Stephen attacked the dog.

Two of the investigators also experienced some feelings of lightheartedness and difficulty in breathing at this point.

Stephen continued running around, growling and swinging his arms, and then collapsed in a manured area, face-down. He lay there for a time, then began to come to himself, and said, "Get away from me. It's here. Get back." Sulfur-like odor was noticed. Stephen and the group got away from the area, but Stephen kept mumbling that he would protect the group. He said he saw a man in a black hat and cloak, who told Stephen, "If Man doesn't straighten up, the end is near." The man also told Stephen, "There is a man here now, who can save the world."

groundzeromedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join