It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Obama pilot describes lengthy UFO encounter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on May, 17 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Though this happened some time ago, this guy obviously remembers it well, it made quite an impression on him.

It seems that pilots, be they civilian or military, usually come forward with this stuff when they are retired. Why? They could lose their jobs if they spoke about such things while still employed. All you have to look at to prove this is the O'Hare UFO in 2006, seen by hundreds of airline employees, but none was willing to go on the record. So a question for another thread is this - if there is nothing to these things, why do all these pilots have the threat of censure or termination hanging over them?

Anyway, this was an over 40 minute encounter. Seen by everyone on the flight deck. The pilot ruled out the moon, as it was easily identifiable elsewhere as a crescent that night. Ruled out searchlights. Too long to be a meteor or flares, unlikely another aircraft would be that close in identical heading for so long.

Pilot states he believes it was EBE's.

In my OPINION, the only possible explanations are:

1. Top secret earth aircraft - but this begs the question why a secret aircraft would allow itself to be seen for almost an hour? If they had just glimpsed it for just a few seconds this explanation would be more plausible.

2. Breakaway civilization - again begs the question, this kind of civilization could only exist on earth with the utmost secrecy, and wouldn't such actions endanger such secrecy? I also believe this kind of explanation is promoted by disinfo agents as a cover for EBE activity.

3. EBE tech - with which the pilot agrees. I might add the pilot has more experience than 99.99% of the posters on here in identifying aerial phenomenon. He has credibility.

PS - any Obama or political comments are off-topic and will be reported to mods

edit on 17-5-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: additon

edit on 17-5-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Pilots resists telling their tales because they will be grounded if they insist they "see things". Airline companies aren't covering for anything, just concerned with safety.

Thanks for bringing the story.

At 4:12, "It was sooo cool". I totally identify with that.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Interesting story I'd like to see him do an interview with a proper presenter though.
Apparently he reported the sighting to the National UFO Report Centre , it would be interesting to see his actual report of the incident.

Here's an interview with Andrew Danziger in which he recounts his story without all the interruptions.

I yelled to Bruce, "Holy s--t." He immediately looked over from what he was doing. Above the clouds, where the white disc had been, was a now giant red ball. It was big and bright and just sat there above the clouds. It wasn't intense enough to illuminate us with a red glow but it was still plenty bright. We sat there in stunned silence. We obviously didn't want to hit it but quickly saw that it was flying parallel to our course. We weren't on a collision course and we also weren't gaining on it. Time became a blur as we continued our descent, this giant, red ball holding its course.

We slowly lost altitude and at around 13,000 feet, the brightly glowing ball began a gradual descent, too. As it did, it slowly started disappearing behind those wispy clouds. In about 30 seconds, like a setting sun but not nearly as bright, it vanished behind the clouds. The instant it fully disappeared, hundreds of lights began flashing from within the clouds.
www.nydailynews.com...

edit on 17-5-2015 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

It's a great reported sighting he makes in that interview. No idea how he managed to leap to spaceships and aliens based on what he described seeing. And how many more times must someone *prove* something was 'aliens' based on how many bloody stars there are in the universe? It irks the crap out of me! Also why would the presenter equate aliens with having no fear of dying? From sighting to evidence of an afterlife with not a rational thought in between.

Still, what he describes is reminiscent of a handful of good UFO reports.

The flashing lights in the clouds have actually been filmed and posted on YT sometime in 2010/11. There's a thread about it that I've been looking for (on and off) for months because I want to see the video once again. We used to have a meteorologist member (Ozweatherman) and even he was baffled at the time. Unusual weather phenomenon.

The 'moon' description has been described many times back in the heyday of these things. Pilots assume it's the moon then realise that the moon is actually several degrees removed from this object. In this case, he's differentiated from the moon due to the object being spherical and the moon being a crescent.

The huge 'red ball' that descends into the clouds is something more novel and I can't think of a case straight away that compares to it. Sure enough, maybe one or two of the mid-40s 'Foo' reports involved large red spheres? Not sure they sound like this thing he describes.

