It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stray Cat May Have Saved Me Today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Let me start off by saying I have never been a cat person. I have one dog which is outside in a fence, and 2 inside dogs who I couldn't bribe to be outside. I had a cat show up on my back deck a year ago, and she was probably 6 months old. I never messed with her or really gave her the time of day.

My 2 year old son plays outside, and when he does this cat always comes around. He seems to like her and she's gentle with him so I just let it be.

Today my son and I were outside near my back deck playing and I noticed the cat sitting on the wooden railing of my deck. I heard a growl/bark and see a pitbull charging us growling and barking. I grabbed my son and attemped to make it to the door to get him inside. As im doing this, the little female cat flies off the porch at the pit completely fearless of this dog. I got my son inside, grabbed my firearm and went outside to see the cat still chasing the pit down the street.

I called animal control and they picked up 2 pits, one being the one who charged me. I never saw the second one at the time but they said they were together further down the neighborhood. They said both pits were ate up with bite marks around their snouts indicating they have been fought. When all was said and done, I sat down on my deck and rubbed the cat for about an hour. This cat is now named kit kat, and she is going to be well taken care of and part of my family now. I'm still amazed at how fearless this tiny female cat was running down a big male pit without hesitation.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Great story! Cats are intensely territorial and they do attach themselves to people. You have seen this famous youtube video, right?

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus
Oh wow thank you for sharing that! I had not seen this. I mainly watch dog videos lol. My two boxers are big babies though.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LoverBoy

It looks like you've been adopted. Good kitty.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
Definitely! I never fed her or anything, but she always hung around and would play with my son. Now she will be eating gourmet.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

That is going to be one spoiled cat. Tuna for life!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Kit Kat has a human family now...and she choose yours...you are blessed!

I am currently a cat owner (Benjamin) and I love dogs too. In 2013 I kept having a severe pain in my left breast; one day I was laying on my back on my bed in pain and Benjamin jumped up on my chest and put his paw on my left breast; he knew what I was going through and gave me moral support and comfort.

Kit Kat is special...she showed her loyalty and love...what a wonderful story!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
This is one of the best threads I have read in awhile. Thank you for sharing this great story with ATS!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Thank you so much for sharing this story! Cats are territorial just like dogs and protect their people just like dogs - for some reason they never gained the reputation though. You have gained a great addition to your family!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Did you know that cats have initial self-made promises everytime they encounter attacks from unsolicited enemies they will push that. I suggest you return the cat to where it lives. Or as the the saying goes "Regrets come later the least yoi expect it".

I suggest you let it be. Cats dont want to stick around. They always want to wander around alone. Though like our cat here at home he has nice blue eyes. He seemed lovable but I jist ket him roam around he gets back when he feels like it. So I guess you do the same. Its not nice when you push ur plan and against their nature.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

That truly is amazing. I think animals can clearly sense things that we have no concept of knowing.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Summer7
I don't understand... what plan? I never called the cat, and it was a stray cat. It stayed around my house but always came up to play with my son when he would go outside. This has been going on for some time now. I am not going to confine the cat in anyway. I will however set out some tasty food each day as well as show her some earned affection and attention that she very well deserves.

I think I'll keep doing what I am though.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Now thats loyalty to the death.

I had a friend who's toddler son was saved from a Rattle Snake by a stray Red Setter that happened along. He got between them and prevented the boy from approaching the snake out of curiosity.

The dogs barking brought the family outside and they saw it standing between the boy and the snake barking at nothing (to alert).

They adopted it and named it Justyn Tyme.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
How heartwarming. Best of luck with your new found companion.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Now THAT is amazing. Perfect name for the pet as well. I've always wanted a protective dog but always end up with 80lbs softies. Never imagined I would have a 10 lbs BA of a feline.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Never imagined I would have a 10 lbs BA of a feline.

I think she has you.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I have seen videos of cats attacking dogs and even alligators to protect their family/territory. I am more of a dog person too but always have cats for some reason.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I love when a cat adopts someone! I had a cat do that many years ago. They are such special little creatures! So happy to hear you will be loving and looking after her!

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Summer7

They're safer in a home, and they adopt families, as if you have Guides watching over. So that is hogwosh. Cats, who is domesticated as a species, are food for owls, cougars, at risk for poisoning via hating humans, and vehicles at risk and lowers their life expectancy.

Sounds like your cat, if male, needed to be fixed.

edit on 23-5-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Hell yeah. Well played, feline.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join