It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is decapitation "bad"?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
In the past days, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has found reason to seperate several individuals' skulls from their respective bodies and, yet, there has been little media uproar. This stands in stark contrast to the attention given to Islamic State clips of beheadings when covered in western media. Why is that?
Eta: sorry, my link broke to the article I wanted to quote.

edit on 15-5-2015 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

[flippant] Dude! Don't mention Saudi Arabia in a less than positive manner. You're asking for a serious NSA dig into why you're not patriotic.[/flippant]

In all seriousness, you kind of answered the question yourself. It's the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. That's the reason.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I can't imagine that it's ever good for the decapitated.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Badgered1

But Saudis are "good guys in sheets".
Remember all of the pictures of George Bush Jr. Holding hands with them?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

The only reason I can think of is it depends on "who" does it. Is it capital punishment by a government or is it done by a criminal group because they are pissed at the world?
Example, man kills wife, gets caught and then faces death by lethal injection or depending on your country, stoning, hanging, beheading.
Man beheads another man for not being of a certain religion or not believing in a certain god or just been from another country.
That I believe is the reason for mixed media coverage. It is only my opinion.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Well I think Isis beheads innocent victims but Saudi Arabia beheads in accordance to their laws. That is kind of a big difference.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Imagine if the US very publically cut the heads off of four mexicans and a Honduran...
that happened last week in Saudi Arabia.

What would be the outcry?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsealad

Excellent point.

Death is death. In the U.S. we execute who we wish in the way we as a society feel is acceptable.

What is the difference if you chop off a person's head or inject the person with a lethal drug? The result is the same.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
In the past days, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has found reason to seperate several individuals' skulls from their respective bodies and, yet, there has been little media uproar. This stands in stark contrast to the attention given to Islamic State clips of beheadings when covered in western media. Why is that?

Because they (the house of Saud) are our (ah-ehm) allies?

Personaly, execution by decapitation (Madame le Guilottine in particular) seems more humane then how the US does them - legal injection, gas chamber, drone...

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

if you intention is to end the life of the other person,
then decapitation is the best option.

People don't recover from that.

On September 24, 2014, an "angry employee", later identified as Nolen, was fired[7] from his job at Vaughan Foods in suburban Oklahoma City. Immediately afterwards, he went home to retrieve a knife and place it inside his shoe. He then drove to the plant's main distribution center, crashed into a parked car,[6][8] and entered the front administrative office area at around 4:15 p.m.[1] There, according to detectives, he attacked a female employee from behind with the knife, slashing her throat and beheading her.[5][9] Other coworkers tried to stop him during the assault by kicking him and throwing chairs at him. Then, he slashed the throat and face of another female employee, intending to behead her as well, before being shot and wounded in the arm and abdomen by company owner Mark Vaughan, who was also an Oklahoma County reserve deputy, before being arrested by responding police.

Now that was bad.

The Quran references the beheading of unbelievers at times of war, as follows:

"Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers [in fight], smite at their necks; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly [on them]: thereafter [is the time for] either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens. Thus [are ye commanded]: but if it had been Allah's Will, He could certainly have exacted retribution from them [Himself]; but [He lets you fight] in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the Way of Allah,- He will never let their deeds be lost." - Quran 47:4

If you want someone dead, smite at their necks.

Since World War II, the garrote has been regularly employed as a weapon by soldiers as a silent means of eliminating sentries and other enemy personnel. A garrote can be made out of many different materials, including ropes, cable ties, fishing lines, nylon, guitar strings, telephone cord or piano wire.

In 2013, a marijuana grower in Upstate New York was nearly decapitated after he accidentally tripped one of his own booby traps that he had strung up to protect his plants. In this case he doth smite at his own neck. Not too smart, that one.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Yep. They are our "Friends." Of course, they have a lot of oil, so we'll always be chummy with them.
If any other country on Earth does what they do, but doesn't have oil, they are 'bad guys.'

As for the 'laws,' Hoosierdaddy71, they are the exact same laws cited by ISIS. It's just that they also add the FU angle.
If ISIS suddenly took control of all the ME oilfields, you'd see a whole lot of diplomacy suddenly occur from 'our' side, or a full scale mobilization. It really is that shallow.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Personaly, execution by decapitation (Madame le Guilottine in particular) seems more humane then how the US does them - legal injection, gas chamber, drone...

The Guillotine, like the axe, hardly ever worked on the first chop.
Saudis also stone and dismember people on hearsay. But it is according to their law, so who am I to judge? Right, Hoosier?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Other than the reason that have been supplied above by the posters I would add. The Saudi's good or bad decapitate with a sword. Usually takes the head off in one stroke and is fairly humane. More so than a botched firing squad or the electric chair or even poison or gas.

ISIS beheads with a small knife. That requires sawing through a living persons neck until the head falls off. That takes several strokes and is in humane.

Either way I think Saudi Arabia sucks and so does ISIS. But I also hate places like UAE and Dubai. That whole region really.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Because the AIS and other terrorists are nasty evil fascist murderers.

Whereas the Saudis are nasty evil fascist murderers ..... who have a lot of oil.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Saudis also stone and dismember people on hearsay. But it is according to their law, so who am I to judge? Right, Hoosier?

I beg to differ on Madame le Guilotine not working at first strike:

In spite of its efficiency, an execution by guillotine was still a sickening spectacle. When the head was severed, blood poured from the body as the heart continued to pump. When it was used frequently (as it was during the revolution), the stench from the place of execution was horrible. There is also some evidence to suggest that the head retained some life for a moment after the head was severed and so the death might not be as quick as has been supposed.

www.historywiz.com...

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I beg to differ on Madame le Guilotine not working at first strike:

In spite of its efficiency, an execution by guillotine was still a sickening spectacle. When the head was severed, blood poured from the body as the heart continued to pump. When it was used frequently (as it was during the revolution), the stench from the place of execution was horrible. There is also some evidence to suggest that the head retained some life for a moment after the head was severed and so the death might not be as quick as has been supposed.

www.historywiz.com...

Okay...when it was sharpened, it worked well.
So does carbon monoxide and it is a lot less graphic.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
That is one of my issues against the ME . If they would step up into the 21st Century instead of living in the Dark Ages or before the world may be a little better off. Behead the people that do not live EXACTLY as they think they should , or stone them to death , or throw them off a building ? Come on. No other Nation does that for the reasons they do.Yes , there are laws that evil people are put to death , but in any modern country it is the last option and reserved for the most evil.I have several Muslim friends in the US and they love this country (sometimes I believe more so than I) .Because they can live their lives the way they want and not fear being arrested for it.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I can't imagine that it's ever good for the decapitated.

Larf!

I don't believe it is good for humanity in general.
But we seem to be inundated with "good" beheaders and "bad" beheaders.
Almost akin to the whole good billionaire versus bad billionaire debates on ats...soros versus koch and whatnot.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

You should check out the pictures of Obama meeting them.
He bows down before them.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

You should check out the pictures of Obama meeting them.
He bows down before them.

Saw them...Was going to post them but the whole upload to ats thing is a pain in the ass.
The Pics are just as disturbing.
The only reason I single out the Bush family is due to the 28 pages yet to be published by the 9/11 Commission because of Saudi involvement.

meh, they all do # like bow and kiss pope rings and whatnot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join