It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Intelligence....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
So Im watching Interstellar movie just now and they have this smart computer robot thing called TARS.

Its got me thinking, what if it were possible to "record" the human brain. Like a back up?

It might not work like a brain, but what if we could back it up, so it could be there, so even though you die, you can still have a working back up that you could talk to?

It doesnt learn, but its there, captured in time forever....

Weird sh1t...

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

I think the main issue with that idea, is that the human brains operation is only understood to a limited degree, even in this enlightened age. Furthermore, our brains memory content alone would probably hammer any single computer out there into dust, for sheer volume and retrieval capacity.

Imagine trying to count up all the bytes of data that a human brain retains throughout a life, just the visual memories, those which relate specifically and solely to things that the person has seen, and retained a mental image of. And furthermore, the other sense memories, and the emotional element to the human experience. There is simply too much data, stored in too strange a way, to be copied in the manner you suggest.

It would almost be easier to create an entire artificial intelligence, than to download a backup copy of a human brain, as far as I can make out.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Yeah, Interstellar has some awesome scenes. That whole 5th world D MT dimension stuff is just crazy awesome.

But at the end of the day, the whole movie is just pandering to the red neck mainstream, it's honestly just one big plug for NASA.

edit on 16-5-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I dont wanna spoil it for you...

You should watch the movie 'Chappie'

Its the new one with Hugh Jackman......

Its exactly what happens in the movie.... just watch it!

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

What if the whole fifth world '___' dimension /psychedelia cult reference is just pandering to the cyborg clone AI agenda????

What if to make cyborgs / AI, instead of trying to make computers more like us, first they have to make us more like computers?? And by shilling people down virtual reality rabbit hole / and psychadelja rabbit whole, they dumb everyone down and turn us into clones?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

If indeed it turns out that we are living in a simulated environment it is already done, every brain and every thought is there waiting to be recreated after "death".

new topics

top topics

join