It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympia Wash. cop shoots 2 unarmed men in chest for shoplifting beer at safeway

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is breaking just recently so only have tweets and no link yet, but it looks like a cop has shot 2 unarmed men in the chest after shoplifting beer at a Safeway.

Some recent tweets

Olympia, Wash., police chief says 2 men shot by officer were unarmed; says he doesn't have all the details of 'confrontation,' adds that many objects can be considered potentially deadly weapons

Olympia, Wash., police department does not have body cameras and there is no dashcam video of shooting, chief says

More: Olympia, Wash., Police Chief Ronnie Roberts says 'the indication' is that officer was assaulted by a skateboard before shooting 2 unarmed men

Eta -- found a link

Store employees reported that there had been an assault at the grocery. They said two black men had attempted to steal beer, and when confronted by employees, the pair threw the stolen beer at them, then fled.

As police investigated, an officer found two men with skateboards matching the suspects' descriptions a short distance away - at Cooper Point Road near 14th Avenue NW. There was a confrontation and the officer opened fire, hitting one of the men in the chest, said Olympic Police Chief Ronnie Roberts.

The two suspects then ran into a wooded area. When they emerged, the officer opened fire again, hitting the other man in the chest as well, Roberts said.

Witnesses at the scene reported hearing six shots fired.

www.komonews.com...

www.breakingnews.com...

edit on 21-5-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
There are some reports that the officer was assaulted with a skateboard before the shooting.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Here is an article from a local source there in Washington:

Two men allegedly involved in grocery store theft shot by Olympia police

OLYMPIA – A police officer shot two men, reportedly brothers, allegedly involved in an attempted theft at an Olympia Safeway Thursday morning.

The Olympia Police Department reports an officer fired multiple shots, hitting two men, near Cooper Point Road NW and 14th Avenue NW just after 1 a.m.

What lead to the shooting, if the men had weapons and why police fired multiple shots remains unknown.

A woman who identified herself as the sister of the men shot said she just happened to be driving by the shooting as it took place. She said she heard multiple shots fired, and saw one of her brothers drop to the ground.

She claimed it was impossible that her brothers were armed with a weapon.

Regardless of what happened, I hope this doesn't turn into another powder keg incident.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Your title is misleading, I would not describe them as unarmed.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Some lesson must be learned the hard way.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Well all they had were skateboards.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Right, according to the Komo News source:

The officer later told investigators that when he initially approached the suspects, there was a confrontation behind his patrol car and one of the men assaulted him with his skateboard. The officer said he felt threatened, so he opened fire.

Smacking a cop with a skateboard isn't a bright idea.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

A pencil can be used as a weapon.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
There are some reports that the officer was assaulted with a skateboard before the shooting.

That very well could be what hppened.. Also could be since the only thing they had were skateboards the cop is having to say he was assaulted with a skateboard.

I bet if one of them had a gun on them we wouldnt be hearing anything about skateboards.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse
Would a bicycle be deemed a lethal weapon? Does the word armed not mean a weapon?. You could use anything as a weapon. But you cannot say they are armed with anything

edit on 21-5-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
a reply to: Greathouse
Would a bicycle be deemed a lethal weapon?

If they throw it at you then yes.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Where's the line drawn as armed? Is me have saliva in my mouth constitute as being armed?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The officer will be urinating on the corpses and the union reps will be observing to make sure they don't spill a drop on the floor of the morgue.

FBI response team already in action with the press releases regarding the unworthiness of the suspects to draw breath.

The case is expected to drag on for days if not hours.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Where's the line drawn as armed? Is me have saliva in my mouth constitute as being armed?

No but I do believe it's considered assault.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Trying to rationalize the atrocities is playing their game.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

If you spit on a cop thats assault on a police officer. So I guess your armed to the teeth..

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Do you think getting whacked in the head with a skateboard would be nonthreatening? There's a simple rule that works in most cases to keep you from getting shot. Do not confront the police, because bottom-line they're going to win.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

A pencil can be used as a weapon.

Well anyone that shoots someone because they are scared of a pencil is a gigantic pussy.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Do you think getting whacked in the head with a skateboard would be nonthreatening? There's a simple rule that works in most cases to keep you from getting shot. Do not confront the police, because bottom-line they're going to win.

Im just saying I have to take everything the cop says with a grain of salt, I have seen them shoot a guy in the back and casually stroll over to the body and plant eveidence.

I have seen them choke a guy to death in public for selling cigaretts.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Lol many levels

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join