It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Humming noise in North Louisiana

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I am in morehouse parish and the cicadas are very loud right now, it is a constant high pitched hum, sounds kinda like a turbine or fan running somewhere.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: chopperswolf

i recognize the cicada sound, this isn't it

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

no fracking in the immediate area, at least not wihin a 30 mile area

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
i tried to record the sound again, you may have to turn the volume up all the way.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Thunderheart

Perhaps fracking going on. They run 24/7. They utilize a lot more equipment these days. I see their flatbeds all of the time with mysterious, complicated looking equipment onboard.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: teslahowitzer

We try to create quality in our threads and response. Not everything is funny.

But if that is all you can come up with...there's always that "other" site.

Try to put some effort in our site. Please.

Thanks
MS

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Having a hearing loss in the high pitch range. And having locus, cicadas and crickets here... I rarely can here most bugs.
Whatever that is... is loud! And has a Flange ffect to it.

I can also say that having been to the local Fracking site just 3 miles away, at greater Pittsburgh international Airport. That's not the sound of fracking pump engines.

Interesting.

Edit: however.. that said. If you get a bunch of the said bugs together. And they all start chirping away in the hundreds of thousands. I can hear them. And it does carry that Flange FX like on a guitar. But that only occurs for say an hour a night, down by the creek. Not running solid for a week or so.
edit on 14-5-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

I would also bet that it is connected to oil or gas production.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Look back through member stealthykat thread and post history. If I remember right she was in Lousiana and recorded something very similar in 2012...

Try this one,
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-5-2015 by Doodle19815 because: To add link

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Interesting.

I am of the opinion that we are about to witness some serious geological changes. The apparent recent uptick of Big EQs and other wierdness have me feeling that way.

Either that or fracking right? Or underground tunnels?

If none of those, it must be something mysterious right? A theory that hasn't been brought to the table?

I'm asking everybody.

I'm with our poster who says "Gaia is mad ".........

Edit to add: my bad, it was Oannes and they actually said, "something is going on with Gaia". My mind translated this to "Gaia is mad".....

edit on 14-5-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It's a duck call.

Seriously, these noises have been heard all over the world recently over the last few years, no one really knows why.

Research "low rumbling noise" or "humming noise" and you'll be surprised what comes up !

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It's a duck call.

Seriously, these noises have been heard all over the world recently over the last few years, no one really knows why.

Research "low rumbling noise" or "humming noise" and you'll be surprised what comes up !

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

Yes! When I heard the video I thought of stealthykat's thread also.

I have to agree with others. There's something going on. Very active volcano's and an aboundance of Earthquakes.

The plates are really moving around at this time. I have been watching USGS and the Quake Watch Thread every little bit of time I get.

Just wanted to add. Hawaii is getting really jiggy.

edit on 15-5-2015 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Edit: however.. that said. If you get a bunch of the said bugs together. And they all start chirping away in the hundreds of thousands. I can hear them. And it does carry that Flange FX like on a guitar. But that only occurs for say an hour a night, down by the creek. Not running solid for a week or so.

Could it be mating season? I know Louisiana has crazy massive amounts of insects at certain times of the year. Anyone familiar with "lovebugs"? The totally mess up your windshield and you have to clean it every day. That and the grille of your car. It's crazy, I tell ya. And the mosquitoes, good lord those things are everywhere. I'm leaning towards mating season for some type of insect there, coming from up in the trees.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
2 years ago, middle of the day in florida, beachside, no swarm of insects, i was standing outside in my yard with my son, and this sound in the sky approached my area. it was loud, echoed off all the buildings, occasionally changed the pressure in the air when it emitted a slight thumping sound, the rest of the time it was one long pitch, like in your video. the noise sounded like it was coming from every direction. it kept moving over the area, however, until it was in the distance and gradually faded away. there were no clouds in the sky, and nothing visible. the water table here is incredibly close to the surface and the underpinning is cochina stone which is riddled with big holes. there's no way they would drill massive tunnels under beach side. so i really don't think it was a drilling machine. it would've been operating in water and undermining the foundations of all the homes it drilled under.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I live in northern Winn parish and I've heard the same thing before. At first I thought it was something wrong with my central air unit or something, like a low electric motor hum that sorta cycles. When I realized it was not coming from within the house I went outside and could still hear it but I could'nt really tell which direction it was coming from. It seems to last anywhere from a few minutes to several hours sometimes but I haven't heard it lately.

I'm disabled so I am home alot during the day. I've also been sitting in the computer room and heard booms go off, sounds like a sonic boom directly over the house. I've heard this several times in the years I've lived here, a few of those times I actually felt the house shake and thought a tree limb or something had fallen on the roof or somebody had dropped a boulder on my front porch. I walk outside and everything is fine......its totally weird and at first I thought it was just me but my neighbors say they hear it also.

What it is I'm not sure but it is strange.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

one of my neighbor thinks it's a locust, he says it got louder the deeper he walked into the woods, not sure

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
That sounds a lot like a swarm of locust. Or, the more likely solution is fracking. I was in Monroe about a month ago and heard some weird noises out on the road up to little rock. Sounded similar, but with a lower hum, more bass sounding?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I posted a request in quakewatch to see if one of the quaketards could run an analysis on the audio to check for a seismic component to the sound.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Came across this article today, hadn't actually seen any videos or heard any recordings of this stuff before, the second one is really loud! nypost.com...

edit on 19/5/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join