The way the clouds become tissue-like and disperse reminds me of a couple of 1950s pilot reports where they saw objects that combined and then seemed to pull apart like taffy.

The impression I'm left with from his report is that of a weather phenomenon. Another impression is that the guy is relating what he saw accurately; I believe him.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

No idea how he managed to leap to spaceships and aliens based on what he described seeing.

He didn't, she poses the question, "You believe in Aliens?". Seeing something outside the realm of experience is confusing to witnesses. Its like I don't know what it was, I just know it wasn't from here.

So then, "aleeeens" has to be considered, which because of programming, makes us sound "stupid".

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Thanks for the text link. I couldn't bear the shrill, screaming voice of the talkshow aunt.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

She asks: Do you believe it was an alien spacecraft?
He replies: Probably.

So yeah, he did make that leap. We weren't there so maybe there's more to his 'probably' than he expresses in the interview?

The reason I wonder about a rare weather phenomenon is due to the description. He doesn't describe an artificial-looking object. It sounds like a light-form that gets drawn into the clouds and triggers some freakish electromagnetic storm. It can't be ball lightning that we're aware of due to the length of time this incident took.

An interesting ass-scratcher of a report

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

My observations:

This persons qualifications appears similar to the individuals that stood at the podium of the National Press Club in 2001 who told similar stories as part of the disclosure project.......not that it really matters, I know a person, for instance, in SW West Australia who also has a similar story - and I am one of only a hand-full of people who he has told his story to because he is also a community leader and fears ridicule if he went "public"............but for him, ex-RAAF pilot and now a chemical engineer, the event was as real and unexplainable as it gets

The interviewer came across as very unprofessional at times and with such a subject matter, it's important to get the message out in the most objective and professional way possible - this interview did not do his story real justice, IMO.

This happened in 1989 and therefore the video title to even include the current president is a pathetic attempt to gain YT hits and again does not do the field of ufology any justice - a story about something like this, to have credence, has to stand on it's own merits.

I believe this individuals testimony and that he saw something wonderfully unexplainable in 1989. He joins millions of others who share similar stories around the planet.

S&F

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Absolutely. What else was in the clouds?

My only sighting had a "thingy" disappear into clouds as well. A weird cloud, the only cloud in the valley that night.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It's a pity I can't locate the cloud video to illustrate what the pilot describes.

ETA -- Gortex sent me a link and in one of his own posts (no less!), there is the video I recalled.

Cheers brother

edit on 5.17.2015 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Pilots resists telling their tales because they will be grounded if they insist they "see things". Airline companies aren't covering for anything, just concerned with safety.

Thanks for bringing the story.

At 4:12, "It was sooo cool". I totally identify with that.

Nice spin attempt. You want to rethink your first sentence about the pilots being grounded by the airlines if they speak out, because, as you then say, the airlines are concerned about safety? The airlines allow all sorts of stories out that have a direct, solid import on safety issues, everything from crew problems, machine problems, etc. We hear about such constantly. But strangely enough, they take the government's position on UFOs, basically, the things don't exist and as a crew member you damned well better not talk about them. Can we get serious about the constant denial of these events?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Don't know what he saw and unless he was in communication with the craft, he apparently doesn't either. But the 3 things you said were all you saw as possible are a very tiny box to be in. ET is real. We're all ET. And there are sides, slavers who are entrapping humanity in web of deceit and our 1% work for them, and those trying to wake us up.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
what’s a Obama pilot? Is it like Obama care were everyone pays for there own Pilot ?

Do you mean Airforce one Pilot?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I think the the pilot genuinely saw something he could not explain. Was it an "alien spacecraft"?

Well it would be wrong to rule it out without more information. Now pilots might be familiar with things they see regularly in the sky but how many of them are actually qualified to identify an alien spacecraft? Or even a man-made one for that matter?

