It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call it 'gender fluidity': Schools to teach kids there's no such thing as boys or girls

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Well said. Ultimately it doesn't even matter if it's biology or choice. We have free will and so even if it were choice to change your gender, who deems themselves as having the authority to say it's wrong or shameful... no one, isn't that what we in the West claim makes us great? Freedom?

Being that WE value freedom and choice should we not educate our children on the full scope of what that means? That though we may find something icky it doesn't mean we get to act against anothers pursuit of happiness?

If you want to teach this stuff to Your children...you have that Freedom
What about parents and children ? Shouldn't they have the Freedom to refuse to allow their children to be brainwashed with values they do not agree with ?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Ultimately it doesn't even matter if it's biology or choice.

Damn straight

Keep your paws off my mind, my heart and my life

:-)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Noobarino

Then they can take them out of public school.

All they are doing is teaching kids that some people are different, and people are freaking out.

I love how the word brainwashed keeps getting used, talk about taking it to the extreme.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Then they can take them out of public school.

All they are doing is teaching kids that some people are different, and people are freaking out.

I love how the word brainwashed keeps getting used, talk about taking it to the extreme.

So...if you don't want your children being instilled with freakish-goverment-approved-value-systems, our only recourse is to take them out of public schools.

I wonder...if Right Winger's were in charge of the DOE for the last few decades, and schools were teaching that homosexuality was an abomination...if you would be so comfortable with government-instilled-value-systems

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Values? Hmm.

Well, you do in fact have a choice about the way in which your child is educated. If you want your child to grow up ignorant of what freedom means, ironically you have the freedom to do so. Private schools that teach hate are a dime a dozen but if you can't afford that you can home school.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
But gender is a social construct and in my mind, If you can teach people that their genital's and sexual orientation are not what defines them as a person, then i think we can drain a little narcissism from the average western person.

Next lesson: How having load's of money and expensive things doesn't automatically make you a good/upstanding person who positively contributes to the society they inhabit.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Values? Hmm.

Well, you do in fact have a choice about the way in which your child is educated. If you want your child to grow up ignorant of what freedom means, ironically you have the freedom to do so. Private schools that teach hate are a dime a dozen but if you can't afford that you can home school.

Freedom to me is not having the government interfere with my family's value system

Freedom to you is having the government instill your value system onto everyone ( who doesn't understand freedom ? )

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: honested3

I applaude you.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

LGBT people are a part of the public. Kids taught the immorality of hate at home or in their religious places treat LGBT like they are abominations. They're bullied, tortured in some cases but the problem you see is teaching kids that gender doesn't have to define you?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80 Lol

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
one day, gender will be as definitive as a suit of clothes...and we will become an androgynous society.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

edit on 16-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: spirit_horse The title is misleading ..umm Faux news. The sexual education is modernized and rational. It has no agenda or is trying to push a student in any particular direction.

Besides what I said before, I can see this heading off some bullying. It's a good thing that schools want to teach what has been accepted as scientifically correct for decades and probably don't want anymore suicides on their watch.

link   

originally posted by: Noobarino

Values? Hmm.

Freedom to me is not having the government interfere with my family's value system

Freedom to you is having the government instill your value system onto everyone ( who doesn't understand freedom ? )

If educating children on social realities will "interfere" with your family's value system, what does that say about your family's value system? Fundamentalists claim the same arguments when their children learn that Earth is older than 6,000 years.

Parents also used your exact argument when we were desegregating schools. They claimed that teaching their white children they were not superior to black people was interfering with their family values.

History will view you the same way that we now view those people who supported segregation and fought against equal rights or, going a bit further back, women's suffrage.

link   
People wonder why this country is going down the toilet! Real education does not matter anymore, social education and indoctrination is more important now.

Government over reach is here and the same people who said they wanted to fight it are now embracing it just because it's a cause they can get behind.

I bet the people praising this are the same ones who said religion should be abolished from school. I find it a bit hypocritical but I don't support either of these things being taught in school.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
LGBT people are a part of the public. Kids taught the immorality of hate at home or in their religious places treat LGBT like they are abominations. They're bullied, tortured in some cases but the problem you see is teaching kids that gender doesn't have to define you?

I don't want the government instilling my values onto school children.

It bothers me that you think it's ok for the government to instill your values onto children.

School has become more about Social Engineering than it is learning and critical thinking. Whatever happened to the 3 R's ?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I was about to point this out, but nevermind...

Can we all say agenda???

All together now...

AGENDA!!

...and a rather ugly one, too.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

It's not values.

It's equality.

People can't continue to go around treating LGBT people like criminals and animals... abusing them verbally, physically. That includes children. Your children will come to face to face someday with a person who is gay or transgendered and the hate you taught them isn't going to serve them well in that situation.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Social Realities ? Says who ? Some left wing quacks ?

Gender is a social construct ??? No it's not...it's a product of nature.

Sure there may be a very small % of people with hormonal imbalances and mis-wired circuitry, but these people are less than .01 % and no reason to come up with some pseudo-science in order to validate their existence

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Oh for the love of God.

If one more person quotes from "The Naked Communist" by ex-FBI agent Cleon Skousen one more time, I'm going to punch every corporation on the planet. (Edit: Cleon Skousen was also a Mormon -- and we all know they're not known for credible works of literature)

First of all, it goes without saying that this book was garbage written in the 60s to fuel anti-communist sentiments.

Second of all, god forbid we should teach children to abandon traditional gender roles in a society where we no longer adhere to said gender roles. What's next? Are you going to get mad at Rosie the Riveter for not having meatloaf on the table in time for dinner? This is 2015 -- not 1955.

Lastly, I can go back through hundreds of ancient societies that had flexible gender roles, homosexuality, and bisexuality -- including native Americans, Greeks, Japanese, Romans, Nordic Tribes, Indians, and Africans. If I really feel like driving the point home, I could point to animals like dolphins, primates, dogs, cats, and others who do the same.
edit on 2015516 by scolai because: Added info

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join