It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea claims to have the ability to miniaturize nuclear weapons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

(CNN)North Korea said Wednesday that it has the ability to miniaturize nuclear weapons, a key step toward building nuclear missiles.

Analysts and U.S. officials have said previously that they suspected Kim Jong Un's regime was capable of the technical feat, which is needed to fit a nuclear device on the tip of a ballistic missile.

"We have had the capability of miniaturizing nuclear warheads, as well as producing multiform weapons, for some time," the North Korean military said in a statement carried by the state-run Korean Central News Agency.

Source

This is the next step towards world war three. Now we have to be scared of mini nukes from Korea.
edit on 2052015 by ChefSlug because: Added source

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefSlug

Could be just blowing smoke.

Talk is cheap - that being said, I hope we never have to find out for sure

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Honey I shrunk the nukes

Oh please if you could/would go in there it's probably like travelling back in time 70 years.
the only miniature thing there is the brain of their leader.

At most this is the usual nonsense america puts out so it can justify having a military base in every corner of the world and keep the military industrial complex fat.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

This is the same state that claimed that Kim Jong Il got umpteen holes in one on his first time around a golf course and that every single major invention of the past 50-odd years was invented in North Korea first. So I call bullcrap.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
awe, How cute, Just like it's People..

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
Honey I shrunk the nukes

Oh please if you could/would go in there it's probably like travelling back in time 70 years.

At most this is the usual nonsense america puts out so it can justify having a military base in every corner of the world and keep the military industrial complex fat.

Sadly due to poor nutrition the average North Korean is already far smaller than the average South Korean. Of course the NK government explains this away by claiming the Southerners are polluting their blood by sleeping with lots and lots of Americans. Words fail me.

EDIT: A quick cite.
edit on 20-5-2015 by AngryCymraeg because: Cite added

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Honey I shrunk the nukes

True on the military-industrial complex.
50-60 years ago in the US the "Davy Crockett" was developed. A field artillery three man mini-nuke. They realized how stupid the idea was before it was put out in the field since the soldiers wouldnt quite be outside of the blast radius.
So could DPRK have ones for warheads? It's not outside of the realm of possibility.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I want the believe the people living there secretly facepalm in their houses over how stupid the entire situation is

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

North Korea claims.......and I stopped reading there (again)

Maybe round-boy should concentrate on miniaturizing chocolate bars and ice creams and his waistline and his ego instead of more propaganda inspired sabre-rattling who-gives-a-ship........sounds like Bibi vis-a-vis Irans about to nuke me now....no now.....n o w, now...........OK for real this time.......now........meow

yawn, rolls eyes

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Basket ball sized nukes have been theoretically possible since the 60s. The technology however to be able to build such weaponry is IMHO well beyond the capability of the North Koreans.

So no North Korean Snukes to worry about for quite some time.

edit on 20-5-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I want the believe the people living there secretly facepalm in their houses over how stupid the entire situation is

Even worse when this happens -

edit on 20-5-2015 by AngryCymraeg because: Fix link

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Screw nuclear weapons, we need to get our hands on that miniaturizing machine.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Ut oh Barbie nukes.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Have you seen the film footage of the test firing of this thing? I have got it on a DVD and the shell just gets over the horizon before it goes off. I swear one of the soldiers shakes his head slightly as if to say "idiots".

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Pfffft. Compared to some of the things we have, nukes are just playthings for children.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The news person actually states " they have the ability to miniaturize nuclear weapons small enough to put on a missile". Not miniature nukes.The size of the nuclear warhead is determined by the containment unit required. Therefore the smaller the unit , the smaller the yield.Until a new way to contain such as maybe cold fusion ? comes along the nukes will be the same size.

edit on 20-5-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

My impression of NK is that they are desperate for attention but don't know what century the rest of civilization is living in exactly.
that's why they tried crap like "born under a double rainbow" or the perfect bowling game, and now mini nukes.

i guess in 15 or so years they will talk about a magical technology that allows them to harvest sunbeams and convert them into energy...

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Mini nukes you say? I've found the perfect buyer...

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

i guess in 15 or so years they will talk about a magical technology that allows them to harvest sunbeams and convert them into energy...

Solar energy? Oh those crazy, crazy NK's.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join