According to a couple of sources there are more details:

It was April 10, 1989 and early in my career. I was still a first officer at a regional airline. It was about 8 p.m. and we had just taken off from Kansas City International Airport bound for Waterloo, Iowa. It was a beautiful evening, with a full moon, clear skies and crisp early spring temperatures. The weather forecast for Waterloo was as nice, with clear skies and unlimited visibility.

Full article : nydailynews.com

The date and time help. We know this sighting occurred in the evening of April 10th 1989. The journey took just over an hour so the timing of the events were roughly 8pm - just after 9pm between Kansas City and Waterloo, Iowa.

From there perhaps someone could search various astronomical/meteorological events, satellite launches and rockets decaying into orbit to rule things in or out. The case needs to be examined in more detail before we can start jumping to any conclusions.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

There are sightings by the average person on the street, but when you have pilots, military personal, police, or sightings by multiple witnesses, you have to give these sightings credibility. When you hear these witnesses describe what they've seen, you can easily sense if they're being truthful. When a pilot or other professional waits until they're retired or on their death bed, it gives their sighting even more credibility.

The taboo of being a "nut job" for talking about UFO's or claiming to have seen something you can't relate to, is clearly a government program to discredit individuals who had extraordinary sightings and contacts. Unfortunately, the program works like a charm. Skeptics unknowingly help strengthen this program by discrediting eyewitnesses or bringing up proven misidentified sightings and molding it to explain it away.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Absolutely. What else was in the clouds?

My only sighting had a "thingy" disappear into clouds as well. A weird cloud, the only cloud in the valley that night.

the object that we categorize as a UFO are Drones from Heaven keeping current tabs on the behaviors/events on Earth...

when that sighted UFO disappeared in that cloud bank... it entered a dimensional portal /stargate to Heaven from this physical sphere...recall that the Ark-of-the-Covenant also generated 'Thunder and Lightning' when in communication with the Creator (tribal God)~

~ I suspect the non-physical orb-sphere caused the Lightnings upon leaving this Earth time-space plane

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

that's popularly called a Sun Dog as I recall

atmospheric 'lensing'? or just other clouds blocking all but a small shaft of the Suns rays so that the result looks bright ?
if you keep the highest edge of the cloud in the video mind... that Sun-Dog is never brighter than that ultra-white edge of the puffy cloud
see for yourself

edit on th31143187490817012015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
The impression I'm left with from his report is that of a weather phenomenon.

I'm not sure how you arrived at that conclusion, considering the crew spent 30 to 40 minutes observing a white disk before witnessing the large red ball. The entire report as a whole does not indicate any weather phenomenon that I'm aware of. Especially taking into account this, from Gortex's link:

It was a beautiful evening, with a full moon, clear skies and crisp early spring temperatures. The weather forecast for Waterloo was as nice, with clear skies and unlimited visibility......Within about 40 miles of Waterloo, ATC confirmed the weather, still clear skies and unrestricted visibility at our destination as we began to descend.

originally posted by: Aliensun
Nice spin attempt. You want to rethink your first sentence about the pilots being grounded by the airlines if they speak out, because, as you then say, the airlines are concerned about safety? The airlines allow all sorts of stories out that have a direct, solid import on safety issues, everything from crew problems, machine problems, etc. We hear about such constantly. But strangely enough, they take the government's position on UFOs, basically, the things don't exist and as a crew member you damned well better not talk about them. Can we get serious about the constant denial of these events?

Agreed.
The pilots even admitted to this themselves. Once again from the link:

Our airline had no official UFO policy (nor did any that I ever worked for), but at the time we were both young with long and promising careers in front of us. We knew through the grapevine that pilots weren't supposed to talk about UFOs so we swore the station agent on duty to secrecy and agreed not to talk about our incident to any of our co-workers.

Now we don't want to jeopardize those "long and promising careers" do we?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
what’s a Obama pilot? Is it like Obama care were everyone pays for there own Pilot ?

Do you mean Airforce one Pilot?

No. This guy flew obama once during his first presidential run when he was senator. It's just a title to grab clicks .

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

How many of us do you imagine can "recall" the arc of the covenant or how it behaves? None of us. Aliens aren't far fetched enough without this silliness.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join